ADVERTISEMENT

Placing Ohio State on Upset Alert!!

Isn't busting Al a board pastime? I do it in good fun. In my own eyes, if I didn't think he could take it, I wouldn't do it. Cheers to all the hopeless optimists, pragmatists, and miserable pessimists.

GO RU!
You might very well do it in that spirit, but a lot of the comments are just done in a self serving tone.

The horror! A fan predicting an upset for every game on a fan messageboard. Call the 👮‍♂️
You're falling back into clown shoes territory Al. Dial it back on the upset alerts, every week in the B1G is a little much. Be more calculating on when you think we can get one. Then instead of poking fun at you they might just start agreeing with you.

If Al kept these threads here and would just do once in a while, it would be fine. The fact that he posts them on the Main & Soundoff Boards just makes them a joke (and this fanbase look bad). I know most there already think of Al as crazy, but would be nice to actually see positive threads about Rutgers. I am a big Karma guy. Don't mess with it. As a Rutgers fan, I always expect us to always have a chance to win. Until we can win a few games the nation doesn't expect us to win, I prefer to stay low and let others notice when we do.

Reactions: newell138
Some people will never learn.
1o5fzt.gif

At first glance, Rutgers would appear to have no chance against Ohio State. Previous contests have not been competitive, with Ohio State smoking Rutgers by 22+ points every time they've met. Most Rutgers fans consider Ohio State to be the Gold Standard that Rutgers aspires to be.

But this year. is different. Ohio States defense is not performing on the same level as previous defenses, and the program has lost its aura of invincibility. My impression is that OSU is playing a lot of new kids on defense this year, and they are acclimating to this level of play, which is a huge step up from High School. Furthermore, the quarterbacks who have played thus far this year are fairly green, while Rutgers quarterback is experienced. This is where home field advantage might loom large. Finally, it looks like Rutgers defense is one of the best in the nation. These three factors provide Rutgers with a path to success.

Ohio States defense yielded 164 rushing yards to Minnesota's Mohamed Ibrahim and 161 rushing yards to Oregon's CJ Verdell. Minnesota held the ball for 38:41 and Oregon held the ball for 29:46 vs OSUs 30:14. Similarly, For Rutgers to be successful, we will need similar productivity from Isaih Pacheco, and either win Time of Possession, or have similar Time of Possession. Pacheco certainly has the potential to be productive against Ohio State. Against Michigan, he ran 20 Times for 107 yards, a 5.4 ypc Average. Rutgers Offensive Line seemed to dominate Michigan in the 2nd half, as Rutgers won Time of Possession 32:37. I'm optimistic, they'll be able to do the same to Ohio State.

To be more successful, in the redzone, Rutgers is going to have to deliver the ball to its playmakers who have size. Tight End Jovani Haskins at 6'6" 250 lbs certainly qualifies. Wide Receiver Isaiah Washington at 6'3" 210 lbs does as well.

Rutgers also has a collection of smaller receivers who are fast. Bo Melton, who is the teams leading receiver, had 7 catches for 86 yards against Ohio State last year, and is averaging 63 yards receiving this year. Aron Cruickshank, who is the teams #2 Receiver, and had 50 receiving yards against Ohio State last year, is averaging 26 receiving yards per game.

This will be the first time in Rutgers Stadium for both Ohio States Quarterbacks. We're expecting a crowd of 50K, give or take a few thousand. What this means, is that this will be the most hostile crowd that the Ohio State Quarterbacks have encountered thus far. What's special about Rutgers Stadium is that its design traps the sound, making it more difficult for opponents, much like Autzen Stadium in Oregon. Ohio State hasn't encountered a Rutgers Stadium environment like this, because prior Rutgers teams haven't been very good. With Rutgers looking at least competitive, all the Rutgers fans will represent well, making the stadium atmosphere special, and especially loud. In contrast, Rutgers brings a seasoned signal caller to the battle, Noah Vedral. Noah is the biggest reason for Rutgers significant improvement in a short amount of time. He isn't flashy, but gets the job done, and rarely makes mistakes. He is averaging 190.5 yards passing and 29.25 yards rushing per game.

Rutgers brings a #11 Defensive Ranking in terms of total yards allowed, to its game with Ohio State. It held Michigan below its seasonal averages, 112 yards rushing and 163 yards passing. Key to Rutgers defensive effort is #50 Nose Tackle Julius Turner, who is playing the best football of his career. Julius was tossed from the Michigan Game due to targeting, but should be back for Ohio State. He regular defeats larger lineman with his strength and quickness, and has spent a fair amount of time in opponents backfields. Julius is complemented by surefire NFL draft pick Olakunle Fatukasi, who is also an All American Candidate. Fatukasi led Rutgers with 8 tackles against Michigan, and for the season, he has 39 tackles. Ohio State Transfer Tre Avery is our best corner, and is also having a great season in coverage, and will likely be an NFL draft pick. Free Safety Avery Young moved back from Corner, and has improved our pass coverage. He is #2 on the team in tackles with 25. Rutgers lost one of our starting corners, Max Melton, to an off field incident, though his replacements, Kessawn Abraham and Patrice Rene, performed well against Michigan. Rutgers will try to use pressure and its home field advantage to limit Ohio States explosive offense, as best it can.

Rutgers will try to use its significant home field advantage and tough defense to limit Ohio States explosive offense, a task easier said, then done. With Ohio State, we have to pick our poison. Just like in the Michigan Game, I expect us to use an 8 man front to mitigate OSU's rushing attack. Despite allowing a ton of passing yards, 484, Oregon was able to hold Ohio States rushing attack to 128 yards rushing, while rushing for 269 yards total. If Rutgers can perform similarly, and also force some turnovers, it should be successful and victorious. This Saturday, in front of the most raucous Rutgers Stadium atmosphere in Ages, Rutgers pulls it out.

Rutgers 24
Ohio State 21
Good call, lol

Embarrassingly stupid, but hey, he's the best Rutgers fan ever, so the bleeding hearts give him a pass. Oh in other news, if someone makes the playoffs it will be under the heading of
tenor.gif

Oh well Al, guess because of the way I posted in this thread and your upset prediction, we'll both be getting this:
images

At first glance, Rutgers would appear to have no chance against Ohio State. Previous contests have not been competitive, with Ohio State smoking Rutgers by 22+ points every time they've met. Most Rutgers fans consider Ohio State to be the Gold Standard that Rutgers aspires to be.

But this year. is different. Ohio States defense is not performing on the same level as previous defenses, and the program has lost its aura of invincibility. My impression is that OSU is playing a lot of new kids on defense this year, and they are acclimating to this level of play, which is a huge step up from High School. Furthermore, the quarterbacks who have played thus far this year are fairly green, while Rutgers quarterback is experienced. This is where home field advantage might loom large. Finally, it looks like Rutgers defense is one of the best in the nation. These three factors provide Rutgers with a path to success.

Ohio States defense yielded 164 rushing yards to Minnesota's Mohamed Ibrahim and 161 rushing yards to Oregon's CJ Verdell. Minnesota held the ball for 38:41 and Oregon held the ball for 29:46 vs OSUs 30:14. Similarly, For Rutgers to be successful, we will need similar productivity from Isaih Pacheco, and either win Time of Possession, or have similar Time of Possession. Pacheco certainly has the potential to be productive against Ohio State. Against Michigan, he ran 20 Times for 107 yards, a 5.4 ypc Average. Rutgers Offensive Line seemed to dominate Michigan in the 2nd half, as Rutgers won Time of Possession 32:37. I'm optimistic, they'll be able to do the same to Ohio State.

To be more successful, in the redzone, Rutgers is going to have to deliver the ball to its playmakers who have size. Tight End Jovani Haskins at 6'6" 250 lbs certainly qualifies. Wide Receiver Isaiah Washington at 6'3" 210 lbs does as well.

Rutgers also has a collection of smaller receivers who are fast. Bo Melton, who is the teams leading receiver, had 7 catches for 86 yards against Ohio State last year, and is averaging 63 yards receiving this year. Aron Cruickshank, who is the teams #2 Receiver, and had 50 receiving yards against Ohio State last year, is averaging 26 receiving yards per game.

This will be the first time in Rutgers Stadium for both Ohio States Quarterbacks. We're expecting a crowd of 50K, give or take a few thousand. What this means, is that this will be the most hostile crowd that the Ohio State Quarterbacks have encountered thus far. What's special about Rutgers Stadium is that its design traps the sound, making it more difficult for opponents, much like Autzen Stadium in Oregon. Ohio State hasn't encountered a Rutgers Stadium environment like this, because prior Rutgers teams haven't been very good. With Rutgers looking at least competitive, all the Rutgers fans will represent well, making the stadium atmosphere special, and especially loud. In contrast, Rutgers brings a seasoned signal caller to the battle, Noah Vedral. Noah is the biggest reason for Rutgers significant improvement in a short amount of time. He isn't flashy, but gets the job done, and rarely makes mistakes. He is averaging 190.5 yards passing and 29.25 yards rushing per game.

Rutgers brings a #11 Defensive Ranking in terms of total yards allowed, to its game with Ohio State. It held Michigan below its seasonal averages, 112 yards rushing and 163 yards passing. Key to Rutgers defensive effort is #50 Nose Tackle Julius Turner, who is playing the best football of his career. Julius was tossed from the Michigan Game due to targeting, but should be back for Ohio State. He regular defeats larger lineman with his strength and quickness, and has spent a fair amount of time in opponents backfields. Julius is complemented by surefire NFL draft pick Olakunle Fatukasi, who is also an All American Candidate. Fatukasi led Rutgers with 8 tackles against Michigan, and for the season, he has 39 tackles. Ohio State Transfer Tre Avery is our best corner, and is also having a great season in coverage, and will likely be an NFL draft pick. Free Safety Avery Young moved back from Corner, and has improved our pass coverage. He is #2 on the team in tackles with 25. Rutgers lost one of our starting corners, Max Melton, to an off field incident, though his replacements, Kessawn Abraham and Patrice Rene, performed well against Michigan. Rutgers will try to use pressure and its home field advantage to limit Ohio States explosive offense, as best it can.

Rutgers will try to use its significant home field advantage and tough defense to limit Ohio States explosive offense, a task easier said, then done. With Ohio State, we have to pick our poison. Just like in the Michigan Game, I expect us to use an 8 man front to mitigate OSU's rushing attack. Despite allowing a ton of passing yards, 484, Oregon was able to hold Ohio States rushing attack to 128 yards rushing, while rushing for 269 yards total. If Rutgers can perform similarly, and also force some turnovers, it should be successful and victorious. This Saturday, in front of the most raucous Rutgers Stadium atmosphere in Ages, Rutgers pulls it out.

Rutgers 24
Ohio State 21
Al would you mind taking a week off? TIA. Lol.

You're falling back into clown shoes territory Al. Dial it back on the upset alerts, every week in the B1G is a little much. Be more calculating on when you think we can get one. Then instead of poking fun at you they might just start agreeing with you.
This is sound advice BUT you're asking a narcissist to dial it back. That's like sending him to drug rehab..

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
I asked last week, I’ll beg again this week, rutgersAl for the love of Schiano and Rutgers football PLEASE DO NOT POST AN UPSET ALERT NEXT WEEK FOR MICHIGAN STATE …. first of all Rutgers is a better program these days than MSU, yes they’re ranked and having a decent season but this is not an “upset”, they are a conference game, a peer, we should expect to win it. Not an upset by any means.

and also you “jinx” the team with these clearly. Even if not superstitious, you can’t say these threads don’t have an effect on the fan base by getting people in a tizzy instead of binding together to push the team to the win. And who knows, we know players and families read this board, maybe they read your garbage and get a big head and you really do effect the team badly in that sense. Regardless, please give us a shot and be a good Rutgers fan and DO NOT put an “upset” alert for MSU. We should expect to win

I asked last week, I’ll beg again this week, rutgersAl for the love of Schiano and Rutgers football PLEASE DO NOT POST AN UPSET ALERT NEXT WEEK FOR MICHIGAN STATE …. first of all Rutgers is a better program these days than MSU, yes they’re ranked and having a decent season but this is not an “upset”, they are a conference game, a peer, we should expect to win it. Not an upset by any means.

and also you “jinx” the team with these clearly. Even if not superstitious, you can’t say these threads don’t have an effect on the fan base by getting people in a tizzy instead of binding together to push the team to the win. And who knows, we know players and families read this board, maybe they read your garbage and get a big head and you really do effect the team badly in that sense. Regardless, please give us a shot and be a good Rutgers fan and DO NOT put an “upset” alert for MSU. We should expect to win
Agreed but you know there will be an Upset Alert on Friday because he is an attention seeking fiend off a bunch of 17-24 year olds… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Making fun of Al’s posts somehow confers coolness or righteousness from our board members…..in their own eyes.
They confer no such qualities, just highlight reality. Predicting that Rutgers was going to beat OSU was a pathetic joke. Rutgers possibly beating Illinois, maybe, but unless OSU trotted out it’s cheerleaders, it was never going to happen.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT