ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under on Mulkey's LSU First Sweet-16 Year

What season will Mulkey first get LSU to the Sweet-16?

• 2022-2023

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2024-2025

• 2026-2027

• not until after that

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
LSU's 2020-2021 record: 9-13
LSU's 2021-2022 record (to date): 6-1

Love her or hate her, she gets it done: I say four years.

And an Elite-8 the following year.

She’s a LaTech alum so very likely to have lots of great ties there in LA. They’ll battle SC and MSU for SEC supremacy soon.
Can’t wait to see who A&M goes after when Blair retires at the end of this season.

This year
Gotta give wngarbarini (and Mulkey) credit.

I couldn't imagine she could do it this quickly. (Coaches [sure do] matter.)

This year (21-22) to date: 24-4, 3 seed in latest Creme bracket.

LSU recent years:
20-21: 9-13
19-20: 21-10
18-19: 16-13

Last time LSU was at dance was 2018: knocked out in first round.

I did just read on the Boneyard (they actually have a season long thread discussing LSU (which I haven't ever read) on their General Women's Basketball sub-board) although this was elsewhere - that one of their better players has injured (sprain, not tear) her MCL and is out for a while. Apparently this is a painful injury, and takes a few weeks to recover from, if the poster is correct.

Depending on how that goes, it could affect things. I would have predicted Sweet 16 no problem before hearing of the injury - at which point I don't know enough about the team to evaluate.

LSU beat the Lady Vols today at Rocky Top for the first time since 2014. PS the injured player is Alexis Morris, the well traveled former Baylor-RU-Texas A&M guard.

Tennessee has a number of injuries themselves which is unfortunate as Kelly Harper has done a nice job turning things around. Will be adding a McDonald's AA from Red Bank Catholic and pretty much the entire team returning next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT