ADVERTISEMENT

Pikes Has A Plan-Interview with Carino

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Sorry for calling him Pikes. Sha was taken.🙄

"Last year Pikiell promised Rutgers would push the ball and press more than in previous seasons, and both happened. It just wasn’t highly effective, mostly because the Scarlet Knights couldn’t hit layups, free throws or open 3-pointers."

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing; don't normally look for his articles. Scheduling part is interesting and he acknowledges the importance of it. But overall it's a good article. Now let's see what happens.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Interesting that Pike is trying to get a BIG game at MSG. It might not be the BIG "making" RU play a conference game there, it might be us asking to.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Looks like RU and Pike want a high profile MSG B1G home game, so please don't blame PIke or the B1G taking away a RAC game. Other than that, a very generic article.

Looks like RU and Pike want a high profile MSG B1G home game, so please don't blame PIke or the B1G taking away a RAC game. Other than that, a very generic article.
Isn't that the quote the perfect example of why anyone who disagrees with giving up a B1G home game to play it at MSG can blame Pike, when he's the one pushing for it to happen? Who else would we blame?

I'm not surprised to read that a whole lot of portal players want promised playing time or shot opportunities, and I agree we should be looking for guys that want to be part of a winning TEAM and not just about themselves.

Why do we have to give up a home game again to play at the Garden?!1
Why not the Jimmy V on DEC 11 & vs some Big East team in Late Dec?
Why was Empire Classic (Prudential Center) on Thanksgiving , mentioned before the Vegas Tournament?
Not very optimistic about the schedule from this article..
I am optimistic, however , about the possibility of getting 1 or 2 smart, tourney seasoned players from Princeton - who can shoot!

Why do we have to give up a home game again to play at the Garden?!1
Why not the Jimmy V on DEC 11 & vs some Big East team in Late Dec?
Why was Empire Classic (Prudential Center) on Thanksgiving , mentioned before the Vegas Tournament?
Not very optimistic about the schedule from this article..
I am optimistic, however , about the possibility of getting 1 or 2 smart, tourney seasoned players from Princeton - who can shoot!
🍸🍸🍸

Interesting that Pike is trying to get a BIG game at MSG. It might not be the BIG "making" RU play a conference game there, it might be us asking to.
It’s been rumored for awhile and an interesting match up.

For some of us not being able to get tickets want game at Garden.

I will neither confirm nor deny. 🤔

But that’s the rumor. We ll see.

They’re due to come to the east coast given Maryland played them out in LA this past year via the back end of a home and home.
are they even a draw they were as bad or worse than RU this year

are they even a draw they were as bad or worse than RU this year
Is that a legit question?

UCLA no matter what would be a draw here in NYC and then you have Rutgers where we have proven to fill MSG before. No doubt that game is sold out and littered with RU fans everywhere

Is that a legit question?

UCLA no matter what would be a draw here in NYC and then you have Rutgers where we have proven to fill MSG before. No doubt that game is sold out and littered with RU fans everywhere

And here I thought that all fans only go by daily Net Rankings before they decide if a game is worth attending or not.

Well this place will eat everyone alive based on massive pendulum swings. You tell someone the sky is blue and they will argue with you
Lol. Just go the Gavin portal thread and see the nut jobs there. All they do is argue / belittle etc. It’s comical. And it’s the same deranged lunatics. lol. .

The idea that we need an annual game at MSG is amusing. I guess that’s good if you live in Hoboken and Manhattan. You could give free tickets to Rutgers fans for the game and we wouldn’t fill the building. Play our home games at JMA.

• Haha
Reactions: rubigtimenow
The idea that we need an annual game at MSG is amusing. I guess that’s good if you live in Hoboken and Manhattan. You could give free tickets to Rutgers fans for the game and we wouldn’t fill the building. Play our home games at JMA.

Because Hobbs wants $ and he can get more at msg than rac..sad

Wait so we reward part time fans

Hey listen i didnt see all those fans Hobbs wants to reward down in Trenton or Newark last season

Wait so we reward part time fans

Hey listen i didnt see all those fans Hobbs wants to reward down in Trenton or Newark last season
Wouldn't it be in the best interest of Rutgers to continue building a fanbase and potential donors? Some of these people don't have access to the RAC but may still want to see the team live.
I think its a great idea as I normally go with 1-3ppl to games at the RAC yet had 25ppl with me at MSG last year.

Until all our short armed deep pocket fans start giving up their seats we may have a waitlist setup behind them with the expansion of the fanbase

Lol. Just go the Gavin portal thread and see the nut jobs there. All they do is argue / belittle etc. It’s comical. And it’s the same deranged lunatics. lol. .
I do see the nut jobs in that thread.. and you’re one of them.

Bottom line which transfers are willing to play for Rutgers knowing most shots will be taken by Bailey and Harper?The same rationale applies to Griffiths staying at Rutgers.

Those guys want to win. Dylan is a playmaker first, scorer second.

Those who were around in 1976, the Final Four year, will remember many home games were played at MSG. A lot of people wanted to see that team play and the Barn only held 2800.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT