ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Hobbs - Appreciation thread

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
First and foremost, I'm hoping Pat takes care of himself, and commend him for putting his health first.
He's done an overall tremendous job as our AD, and I'm hoping the "next man up" can continue the momentum.
Brief review below:

Positives:
- Hiring Schiano
- Hiring Pike
- Getting Battaglia refurbished
- Rodkin
- APC
- NIL (hiring a team to solicit big $$ corporations and small businesses)
- Rac renovations coming soon
- Engaging personality - always accessible to fans and donors

Negatives:
- Hiring Ash
- Nearly bundling Schiano's rehire
- NIL (initially, now it's much improved)
- CVS (debatable though - he likely had his hands tied)

Pat stepped into a tough situation and did an overall great job. He treated everyone (fans, media, co-workers. subordinates, etc.) with a tremendous amount of respect and dignity
Overall, I'd give him an A- or B+

Thank you, Pat, you will always be a Loyal Son!

First and foremost, I'm hoping Pat takes care of himself, and commend him for putting his health first.
He's done an overall tremendous job as our AD, and I'm hoping the "next man up" can continue the momentum.
Brief review below:

Positives:
- Hiring Schiano
- Hiring Pike
- Getting Battaglia refurbished
- Rodkin
- APC
- NIL (hiring a team to solicit big $$ corporations and small businesses)
- Rac renovations coming soon
- Engaging personality - always accessible to fans and donors

Negatives:
- Hiring Ash
- Nearly bundling Schiano's rehire
- NIL (initially, now it's much improved)
- CVS (debatable though - he likely had his hands tied)

Pat stepped into a tough situation and did an overall great job. He treated everyone (fans, media, co-workers. subordinates, etc.) with a tremendous amount of respect and dignity
Overall, I'd give him an A- or B+

Thank you, Pat, you will always be a Loyal Son!
I would like to hear the whole story on his exit before praising Hobbs.

Reactions: ashokan
Assuming the story reported in multiple news outlets, that it was a health related reason he stepped down, then thank you Pat Hoobs for an amazing job you’ve done at Rutgers. You’ve been amazing and we’re going to miss you!

Praying Pat Hobbs and family ends up with a healthy and happy retirement.

I questioned the choice of a Seton Hall guy for Rutgers AD but he did fine. I hope we find someone eminently qualified to fill his shoes and I'm sure Pat Hobbs feels the same way.

thank you Pat Hobbs for what you’ve done at Rutgers to make RU Athletics something to be proud of .

Also praying that the health related issues that caused Pat Hobbs to step down are taken care of and Pat lives a long healthy life enjoying his retirement and the time it gives him to enjoy being with his family
and friends

Pat erased years of negativity and scandals associated with Rutgers athletics. Buildings and facilities were built, men's basketball elevated after over 20 years of futility, and football is on the right track after having Ash forced on him upon his hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT