ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R & R HOF Nominees Announced

Don't know what the above bands have in common but,

No Social Distortion
Another miss, but not sure they have the commercial success that would move the needle. Love Social D. Saw them at the Stone Pony in 2008, Springsteen showed up and played several songs. Thought that Mike Ness was going to wet his pants on stage. He was like a little kid with Bruce freaking Springsteen on stage with him.

Go woke go broke: I guess they're following Hollywood's lead in using ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc for their decisions.

For once you and I are in complete agreement.

Your cliche take misses the mark here. But predictable.

Please explain how including Donna Summer (which I disagree with) is causing them to go broke.

Reactions: fsg2 and BLewis1968
What's the RnR hall of fame? Thought that died about 15 years ago with these bull$hit nominations and inductions.
Used to be FM..turned into AM

A long time ago the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame became nothing but a joke. Half of the people in it are not rock and roll. Dolly Parton ? Rap artists ? Pop divas ? They know what rock and roll is. They just don't give a crap about it. They should have changed the name long ago to The Popular Music Hall of Fame. Unfortunately "rock and roll" has a certain image that they wanna hold onto.
Bogus.
So true.

tenor.gif

Mariah Carey? Cher? Come on...Hendrix, John Bonham, Keith Moon, John Entwistle and many other real RnR giants are rolling over in their graves. Again.

It ain't the Rock and Roll HOF it's just called that.

I think Cher should get in because she is a cultural icon. Mariah Carey no....Mary J Blige no...I mean when you put people like Diana Ross in its because she transcended music into iconic status. Thats why Im okay with Madonna/Diana Ross. I dont see that with Mary J Blige or Mariah Carey. The movement for the latter is strictly to start moving toward diversity and having pop and hip/hop take over from here on.

To exclude New Order and Iron Maiden is criminal

Cher, Rock and Roll? No. Cher into a music HOF sure. She should be in an all time idiot HOF fame too but I digress.

No Frampton but meh - it is what it is.
A lot of 'genre pure" rock bands were pretty mediocre - noise makers.
Twisted Sister and Kiss over Sade? I'll take Sade.

Another miss, but not sure they have the commercial success that would move the needle. Love Social D. Saw them at the Stone Pony in 2008, Springsteen showed up and played several songs. Thought that Mike Ness was going to wet his pants on stage. He was like a little kid with Bruce freaking Springsteen on stage with him.
I agree but it's unfortunate that commercial success appears to be a main driver in the selection process. Using "dirty" words in many of his songs probably didn't help either, but his body of work is extensive and legit. They are classified as punk rock (which I love) but to me they are a rock band.

I am seeing them in Charlotte in October, and they will also be appearing at the Starland Ballroom October 13, FYI. Who knows, maybe there will be another surprise visitor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
I agree but it's unfortunate that commercial success appears to be a main driver in the selection process. Using "dirty" words in many of his songs probably didn't help either, but his body of work is extensive and legit. They are classified as punk rock (which I love) but to me they are a rock band.

I am seeing them in Charlotte in October, and they will also be appearing at the Starland Ballroom October 13, FYI. Who knows, maybe there will be another surprise visitor.
I've been to the Starland Ballroom twice....once for Live and once for The Kings of Leon.
Great place to sit at the bar and watch a quality band up close.

Reactions: okieKnight908
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT