ADVERTISEMENT

Per source on Twitter

Rukirchoff

Redshirt
Sep 10, 2014
@RayRansomOTB: Heard from a second and third source that Rutgers has offered Schiano the job. Hasn't accepted yet but one is saying "it's a done deal."

Reactions: RU22
Not gonna happen,
giphy.gif
:)

Schiano told our boys he was "tired"..... Move on all freaking ready.

Not that I think this is a big deal in the slightest but can you point me in the direction of a link or proof of this quote. I've never heard about it except your mention of it in multiple threads now.

Reactions: rutgers4life11
Not that I think this is a big deal in the slightest but can you point me in the direction of a link or proof of this quote. I've never heard about it except your mention of it in multiple threads now.

Exactly. Seems like the same guy just keeps bringing it up. Schiano's not a guy I'd associate with 'tired'...ever. I could understand him desiring the benefits of an NFL lifestyle though over the constant grind of college recruiting.

How much of a grind is it if you have a helicopter and you can assemble a top 20 class with that and a few trips to Florida?

Recruits were in awe when that red chopper would land at their school.

So far the guy who whispered in my ear halftime has been half right.."Flood out-Schiano in on Wed"

we'll see.

For what its worth, according to Luther Campbell, GS does not appear to be in the top three.

Schiano has been here, he knows the song and dance. He will not just look at the money but the facility upgrades as well. No doubt he wants a permanent indoor practice facility. He wants to know how serious Barchi and BOG are.

I think GS would be ok if he learned from his time off and the school forks over money to pay for top assistant coaches. Let him run the D and surround him with a good staff. Being in the BIG should make it a better sell than the Big East. We did ok in the Big East for the most part with the exception of WV and Uof L. But they put the funding in their programs and headed to a Power 5 before us. Not paying for a good staff gets you Flood as your line coach.

I think GS would be ok if he learned from his time off and the school forks over money to pay for top assistant coaches. Let him run the D and surround him with a good staff. Being in the BIG should make it a better sell than the Big East. We did ok in the Big East for the most part with the exception of WV and Uof L. But they put the funding in their programs and headed to a Power 5 before us. Not paying for a good staff gets you Flood as your line coach.
If I were Schiano I would not take the job unless he was promised, in writing, that he will have quality assistants throughout the life of his contract. If we want to learn from our mistakes, hiring quality assistants is critical to success no matter who the coach is.

Reactions: LC-88
Schiano told our boys he was "tired"..... Move on all freaking ready.

He was tired because the team would get back from a road game at 2 a.m. and GS would have his driver immediately take him to the hospital to see EL. He'd sleep on the way up and back and then go straight back to work. Plus, he never saw the B1G coming after Nebraska was offered.

We did ok in the Big East for the most part with the exception of WV and Uof L. But they put the funding in their programs and headed to a Power 5 before us.
Louisville went to the ACC after we were announced to the B1G. They replaced Maryland.

If I were Schiano I would not take the job unless he was promised, in writing, that he will have quality assistants throughout the life of his contract. If we want to learn from our mistakes, hiring quality assistants is critical to success no matter who the coach is.
Schiano likely doesn't have much room to bargain if he wants a P5 job. I mean, he can take his ball and go home, but he's actually going home and no somewhere else. We seem to be bidding against ourselves for Schiano.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT