ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Assignments Now Available on SK.com

Giving away valuable assets to people who do extra credit assignments is not a sound business strategy.

Neither is accepting 30 cents on the dollar for donations. That's great that you earned 15 bonus points, but Rutgers effectively crowded out someone who donated $1400 more than you to accommodate you.

I know in my case, donating $1200 to get Black parking is essentially telling me that my donation is not valued & I would have gotten a spot two lots better if I just wasted the money on Detroit tickets & did my extra credit assignments.

I tend to agree on the bowl ticket thing. I couldn't believe it when I read it, but I sure took advantage of it. My guess is that they were trying to influence future bowl selection by showing that we would sell the tickets and the bowl wouldn't have to eat them. Whether or not that was a good idea, I don't know. I tend to think it probably wasn't.

Reactions: RUskoolie
I understand there is a fixed number of spaces. This would be the process, assuming there are 1k cars in each lot (just as an example, and we'll use scarlet and yellow, i know that's not the real order..):

1. Assign lock in value and a PP value ie $100 for 1 temporary PP.

2. See how many people in yellow lot below would reach scarlet lot PP amount with the additional 1 PP. Let's say 50 ppl eligible.

3. Call bottom 50 in scarlet lot and offer $100 to lock in. 40 people lock in, 10 do not.

4. Offer 50 ppl in yellow, starting with highest PP, $100 for 1 temporary PP to bump to scarlet. Once 10 people accept, they move up and the 10 who did not lock in scarlet move down.

This process would be a simple way to address the donors on the fringe of each lot while still respecting the PP hierarchy. And raise some extra $$$.

Yeah I get it. IDK maybe make it an option when first renewing - checking off x for additional lock in fee when necessary. Treat it like a surcharge.

Hi got some questions - would appreciate answers...
3rd year season tickets (only 8 pts), first time applying for parking pass and was assigned RAC.

Questions:
1. Is there any benefit to having RAC parking pass as opposed to just pauing game day to park there?

2. Can I cancel my parking pass in anyway? For Penn State the RAC bus was so horrible the few other games I drive to I parked over by RW and walked it (game day parking there). I think thats better option then busing from Livingston.

1. Is there any benefit to having RAC parking pass as opposed to just pauing game day to park there?

There probably isn't any real advantage to having a season RAC pass. They may park season passholders in a closer section, and you may be able to avoiding waiting in a line of cars paying cash. But I'm not sure how valuable that is.

Of course, if they raise the price of gameday parking to $25, then the season pass saves you money (even if you miss a game).

Do they have season passes for the Med school lots?
They should. I would value that higher than RAC parking.

I also wish they would add parking on the Golf Course driving range.
Come on Rutgers - get creative!

I think the duffers can give up driving range time on game days.

Reactions: JPhoboken
After clicking on every possible combination of choices in the dropdowns, I still cannot find the one that shows which lot I'm in. What is the sequence after I log into my account for parking lot assignments? TIA.

Go to "My Tickets". Click on your 2015 ticket order. Find the line item for parking and click on it (the clickable field is on the left). That will take you to what looks like a ticket confirmation - the "Section" field indicates your lot. It's a 2-letter abbreviation.

Go to "My Tickets". Click on your 2015 ticket order. Find the line item for parking and click on it (the clickable field is on the left). That will take you to what looks like a ticket confirmation - the "Section" field indicates your lot. It's a 2-letter abbreviation.
Got it--there must be a better way to be more user friendly since that was ridiculous trying to find it. Yellow, and was charged $280. Methinks they made a mistake.

Just want to let people know about the bonus points you received for donating tickets to the Quick Lane Bowl.
Those Bonus points expired on June 30th and will not carry forward.
Here is the notice I received when I donated.
Thank you for your donation of a Quick Lane Bowl game ticket(s).
Please note, THIS IS NOT A PURCHASE FOR A TICKET. This is a donation.
You will NOT receive a ticket for placing this order. Your donation of
a ticket will go towards sending a Rutgers Student or Military
Personnel to the game. You will receive one (1) bonus Priority Point
per donated ticket in addition to receiving annual athletic giving
credit for the total value of the ticket donation. Please note, bonus
points will not carry over and will reset following the priority point
deadline and end of the fiscal year on June 30, 2015.

It is also my understanding that the 5 Bonus Points will also expire. See below the info from my former ticket rep..
DDQswcKzLxVjUXS8-TUVVv7S31nF7ebzcRYqd6Z8AYjQUXFxy95bG3Md5XfQDlwzA_P2sS2ng269tWOxvDgk8rSClvToHmhzK8y05eegskOOxfI=s0-d-e1-ft

Do they have season passes for the Med school lots?
They should. I would value that higher than RAC parking.

I also wish they would add parking on the Golf Course driving range.
Come on Rutgers - get creative!

I think the duffers can give up driving range time on game days.

I think this is an intriguing idea. Its .65 miles from the driving range to the stadium as the crow flies. Its .5 miles from the middle of the purple lot. From that standpoint its a no brainer.

But, do you close the course down to let people walk through? If not, its a lot longer to walk around. I am against parking on the course, as I have seen what parking on a course does, and it will damage it greatly if its wet and you can't do it if there is snow or ice. So parking on the range or course could be problematic, but is should be explored.

Can anyone tell me if mini-plan buyers get consecutive year priority points?

Also, do mini-plan buyers have access to parking passes?

After clicking on every possible combination of choices in the dropdowns, I still cannot find the one that shows which lot I'm in. What is the sequence after I log into my account for parking lot assignments? TIA.

Go to scarletknights.com
Click on tickets
Click on account logon
Click on my account
Click on sign in
Click on my account again
Click on view my tickets
When it opens look for Football 2015
Click on parking full season
Lot is listed under section

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I think this is an intriguing idea. Its .65 miles from the driving range to the stadium as the crow flies. Its .5 miles from the middle of the purple lot. From that standpoint its a no brainer.

But, do you close the course down to let people walk through? If not, its a lot longer to walk around. I am against parking on the course, as I have seen what parking on a course does, and it will damage it greatly if its wet and you can't do it if there is snow or ice. So parking on the range or course could be problematic, but is should be explored.
How about some sort of a path?

Can anyone tell me if mini-plan buyers get consecutive year priority points?

Also, do mini-plan buyers have access to parking passes?
I'm pretty sure that the answer is no to points (as it should be, you can't treat mini plans the same as full season. As far as parking I do not beleive full season tickets bought after 4/30 can get Bush peaking so I imagine mini plans are a no as well.

Through the golf course? Look at it on google maps, not as easy as you might think. And what about day games when the course is open? Definitely some issues to work out, but I would much rather be there than at the RAC.

Go to scarletknights.com
Click on tickets
Click on account logon
Click on my account
Click on sign in
Click on my account again
Click on view my tickets
When it opens look for Football 2015
Click on parking full season
Lot is listed under section
Wow, so straightforward--not sure how I missed that.

Through the golf course? Look at it on google maps, not as easy as you might think. And what about day games when the course is open? Definitely some issues to work out, but I would much rather be there than at the RAC.
I did before I posted and you're right, if the course is open it would be tough.

So tough to inconvenience a few dozen golfers to accommodate a thousand cars and their passengers.
Not to mention the additional donations another close lot would generate.

If people are making donations they wouldn't have to cut across the golf course.

So tough to inconvenience a few dozen golfers to accommodate a thousand cars and their passengers.

There are lots of parking options but only one golf course. No compelling reason for Rutgers to shut down the golf course and have a bunch of people walking through it risking damage to the course.

Perhaps there are some others in the same situation as I am that have increased the numbers of passes used, without any increase in season tickets being sold or any major increase in donations.

My crew is 6 tickets but we have only purchased one parking pass in blue for the past 3/4 years. We always have met outside the stadium and all gone in together at the same time. Several of us have had large capacity vans that could accommodate all of us. Now as our kids have gotten older, all but one of my group have given up the vans so it is now a two vehicle minimum to get in the stadium with all our gear. So this year we opted for two passes for the first time in a few years. The only change for us is additional parking pass fee.

And they do this at another B1G program ( I think Michigan) ...but it won't be considered at Rutgers ?

There are lots of parking options but only one golf course. No compelling reason for Rutgers to shut down the golf course and have a bunch of people walking through it risking damage to the course.

How does parking on the driving range shut down the golf course?
It's basically right next to the med school parking lots.

People have talked about allowing people to walk through the golf course to get to the stadium. That would require closing the course.

And there really isn't any benefit to use that area. It's no closer than the black or silver lots. Why shut down the driving range and potentially the golf course (what happens to golf course parking) for people with very few or no priority points? You have the RAC and all that Livingston parking. Use it.

And in terms of Michigan - they park some cars on the course but in out of bounds areas and old practice areas not the actual course. A neighboring private 9-hole course is most of the "golf course" parking that people talk about. The Rutgers Golf Course has basically no space to park cars that wouldn't be on the course other than the parking lot for the course and the driving range. Oh and they have a stadium twice our size. So maybe when we need to find parking for 100,000 people we might consider it.

And they do this at another B1G program ( I think Michigan) ...but it won't be considered at Rutgers ?

Even if it was a consideration you'd have a Johnson Park type situation. Heavy rain would make it impossible to park. What do you do then with the cars?

Just want to let people know about the bonus points you received for donating tickets to the Quick Lane Bowl.
Those Bonus points expired on June 30th and will not carry forward.
Here is the notice I received when I donated.
Thank you for your donation of a Quick Lane Bowl game ticket(s).
Please note, THIS IS NOT A PURCHASE FOR A TICKET. This is a donation.
You will NOT receive a ticket for placing this order. Your donation of
a ticket will go towards sending a Rutgers Student or Military
Personnel to the game. You will receive one (1) bonus Priority Point
per donated ticket in addition to receiving annual athletic giving
credit for the total value of the ticket donation. Please note, bonus
points will not carry over and will reset following the priority point
deadline and end of the fiscal year on June 30, 2015.

It is also my understanding that the 5 Bonus Points will also expire. See below the info from my former ticket rep..
DDQswcKzLxVjUXS8-TUVVv7S31nF7ebzcRYqd6Z8AYjQUXFxy95bG3Md5XfQDlwzA_P2sS2ng269tWOxvDgk8rSClvToHmhzK8y05eegskOOxfI=s0-d-e1-ft
---------------

I think most understood the bonus points were for this renewal period.....it still was a good deal, that some might have taken advantage of to get a better parking lot this year.....it would have been too much to expect that a thirty dollar donation be a permanent priority point

How does parking on the driving range shut down the golf course?
It's basically right next to the med school parking lots.

The driving range would be an option. But it is a little further than the Tan lot, and at a 1.2 mile walk, it would be the furthest and least desirable Busch lot. This is the first year that the Tan lot has required more than 1 priority point. So, if they opened the driving range for parking, this would be the first year it would generate donations.

But before they open the driving range to season parking, they should just convert one of the game-day lots at the med school to season parking. Those paved lots are actually closer to the stadium than the driving range, since you can walk down the sidewalk between the med school buildings to Frelinghuysen Rd.

People have talked about allowing people to walk through the golf course to get to the stadium. That would require closing the course.

And there really isn't any benefit to use that area. It's no closer than the black or silver lots. Why shut down the driving range and potentially the golf course (what happens to golf course parking) for people with very few or no priority points? You have the RAC and all that Livingston parking. Use it.

And in terms of Michigan - they park some cars on the course but in out of bounds areas and old practice areas not the actual course. A neighboring private 9-hole course is most of the "golf course" parking that people talk about. The Rutgers Golf Course has basically no space to park cars that wouldn't be on the course other than the parking lot for the course and the driving range. Oh and they have a stadium twice our size. So maybe when we need to find parking for 100,000 people we might consider it.

To my eye the driving range is much closer than the black, silver and light-blue lots.
I would value the driving range parking just below Purple.
People with >0 priority points are being put into incredibly long queues to get on a bus to the RAC.
Leave the RAC for day-of game parking. Every available space on Busch should be utilized.

btw - when construction begins on the new Engineering building (next year perhaps?), the purple lot will be history.
The Blue lot also has future plans (in the physical master plan) that will greatly reduce parking there.

The driving range would be an option. But it is a little further than the Tan lot, and at a 1.2 mile walk, it would be the furthest and least desirable Busch lot. This is the first year that the Tan lot has required more than 1 priority point. So, if they opened the driving range for parking, this would be the first year it would generate donations.

But before they open the driving range to season parking, they should just convert one of the game-day lots at the med school to season parking. Those paved lots are actually closer to the stadium than the driving range, since you can walk down the sidewalk between the med school buildings to Frelinghuysen Rd.

I agree that the Med School lots should be made into assigned season parking (not day of game sales).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT