ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State

Considering that I was once asked my thoughts on Bob Mulcahey (nevermind Greg Schiano) on an interview, I think you are wrong to think it's out of bounds.

Also- what I am saying is- no one is crying over a statue to Bobby Knight or proclaiming his innocence with stickers on their car, posters in the window, etc, for something much, much more minor.

Originally posted by NotInRHouse:
Considering that I was once asked my thoughts on Bob Mulcahey (nevermind Greg Schiano) on an interview, I think you are wrong to think it's out of bounds.

Also- what I am saying is- no one is crying over a statue to Bobby Knight or proclaiming his innocence with stickers on their car, posters in the window, etc, for something much, much more minor.
Well that is unique. Ive never once had an interview that even brought up my college, aside from when the guy I was interviewing with (really an internal interview for a specific project, not a job interview) was from Rutgers.

You are in Maryland. Maybe they just think we're Ivy, and simply too fancy to ask about.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by NotInRHouse:
You are in Maryland. Maybe they just think we're Ivy, and simply too fancy to ask about.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Well I did have an employer when I was an intern give me a task and then mention that it shouldnt be too hard because I was an Ivy League kid, but he was kind of an idiot anyway.

Originally posted by camdenlawprof:
Any employer would be idiotic for holding Paterno/Sandusky, etc. against a graduate of Penn State. A person who goes there is not in any way endorsing what happened.
Re your first sentence: Are we allowed as employers to talk about the decade long coverup
of the rape of children by four of the most powerful people on that campus and find out how these prospective employees
feel about that? If I find out this applicant is representative of the cult mentality found on BWI
I want nothing to do with him/her.

A person who WENT there is not necessarily guilty of endorsing what happened.
A person who chooses to go there now?

Originally posted by motorb54:
Originally posted by camdenlawprof:
Any employer would be idiotic for holding Paterno/Sandusky, etc. against a graduate of Penn State. A person who goes there is not in any way endorsing what happened.
Re your first sentence: Are we allowed as employers to talk about the decade long coverup
of the rape of children by four of the most powerful people on that campus and find out how these prospective employees
feel about that? If I find out this applicant is representative of the cult mentality found on BWI
I want nothing to do with him/her.

A person who WENT there is not necessarily guilty of endorsing what happened.
A person who chooses to go there now?
Calm yourself. A decision to attend Penn State does not in any way endorse what Sandusky did or the failure of the administration to take effective action against him.

If you want to talk about the cover-up, fine, but be sure you have a rational basis for your decisions, not just blind hate of a school you didn't like in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT