ADVERTISEMENT

Portal

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Looks like we are close to wrapping up for the portal season. We are on one more player who should be deciding soon.

Not sure who has been announced and who hasn't, but we have 7 currently in the fold, though one is still taking visits so we shall see.

Lot less than last year. The staff likes what we have in the program.

With a few exceptions, seems like that was the way for a lot of teams. Really targeted gets, like us with FO and middies, and not many home run hits for most teams. Think the teams that took a lot were desperate to make something happen, UNC, or had to stock up due to a lot of losses, such as Maryland and Michigan.

I think Dowd puts Maryland over the top. Kid is a player.

Duke will waste whatever they get. I've never seen a program do so little with so much. Love Dino, he's a Rutgers guy, but some of his coaching decisions are head scratching.

Reactions: Wagram97
I think Dowd puts Maryland over the top. Kid is a player.

Duke will waste whatever they get. I've never seen a program do so little with so much. Love Dino, he's a Rutgers guy, but some of his coaching decisions are head scratching.

Fair point on Duke. I'd say if anyone put one of these teams over the top it would be Gianforcaro with UNC.

With a few exceptions, seems like that was the way for a lot of teams. Really targeted gets, like us with FO and middies, and not many home run hits for most teams. Think the teams that took a lot were desperate to make something happen, UNC, or had to stock up due to a lot of losses, such as Maryland and Michigan.
You don’t think we had a lot of losses?

You don’t think we had a lot of losses?
Compared to recent past years, not really, especially given what is coming back. After the '22 season, we lost our all everything goalie Kirst, Bartolo, Jacoby, Gallagher, Kamish, Daninger, Jean-Felix and a whole lot of other talent on D. After '23, we lost again our starting goalie, Cameron, Sprock, Dugenio, Civetti, Rall, Russo, Apgar and probably most of the senior D, plus a ton of middies. Yes, we've now lost Ross and Knobloch, but we have a lot of talent still coming back, especially at one of the key positions in goalie and on defense, then in recent years.

But if you look at what JHU, Maryland, and Michigan lost, no wonder they went heavy in the portal. I'd say they're similar to us after '22 or '23.

The staff is high on thr youmg guys we have coming back and in. We are are in play for one more difference maker. He was on campus a couple of days ago and is at ND now. We should know soon if we land him.

Will more than make up for the Aimone loss

Read on another site that Austin Winship committed to D2 Rockhurst. As he saw little playing time in '24 perhaps he saw a larger future role there.

He was always destined to be a scout team player. They are valuable, but you can't fault a kid for wanting to play.

The staff is high on thr youmg guys we have coming back and in. We are are in play for one more difference maker. He was on campus a couple of days ago and is at ND now. We should know soon if we land him.

Will more than make up for the Aimone loss
you didn't and he wouldn't have anyway

Compared to recent past years, not really, especially given what is coming back. After the '22 season, we lost our all everything goalie Kirst, Bartolo, Jacoby, Gallagher, Kamish, Daninger, Jean-Felix and a whole lot of other talent on D. After '23, we lost again our starting goalie, Cameron, Sprock, Dugenio, Civetti, Rall, Russo, Apgar and probably most of the senior D, plus a ton of middies. Yes, we've now lost Ross and Knobloch, but we have a lot of talent still coming back, especially at one of the key positions in goalie and on defense, then in recent years.

But if you look at what JHU, Maryland, and Michigan lost, no wonder they went heavy in the portal. I'd say they're similar to us after '22 or '23.
what are you talking about, rutgers took twice as many transfers as jhu this year, also more than michigan and about the same as maryland, just of a lesser quality

Look who it is lol! I told you he'd never leave this board even after saying he would.

You're a fan, bitch!

We haven't taken twice as many xfers as Hopkins either. More lies. Got way better xfers than Sarahcuse. Guess their budget getting cut isn't great for their program.

We haven't taken twice as many xfers as Hopkins either. More lies. Got way better xfers than Sarahcuse. Guess their budget getting cut isn't great for their program.
i had to come back to see if kamish's dad was shitting all over his son's teammates again

you just said rutgers has 7 transfers and another maybe, which would be 8. jhu has taken 4. whatever the final number is, the implication i responded to was incorrect that those teams were going heavier in the portal than rutgers this year. brecht cant help himself, he's addicted. just like you are to coping. 2-8 last two years in conference and now you lose knobloch. it gets worse!

Yet here you are bitch. Loser. But still a fan.

Go back to the Sarahcuse board with your knee pad posts. So embarrassing

Btw, this clown has zero inside information. The player in question isn't even at ND yet. I was mistaken in saying so. There has been no decision as of now. Fun to see him out himself as blowhard though.

Mods should ban this pussy just for fun so to see him cry on the Sarah board about it.

what are you talking about, rutgers took twice as many transfers as jhu this year, also more than michigan and about the same as maryland, just of a lesser quality

Twice as many as Hopkins? I don't think so. Less than Duke and less than Maryland

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT