ADVERTISEMENT

**PODCAST -- Omoruyi declares for NBA draft, Rutgers Wrestling recruiting**

Great listen, in portal news…looks like Harvard hwt is visiting us, seeded 6th this year n finished in Blood rounds, that would be huge… Griffith might be looking to come home.. wow.. and also possibly another b10 transfer.. if 1/3 out of this would be super nice.. also a legit PA “hammer” waiting to announce… Goodale wasn’t kidding bout making some moves yeeesh lfggg

I'm not sure if I misunderstood it, but they said another Big10 guy from Jersey? Did I hear that right? The only one's I could think of are from Northwestern or a PSU backups.

Reactions: mikemessner
I'm not sure if I misunderstood it, but they said another Big10 guy from Jersey? Did I hear that right? The only one's I could think of are from Northwestern or a PSU backups.
Yeah NJ big 10 wrestler could enter the portal. A few interesting names I can think of:

Chris Cannon (133) from Northwestern is a 2x AA who just finished his 4th year at NW (graduated?) with 2 years of eligibility left. Would be a great get especially if there are doubts about Shawver/Peterson being able to succeed at 133.

Joe Zargo (141) from Wisconsin hasn’t really done a ton but was a top recruit. Doesn’t make a ton of sense though given Olivieri is here.

Mike Misita (285) from Ohio St had a lot of success as a redshirt and backup this year. Not sure why he would transfer out with the starting role up for grabs now.

Jack Kelly (174) from Penn State hasn’t wrestled much and hasn’t had a ton of success but 174 is always a question mark with Turley’s health and I’m not sure we have a big 10 quality backup there. Two time state place winner from the Shore so Goodale is probably very familiar with him. I think this would be my guess as to who they’re referencing.

Yeah NJ big 10 wrestler could enter the portal. A few interesting names I can think of:

Chris Cannon (133) from Northwestern is a 2x AA who just finished his 4th year at NW (graduated?) with 2 years of eligibility left. Would be a great get especially if there are doubts about Shawver/Peterson being able to succeed at 133.

Joe Zargo (141) from Wisconsin hasn’t really done a ton but was a top recruit. Doesn’t make a ton of sense though given Olivieri is here.

Mike Misita (285) from Ohio St had a lot of success as a redshirt and backup this year. Not sure why he would transfer out with the starting role up for grabs now.

Jack Kelly (174) from Penn State hasn’t wrestled much and hasn’t had a ton of success but 174 is always a question mark with Turley’s health and I’m not sure we have a big 10 quality backup there. Two time state place winner from the Shore so Goodale is probably very familiar with him. I think this would be my guess as to who they’re referencing.
Yeah I thought about Zargo. Wasn't aware of tOSU guy, but Nick Feldman is a beast and that could be indicative if so. Zargo is very scrappy and has one of the best motors you'll see.

Reactions: William J. Leggett

Cannon would be an amazing addition but then what happens with Shawver.. he would be cool losing another eligibility year but being one of the best backups/depth in the country?

Zargo is super solid but wouldn’t make much sense w/ Olivieri.. maybe he could make sense for the people that want NQ lvl backups depth..

Misita would make a lot of sense given that we lost Boone and don’t really have a hwt at the moment..starting role isn’t up for grabs at Ohio state.. they have hwt Feldman in RS this year..

Jack Kelly won’t have a chance to start at PSU w/ CStar and the future guys they got coming in so it makes sense and perhaps could be a Pagano type wrestler for us.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Cannon would be an amazing addition but then what happens with Shawver.. he would be cool losing another eligibility year but being one of the best backups/depth in the country? 141

Zargo is super solid but wouldn’t make much sense w/ Olivieri.. maybe he could make sense for the people that want NQ lvl backups depth..

Misita would make a lot of sense given that we lost Boone and don’t really have a hwt at the moment..starting role isn’t up for grabs at Ohio state.. they have hwt Feldman in RS this year..

Jack Kelly won’t have a chance to start at PSU w/ CStar and the future guys they got coming in so it makes sense and perhaps could be a Pagano type wrestler for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT