ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wishing Rutgers Football The Best of Luck

DJYoshi

Redshirt
Oct 19, 2007
Livingston, NJ
www.djyoshi.com
To the fans who supported me, hated on me, or were indifferent....

I want to say thank you for impacting my life. Regardless if you were in my corner for support or you were someone who claimed that I was the worst DJ on the planet, you played a role in my life. I either fed off of the positive energy or utilized the negative views as a reason to keep getting better.
Season 1 of my Time as the Official DJ of Army Football began over Labor Day Weekend.
I've been handling all aspects of in-game from coordination with band, warmups, and in game.
When fans are allowed back, I would love to have some of you come up and experience Game Day at West Point.

Until then, good luck this season.

For those who want to hate or support me virtually, check out my Live Streams
Tuesday: 8:30AM
Wednesday 5:00PM
Friday 5:00PM
Sunday's Drinking Game: 6:00PM
www.twitch.tv/realdjyoshi

Apparently I'm such a horrible DJ that in the 8 weeks I've been on Twitch, I've gained enough traction to be one of the fastest growing streamers on the platform. So thank you again those that motivated me to become a better DJ.

I will ALWAYS have love for Rutgers. It's where I went to school. It's where my wife studied. It's' where we got engaged. It's where we made history by implementing a DJ in College Football Game Day Presentation.

Good Luck when the season starts!

One of the best game day atmospheres is at West Point. Good luck Yoshi!!

giphy.gif

I want to say thank you for impacting my life. Regardless if you were in my corner for support or you were someone who claimed that I was the worst DJ on the planet, you played a role in my life. I either fed off of the positive energy or utilized the negative views as a reason to keep getting better.
Season 1 of my Time as the Official DJ of Army Football began over Labor Day Weekend.
I've been handling all aspects of in-game from coordination with band, warmups, and in game.
When fans are allowed back, I would love to have some of you come up and experience Game Day at West Point.

Apparently I'm such a horrible DJ that in the 8 weeks I've been on Twitch, I've gained enough traction to be one of the fastest growing streamers on the platform. So thank you again those that motivated me to become a better DJ.

I will ALWAYS have love for Rutgers. It's where I went to school. It's where my wife studied. It's' where we got engaged. It's where we made history by implementing a DJ in College Football Game Day Presentation.

I am very happy to see you got the Army gig. My family and I were going to travel up there to see Princeton vs. Army this season and it would have been great to see you there doing your thing ! We will at some time , when they allow fans back in , be there and enjoy your entertainment . Good luck.

A'll the best to you...enjoy.

Good luck and congrats yoshi! You weren’t my cup of tea, but I am old . You were there for the students, team and I always thought you did an awesome job at rutgers games. You helped make the gameday environment.
If I remember correctly, you also provided free devils tickets to fans on this board at one point . Good luck at army!

Good luck!

Part of the “hate on yoshi” Happened during the flood years. Think people were taking frustrations out on anything related to the program.
I thought Yoshi was a great asset to the program. Wish him the best of luck and hopefully he comes back to the banks at some point.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Good Luck DJY, ignore the haters... a response to their drivel is a victory for their little minds. Go Army.

Why focus on what you believe to be a lot of negative that came from the RU fanbase? You got a good gig at Army. Show class and be done with it.

If you can't utilize negative aspects in your life as a motivator to be better at what you do, then what else do you do with them? I don't focus on the negative my friend. I've even offered to sit and have dinner, drinks, play golf with and provided free tickets to Rutgers fans who couldn't stand me in their posts. If that's not "class" th

Reactions: chrisru99
If you can't utilize negative aspects in your life as a motivator to be better at what you do, then what else do you do with them? I don't focus on the negative my friend. I've even offered to sit and have dinner, drinks, play golf with and provided free tickets to Rutgers fans who couldn't stand me in their posts. If that's not "class" th

For the record I enjoyed your work during the Schiano years and would have loved to have seen you return. However, if you can't detect the hint of snarky in your OP then you have some growing up to do. Everything was good about your post and then you had to go and sneak the below jab in which kind of takes away from what was otherwise wonderful news on your part. It reeks of focusing on the negatives.

In my experience, haters are usually the loudest but 9 out of 10 times the smallest in terms of numbers. Personally, I wish you the best of luck at Army. Great game day atmosphere to be a part of and I hope you knock it out of the park.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Yoshi. Best of luck to you. You are a great DJ. I just don't like loud music played at games. I'm old school.

Keep choppin'

Reactions: koleszar
For the record I enjoyed your work during the Schiano years and would have loved to have seen you return. However, if you can't detect the hint of snarky in your OP then you have some growing up to do. Everything was good about your post and then you had to go and sneak the below jab in which kind of takes away from what was otherwise wonderful news on your part. It reeks of focusing on the negatives.

In my experience, haters are usually the loudest but 9 out of 10 times the smallest in terms of numbers. Personally, I wish you the best of luck at Army. Great game day atmosphere to be a part of and I hope you knock it out of the park.

Snarky isn't in me. Trust me when I say, if I don't like something I don't use the internet. I make a phone call or speak with someone in person. The piece which you may have misconstrued as snarky was meant to show the motivation that I utilized to grow as a better DJ. Nothing more. Nothing else. If I were a "hater" as mentioned, then I wouldn't donate to the program, I wouldn't donate to the school and I definitely wouldn't still be keeping in touch with the fans and colleagues from my days with the program.

Side note your 18yo Mac looks delicious

Reactions: RUonBrain
Snarky isn't in me. Trust me when I say, if I don't like something I don't use the internet. I make a phone call or speak with someone in person. The piece which you may have misconstrued as snarky was meant to show the motivation that I utilized to grow as a better DJ. Nothing more. Nothing else. If I were a "hater" as mentioned, then I wouldn't donate to the program, I wouldn't donate to the school and I definitely wouldn't still be keeping in touch with the fans and colleagues from my days with the program.

One question, who is in charge of the volume level here at Rutgers? Because the fvcking stadium now vibrates on the jumbotron side. My wife and I used to walk the stadium for years before the start of the game when you were DJ to take a nice look out at Johnson Park. Now we won't step foot on that side of the stadium. When I find out who it is I have a particular set of skills and will find him/her in person to voice my displeasure.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

You don't think you're snarky.. but you were here. You were perceived as such. C'mon now.. admit it. Thread OP makes you look snarky.. makes you look bad. Makes YOU look like the HATER.

Good luck Yoshi. Thanks for the entertainment. It made us happy during some trying times. Thanks also for the Devils game.

Reactions: goru1869
Hey DJYOSI : this same poster does nothing but accuse others even when he is shown he’s wrong...knocks past players and then makes the claim that when called out “ you are the problem”... 50k posts of BS.

Back in the early days we had the best atmosphere on the planet lots thanks to the DJ. As time went on maybe outside/player influence played a factor and the music got more trap/loud hip hop instead of pump up music for the crowd that Rutgers stadium attracts. It was due time for a change. Hope the traditionalists at West Point can enjoy the change in their gameday atmosphere

In terms of haters I’m referring to those who were critical of you. I was NOT referring to you personally. Point is, don’t take the haters to much to heart because they tend to be the minority.

Yes, the 18 is quite a drink though I think the version from 10 years ago was better. Plus it’s pushing $250 a bottle now 😬 I’ll stick to my Lagavulin 16 for now.

Be good and good luck.

Good luck in your new gig Yoshi .
Remember the wise words from Rickey Nelson's Garden Party
"ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself ."

Don't let the ones that you didn't please get you down.
Some people can't be pleased no matter what you try.
Remember the ones that liked what you were doing and consider your effort a successful one.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDutch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT