ADVERTISEMENT

Pledges Can Be Customized!

rondi

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2009
FYI: All pledges can be completely customized! You can pledge ANY amount with single or reoccurring payments made on ANY dates you want for up to five years maximum. For example, you can pledge $5,000 total payable over four years. The $1,250 per year can then be divided by 10 months (July through April) and the $125 monthly payments can be paid on the 28th from July 28th through April 28th. This way, all your annual pledge payments will be paid by April 30th so you can get your "full priority points" for Football allocations (parking, tickets, etc.).

All you have to do is call RFund Office (1-848-932-7629) to make these customized arrangements.

RU can borrow against these pledges! If you make any pledge to the RU Big Ten Build Fund, your pledge "total" will be counted towards that $10 million goal. If you are giving to RU anyway every year, why not make a multi-year, tax deductible pledge?

On a side note, in the past, I have used my AmEx points as payment for my pledges. You do get RU priority points for these payments just like any other payments but it's not officially tax deductible. Takes around 8-10+ weeks for checks to be processed so you need ample time to meet any deadline dates. Ratio (points to cash/check) isn't great but the best ratio is when you make charitable donations using points. Rutgers University Foundation is a 501C3 charitable organization. I just make sure it goes to Attn: Rutgers Athletics. I always make sure my rep knows about it in advance and exactly where I want the money applied. I follow up to confirm that the check was indeed received and applied properly. Admittedly, you have to have a substantial amount of accumulated points to make it worthwhile but maybe someone reading this wasn't aware that this could be a great option for them!

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: Scarletwoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT