1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

1 & 2 are odvious
3 is debateable as is 4

Texas beat bama who beat Georgia
Could the sec get left out?
The SEC could be left out but I doubt it. FSU beat everyone on their schedule and did everything that was asked of them. But they by far had the easiest route. (I think Rutgers goes 8-4 posssibly 9-3 with their schedule) The ACC is an abomination and the LSU win lost its luster as the season went on. My opinion Texas will be the one to take it on the chin.Don’t think the big 12 will make the fight to defend their honor as they are out the door. I can see UGA or Alabama sneaking into that 4 spot.

I think

Washington
Michigan
Texas
Fsu

This seems least controversial and I think they go with it.
I think they will go Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU.

I'd go with your order though with Washington as 1 and Michigan as 2.

I saw a quote by a college football writer, “The committee should announce that they have decided to implement the 12 team playoff a year early.” They are in a no win situation and are going to get some heavy criticism no matter what they decide.

I saw a quote by a college football writer, “The committee should announce that they have decided to implement the 12 team playoff a year early.” They are in a no win situation and are going to get some heavy criticism no matter what they decide.
I know it’s already been decided, but 12 teams is too many. They really only need 8. Big difference between 9-12 and 1-4.

For instance this season it would be:
Mich
Wash
TX
Bama
FSU
UGA
Ore
OSU

Those are the teams who really deserve a shot at the title. Teams like PSU, Mizzou and Ole Miss do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antnee79
i dont see how. (and they have never) exclude an undefeated conference champion in group of 5...the SEC pressure will be high...but this should be it ...
Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

1 & 2 are odvious
3 is debateable as is 4

I would have it:

1. Washington
2. Michigan
3. Texas
4. Florida State

Emergency 8 team playoff has been trending on the internet. That's the only out of this mess. So much popcorn has been consumed....

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

1 & 2 are odvious
3 is debateable as is 4

ESPN will want an SEC and ACC Team....

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. FSU

If you are picking the best teams, then Texas replaces FSU.

There is no way you can leave Texas out and put Bama in. It really comes down to FSU and Bama. Based on record FSU is in, but based on how they are playing right now, it is Bama. Now if you are going to leave an SEC team out this would be the year because it was somewhat of a down year for the conference. Heck Auburn lost to New Mexico State convincingly and they should have beaten Bama.

Reactions: Jimpeg and Antnee79
At least one SEC team will make it.
Absolutely. Georgia hasn't lost in two years and they lost by 3 to a 1 loss Bama. No chance they are both left out.

I think

UM
UW
FSU
Bama

This is really the craziest year I can remember with so many teams having a claim for a playoff spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT