• Neither

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • I am confused and have no clue

Votes: 104 33.0%
  • I am already gone and won’t be back to answer this

Votes: 12 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far rivals has had much more action than TOS.
Seems the only posters on TOS are the guys who got “comped” to go there.

Time will tell. Hopefully we all end up on one platform one way or the other. Having 2 sites just splits the audience.
It's likely to be like that at least until they upgrade. It's very difficult to overcome the layout/functionality issues of the site to get traffic.

I think it's possible to have two active sites but the onus is on the TOS to make a viable alternative/companion in the future and they missed a big opportunity at the outset.

I've said I'll be posting on both and organically I may end up drifting to one but if both can be active I'll post/read both. Why shouldn't I there's no limit or restriction, it's just matter of my own interest and same for everyone else.

Reactions: superfan01
OK. I know #'s can be argumentative. But it would be really way out of character for him to ask for someone to be banned. Are you sure it wasn't someone else making that request.

This is White Bus, yes I was banned. #s BS again. White Bus screen name locked. So I had this one from I think 2015 when there was a thread about "The sky is falling" and the responses as always were great and I posted under this in that thread.

I put a signature on this profile that says it' White Bus but I think it takes awhile to activate

This is the quote that got him.
"And half of those posts are you arguing with someone. Not about weather. The last two weather threads that got locked because you went on another of your rants. And you can't say Im the guy who provokes fights on here. I didn't post in either of them. But you sure did."

I was banned within 5 mins of that.

Welcome back WhiteBus. Nice to see you up to your old tricks. Like only telling half of the story and out of context (the posts above from this thread). I included the actual posts from our argument in the 3/12 storm thread linked below. You were badgering @Machiavelli23 and I called you out for it.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...3-likely-light-to-moderate-snow.141546/page-4

I simply asked if you wanted to get yourself banned again, knowing your trolling behavior was likely to make that happen again. You inferred, incorrectly, as you've done several times, that I had a role in getting you banned from the site and/or weather threads.

As I said in the bottom post below, I'd never ban anyone, including you. Short of criminal activity, of course - I wouldn't ban you for simply being an angry moron, who's incapable of making a coherent argument. I'm very libertarian that way and as @KingHigh could tell you from 10+ years ago, when he was installed as the moderator on the CE board, I tried to convince him and John to not have that board moderated, as I liked the completely freewheeling open nature of the site at that time. If you want to know why you've been repeatedly banned, I suggest you ask the mods.

So, WB makes a completely unnecessary and flaming post, but says Machiavelli sought him out. Delusional. And then every post after that WB attacks and badgers Machiavelli, who is simply trying to explain why he reads these threads.

WB - what is wrong with you? Seriously, wtf is wrong with you? Are you completely unable to post civilly? I get that you don't like my weather threads and have often badgered me, but why badger someone who simply answered your question? And why would you ever post in threads you think are worthless to begin with? Do you want to get banned from these threads again? If this isn't the definition of trolling and baiting I don't know what is.

So you admit you do want people banned. Interesting. And you of all people you should be the last person on here giving advice about acting civilly. But thanks for your advice. I see you are cranky as this thread was not needed as we are not going to have a nor'easter for our area.

No, I don't want you banned - why would I? I just asked if you wanted to get banned, since you're exhibiting behavior that has gotten you banned in the past. I would never ban anyone, as I've said, especially since "debating" you is like shooting fish in a barrel. I only get cranky when provoked and your whole MO is to provoke. I will respond, though.

Welcome back WhiteBus. Nice to see you up to your old tricks. Like only telling half of the story and out of context (the posts above from this thread). I included the actual posts from our argument in the 3/12 storm thread linked below. You were badgering @Machiavelli23 and I called you out for it.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...3-likely-light-to-moderate-snow.141546/page-4

I simply asked if you wanted to get yourself banned again, knowing your trolling behavior was likely to make that happen again. You inferred, incorrectly, as you've done several times, that I had a role in getting you banned from the site and/or weather threads.

As I said in the bottom post below, I'd never ban anyone, including you. Short of criminal activity, of course - I wouldn't ban you for simply being an angry moron, who's incapable of making a coherent argument. I'm very libertarian that way and as @KingHigh could tell you from 10+ years ago, when he was installed as the moderator on the CE board, I tried to convince him and John to not have that board moderated, as I liked the completely freewheeling open nature of the site at that time. If you want to know why you've been repeatedly banned, I suggest you ask the mods.

I am sorry could you please take this somewhere else? Create your own thread, the fact you are back and have posted this on an unprovoked basis is very disappointing.

I will be posting on 24-7, as John O and I go WAY back, to the old days, and I have always worked with him.
As I've said elsewhere, I feel a ton of loyalty to John O. for his role in creating this board and community 20+ years ago and nurturing it into what it has become, so I'll be mostly posting on 24/7. Loyalty is huge to me - been married 26 years, been working for the same company for almost 30 years, and was going to the same hairdresser for 33 years until she got married and moved to England.

In addition to loyalty, I simply don't have that much free time, so I'd rather not be posting in two places regularly. Doesn't mean I'll never post here, but probably much less than in the past. So yeah, I moved and while I'm not planning to get into it with some of the posters here, I think a few of the barbs tossed my way for moving (mostly in the weather thread, but also later in this thread - I did get into that, but that was a separate issue with WB) were a bit unfair.

I'm not particularly happy about the split, but I understand why they wanted to move to 24/7 and I respect that. And yes, the 24/7 board is a bit clunky, but I don't think it's as bad as some folks make it out to be, plus it should be upgraded soon. But as many have said, one of the key attractions for so many of us over the yeas has been the community and camaraderie that's been established (even if we bicker and fight sometimes) and I've been assuming most posters would move to 24/7 - if that doesn't end up being the case, I'll likely have to reconsider, as the collection of posters of all kinds is what has made this a special place for so long.

As I've said elsewhere, I feel a ton of loyalty to John O. for his role in creating this board and community 20+ years ago and nurturing it into what it has become, so I'll be mostly posting on 24/7. Loyalty is huge to me - been married 26 years, been working for the same company for almost 30 years, and was going to the same hairdresser for 33 years until she got married and moved to England.

In addition to loyalty, I simply don't have that much free time, so I'd rather not be posting in two places regularly. Doesn't mean I'll never post here, but probably much less than in the past. So yeah, I moved and while I'm not planning to get into it with some of the posters here, I think a few of the barbs tossed my way for moving (mostly in the weather thread, but also later in this thread - I did get into that, but that was a separate issue with WB) were a bit unfair.

I'm not particularly happy about the split, but I understand why they wanted to move to 24/7 and I respect that. And yes, the 24/7 board is a bit clunky, but I don't think it's as bad as some folks make it out to be, plus it should be upgraded soon. But as many have said, one of the key attractions for so many of us over the yeas has been the community and camaraderie that's been established (even if we bicker and fight sometimes) and I've been assuming most posters would move to 24/7 - if that doesn't end up being the case, I'll likely have to reconsider, as the collection of posters of all kinds is what has made this a special place for so long.

You'll be missed.

Reactions: RU848789

It’s time to move on, it’s a football board, everyone is moving forward reading the content they want posting where they want. No on really cares who has an allegiance whom. Let it go. No need for all the drama. Post read where you want.

Last edited:
It’s time to move on, it’s a football board, everyone is moving forward reading the content they want posting where they want. No on really cares who has an allegiance whom. Let it go. No need for all the drama. Post read where you want.
Seriously? You started a thread/poll asking which board people will use and I answered it and you're giving me grief for it? Like you said, I'll post what/where I want, including here.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Seriously? You started a thread/poll asking which board people will use and I answered it and you're giving me grief for it? Like you said, I'll post what/where I want, including here.

No, actually you responded by going at WhiteBus, who I personally I could care less about. But that is not saying you are are aren’t here yeh? Which was the point of the thread.

The Poll was first weekend to see up front, but.....and you have been back a lot to tell us you are gone. I guess if you are here a week later explaining why you aren’t here, then in reality......you are here. Yeh? You spend a lot of time saying you aren’t here. So what did you answer in the poll, I am already gone and won’t be back to answer this?

So thank you for coming back multiple times to say you aren’t here any more, greatly appreciated and thank you for participating.

I assume that since he has told us multiple times he is gone he probably won’t see this.....because he is in fact gone.

And yes I did start the poll.

I am sorry could you please take this somewhere else? Create your own thread, the fact you are back and have posted this on an unprovoked basis is very disappointing.

When did you become board moderator? Or are you Miss Manners?

Follow your own advice.

@RU848789 is well within his board rights here. I've busted his balls in good humor on number of occasions in weather and other threads, and he never had a problem.

It's quite galling to see some of the allegiances starting here--folks lining up and supporting a few of the biggest board a-holes who have crawled out of the banned woodwork, while throwing @RU848789 under the Bus, which is probably White. @RU848789 took a ton of shit from people over the years, in particular @bac2therac , but both of these guys handled it like real men, and went back and forth at each other. Nobody ran to the moderators there, as far as can be seen. The weather debates between bac and #'s was great entertainment.

A bunch of adults behaving like grade school bullies. Some of you guys should be proud of yourselves.

You find out a lot about some people when the shit hits the fan, and this thread speaks volumes about them.

Let it go. No need for all the drama? Right?

No, actually you responded by going at WhiteBus, who I personally I could care less about. But that is not saying you are are aren’t here yeh? Which was the point of the thread.

The Poll was first weekend to see up front, but.....and you have been back a lot to tell us you are gone. I guess if you are here a week later explaining why you aren’t here, then in reality......you are here. Yeh? You spend a lot of time saying you aren’t here. So what did you answer in the poll, I am already gone and won’t be back to answer this?

So thank you for coming back multiple times to say you aren’t here any more, greatly appreciated and thank you for participating.

I assume that since he has told us multiple times he is gone he probably won’t see this.....because he is in fact gone.

And yes I did start the poll.
You begrudge me responding to Bus's completely unfounded attacks? I also never said I wasn't going to post on this board, just said it would likely be a lot less, which it has been (and was why it took me a week to respond to this thread).

And I'm pretty sure posting 13 times in the last week since the split (with 2 of them about my frequency of posting here) vs. 15-20 times a day (more when there's an active snow threat) before the split doesn't constitute "a lot." Maybe focus more on content than unimportant things...

When did you become board moderator? Or are you Miss Manners?

Follow your own advice.

@RU848789 is well within his board rights here. I've busted his balls in good humor on number of occasions in weather and other threads, and he never had a problem.

It's quite galling to see some of the allegiances starting here--folks lining up and supporting a few of the biggest board a-holes who have crawled out of the banned woodwork, while throwing @RU848789 under the Bus, which is probably White. @RU848789 took a ton of shit from people over the years, in particular @bac2therac , but both of these guys handled it like real men, and went back and forth at each other. Nobody ran to the moderators there, as far as can be seen. The weather debates between bac and #'s was great entertainment.

A bunch of adults behaving like grade school bullies. Some of you guys should be proud of yourselves.

You find out a lot about some people when the shit hits the fan, and this thread speaks volumes about them.

Let it go. No need for all the drama? Right?

Great post - wish I could like it twice, lol.

Great post - wish I could like it twice, lol.
I don't know you off this board. We have never met. We almost met at a Melody Reunion, but I left early to tend to my saggy diaper. I don't like your snow wish casts, and it is fun to bust your chops. Sometimes you miss my sarcasm. Often times, you respond with a barrage of words. But it is all good. Looking forward to meeting you and @mildone some time soon. And to keeping your snow measurements honest in the weather thread on TOS--my business partner lives in Metuchen, and I have him a ruler where the 6 inches have been scaled. Don't let the bastards wear you down.

Reactions: bac2therac
So the bottom line is every thread here should degrade to the standard personal attacks and fights, I step in and say it’s annoying. You step in and essentially do the same about my response and you are brilliant.

I get it.

Yeh sure, continue the childish commentary and fighting. Makes sense, I will step back let’s see who keeps acting childish.

Reactions: WhiteBus
The funniest thing is I was 100% correct about everything I posted ... I just posted it a year before it was the board-approved opinion.

I have no idea what bac's current opinion on Hermann is because at one point he was the most adamant person on the Board against her hire, and then three weeks later he was her biggest supporter.
He backed her while she was in RU athletics, but she is gone and he is no longer her athletic supporter.

Oh, so you're the reason the CE board is filled with personal insults, and is quite unendurable to read? I suggest you not have that "achievement" listed on your tombstone.

Oh, so you're the reason the CE board is filled with personal insults, and is quite unendurable to read? I suggest you not have that "achievement" listed on your tombstone.
Uhhh, you do realize they ignored my input and the board is moderated, don't you? The "achievement" for that cesspool is not mine.

With all respect to KingHigh, he is practically invisible on CE as a moderator. Just read almost any thread. It sounded from your post that your "leave it alone" attitude might be a reason why moderation is so, uh, moderate on that board.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I felt KingHigh's approach to moderating the CE board was perfect (at least it used to be several years ago when I frequented Rutgers Rivals) ... the use of slurs was prohibited and punished, while the expression of unpopular or political correct opinions was not.

With all respect to KingHigh, he is practically invisible on CE as a moderator. Just read almost any thread. It sounded from your post that your "leave it alone" attitude might be a reason why moderation is so, uh, moderate on that board.
Ha. His "leave it alone" means he begs people to be banned. He keeps saying this and that person he didn't want to be banned and yet 100% of them were. He keeps saying everyone was else was the problem. But we just had a weather thread on here with zero problems without him. Hmm. Me think he protests to much about his innocence.

Oh my gosh!!!
Please go to the other site where ya wanna be and leave already shheeeeesh!

This site has been a dream all week until those who think their word carries more weight than us peons arrived back here to take over threads like they normally did.

Ha. His "leave it alone" means he begs people to be banned. He keeps saying this and that person he didn't want to be banned and yet 100% of them were. He keeps saying everyone was else was the problem. But we just had a weather thread on here with zero problems without him. Hmm. Me think he protests to much about his innocence.
Wow, you won't even believe mods. Not surprising, though, as delusional people are generally incapable of critical thinking and lack basic self awareness. Not to mention your ongoing losing battle with writing coherently - what a mess of a post. And yeah, a snow threat that fizzles is a hit - most people don't like snow, especially in spring, so no surprise that that thread was congenial - as was the one on the other board (if a bit shorter).

Last edited:
I feel like inserting the Leonardo DiCaprio .gif but since it has a curse word in it I will refrain.

I'm sure you all know which one I mean.

Ah yes, I remember that thread. All I wanted to do was get some weather news and give props to those that post the useful weather info and instead I get ragged on. Thanks RU#s for the back up

Education and facilities are important to me. Im also monitoring depth charts to see where I can have the most chance to contribute. I'd like to post close to home on my phone. But there's something about a huge crowd watching you post.

I guess it all comes down to which board shows me the most love on my unofficial visit Saturday.

Reactions: RUhasarrived
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT