ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Coach for next year?

Who would you like to see coach Rutgers next year?

• Flood

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Schiano

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Fleck

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • McDaniels

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Tressel

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • A coach not yet named

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
I think a fair option would have simply been "someone else" or "someone new." Or both, lol, depending on your take of things!

I voted for Flood because it's the logical and economical choice. Even with B10 money Coach Flood is what RU is able to afford right now. Serious (financial) issues with the medical school merger have been kept under wraps with Christie's help which is why RU did not pursue a higher profile coach two years ago. In two years many Trenton insiders will expect big big changes in Trenton as well as RU. So anything short of gross misconduct I don't see Flood going anywhere.

Schiano Fleck and Tressel are all 0%.

Well, unless the recent events are an intentional "warm-up" to get the fans acclimated to the player arrests we would have if Tressel came here.

I would actually like to see a poll, which I refuse to start along the lines of

Flood
Someone else
Depends on the record at the end of the year

That would be a fair way to determine members of the Blue Sky, Drama Queen and level headed factions of this board.

Urban Meyer or Nick Saban.
Either could definitely take RU to the next level.

I would hope that at the end of the season RU lets Flood go and initiates an orderly, well thought out search that casts a wide net and is backed up by adequate funding to hire a B1G quality coach. I doubt that the result of that kind of search would be any of the people named in the poll. That said, I also doubt such a search will occur.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT