ADVERTISEMENT

Parking

Rhuarc

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Game day parking at the Prudential lot connected to the building: 25 bucks

Time to email Pat.....

What is Hobbs supposed to do about the cost of parking at the Prudential center? Can’t imagine the Rutgers AD has much, if any, influence on what the Prudential center charges.

And $25 for parking doesn’t seem all that crazy when compared to what stuff costs these days. I bought a whole filet tenderloin at Wegmans earlier today, something that would’ve cost maybe $145 a few years ago, at most. Today? $269.

I was gonna pass and go to Costco instead, but it had 69 in it, so I felt obligated to buy it.

Why, it an easy drive to Pru?
It’s two blocks from the biggest train hub in the state. Seton Hall has been playing there for like 17 or 18 years and I think I drove there once … and it was one time too many.

The whole point of it is it’s next to a train hub.

Reactions: RUPete
It’s two blocks from the biggest train hub in the state. Seton Hall has been playing there for like 17 or 18 years and I think I drove there once … and it was one time too many.

Because trains in Nj suck. For some of us it takes as long to drive or get to the NE corridor by train as is does to drive directly to Newark.

That's great if you live on a line that goes to Newark Penn. I don't and would have to switch at Secaucus. Not to mention assuming you aren't going alone, it's cheaper to drive/park then take the train in many cases.

I paid $20 a block to the south.

And the point of this thread stands, $30 to park at the RAC is insane

$25 on Wednesday for SHU as well.
$35 last night for the Devils game (in the same exact lot).

It was funny seeing they had already switched the sign to "Event Parking $35" by the end of the Rutgers game.

It was an easy drive. No traffic on the GSP, RT 78 or Broad Street. Pulled into parking deck and paid $25. After game easy out of parking to Broad street. I had 4 people in the car. NJT would have cost more than the parking.

Also- parking at the RAC is $30 because the athletic dept needs to raise funds.

25 bucks is cheaper than/similar to taking the train from Hamilton for me. There was nobody there so absolutely not traffic getting in or out or on the roads. Much different than a Devils game.

That's great if you live on a line that goes to Newark Penn. I don't and would have to switch at Secaucus. Not to mention assuming you aren't going alone, it's cheaper to drive/park then take the train in many cases.

I paid $20 a block to the south.

And the point of this thread stands, $30 to park at the RAC is insane
Yup - went on Spot Hero and got $20 for parking. I live walking distance to a train, and was considering taking it but it would have cost us $60 for the 4 of us vs. $20 to drive and park.

Reactions: Local Shill
It was an easy drive. No traffic on the GSP, RT 78 or Broad Street. Pulled into parking deck and paid $25. After game easy out of parking to Broad street. I had 4 people in the car. NJT would have cost more than the parking.

Also- parking at the RAC is $30 because the athletic dept needs to raise funds.
As long as the team is good or competitive I suppose $30 parking at RAC works, but fall into where we were a few years ago and that $30 is going to turn the casual fan off. Honestly it's just a bad number - $15-$20 is where it should be.

Reactions: dollarbill
As long as the team is good or competitive I suppose $30 parking at RAC works, but fall into where we were a few years ago and that $30 is going to turn the casual fan off. Honestly it's just a bad number - $15-$20 is where it should be.
I’m not saying I agree with $30 parking at the RAC. It’s very high and too much for a 2 hour basketball game. My opinion is the athletic dept needs to raise funds anywhere they can.

2-3 years ago season tickets were available in the first 10 rows of the 200s. Now there are no season tickets left in the building.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Game day parking at the Prudential lot connected to the building: 25 bucks

Time to email Pat.....
As you approach Prudential, turning off Rt 21, some of the side streets have metered parking and are not all used
Might be a cheaper option you could look.at as you approach the pay lots, plus no traffic out of a lot afterwards

Reactions: Rhuarc
As you approach Prudential, turning off Rt 21, some of the side streets have metered parking and are not all used
Might be a cheaper option you could look.at as you approach the pay lots, plus no traffic out of a lot afterwards
Good call. We actually tried to park in a lot a few blocks away but it wasn't open.

I won't pay it since they jacked it up. Plenty of free parking all over. More should do the same if they feel it's too high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT