ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Possible opponents RHoops could add to schedule this week

Notre Dame, Saint Louis, NC State, Boston College, or Pitt would all be good. Butler is in a Covid pause I think.

It’s getting late to add anyone to the schedule. If it doesn’t happen by end of day tomorrow, I doubt we see any games until Syracuse.

Reactions: ILikePike
Given that Covid is running rampant right now, the only game I would consider is hosting a game at the RAC against a local team within a 90 minute bus ride to the RAC.

Reactions: jersey07080
It’s getting late to add anyone to the schedule. If it doesn’t happen by end of day tomorrow, I doubt we see any games until Syracuse.

Starting to feel like we're just gonna chill until Syracuse. Ugh.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Typical. Feel like we always struggle with scheduling, while other teams Ie Nova, SHU, etc. just add games easily

We can't get a Monmouth type team right here in state? At this point, who gives a $hit about RPI, just keep playing to get the mix of players.

I wouldn’t play Pitt. I live in Pittsburgh and while this area dodged the onslaught of COVID during the first 8 months we are now getting hit hard out here. I wouldn’t risk traveling to western pa. Stay at the RAC. We do need more burn for the young guys though.

I wouldn’t play Pitt. I live in Pittsburgh and while this area dodged the onslaught of COVID during the first 8 months we are now getting hit hard out here. I wouldn’t risk traveling to western pa. Stay at the RAC. We do need more burn for the young guys though.
We played @Pitt last year so the idea would be them coming to the RAC but I think they picked up a game already

I agree, with today already being 12/2 maybe we won't add a game for 12/4. That is only 2 days away. If we do I would think we must hear by today. At this time we do have a 9 day window from Jan 15 to Jan 24 to add an OOC game unless we have to re-schedule a game bacause of a cancellation. I know we were allowed 7 OOC games so it would be a shame if we don't get close to the seven.

Given that Covid is running rampant right now, the only game I would consider is hosting a game at the RAC against a local team within a 90 minute bus ride to the RAC.

dont really understand this thinking (and no it’s not only by you).

Is a local team “less likely” to have or transmit covid?

what if the team is 91 minute bus ride away?

I don’t get it either. Some of the heaviest exposed places in country are within a 90 minute bus ride to campus.
head scratcher from Lou here.

I dont want a terrible opponent but even that would have value with 4 freshman on the roster who could use the extra minutes for development in a year with no scrimmages etc. If we played a real stinker I would hope to see a ton of minutes for Mag Palmquist and Reiber which could be a big help

I get the issues with Covid etc but why such difficulty in getting an opponent etc? As per the post above Maryland just scheduled St Peter’s - who is a decent team

We're going to lose to Syracuse and this is going to be a part of the reason why.

Reactions: Rutgers56
We're going to lose to Syracuse and this is going to be a part of the reason why.
I agree. We have three additional games to schedule. I am sure we could have gotten a team to play this week. Is Pike strictly looking for cupcakes?

I think you underestimate the logistics of arranging longer distance travel while under strict COVID protocols. A short bus ride eliminates the need to stay at a hotel and have to arrange for multiple meals. Travel means contact with people and that is what they are trying to avoid.

I don’t get it. Disappointing. Unless Pike thinks they need a lot more practice time or there’s more to the inability to schedule a game than what we know.

I hope this doesn’t bite us in the ass if things come down to nitty gritty to OOC scheduling when it’s tournament selection time.

Reactions: bac2therac
Absolutely infuriating that Indiana got wins over Providence and Stanford and still has Florida State and Butler scheduled while Rutgers is just ****ing punting and not even scheduling THREE non-conference games.
How does St Peter’s go to Md Friday when they date would have fit perfectly for us

Have to start wondering why Pike is so hesitant to go out and get a game against a quality opponent. Is it as simple as the loss of Geo, or is it something deeper? Confusing to say the least

If it's that then we should still schedule a cupcake to get guys more reps.

Reactions: RUby RED and Scangg
Have to start wondering why Pike is so hesitant to go out and get a game against a quality opponent. Is it as simple as the loss of Geo, or is it something deeper? Confusing to say the least
I realize we schedule baylor prior to the season but outside of that game if we look at the 5 year history of pike, he doesnt exactly seem to like playing good competition out of conference unless he forced to. He is forced to play games like B1G/ACC, SHU, Gavitt

I realize we schedule baylor prior to the season but outside of that game if we look at the 5 year history of pike, he doesnt exactly seem to like playing good competition out of conference unless he forced to. He is forced to play games like B1G/ACC, SHU, Gavitt
I mean to be fair there was a game scheduled vs Oregon that was cancelled. However not scheduling a game this week is asinine. Geo or no Geo, go play a game somewhere. We lost to Pitt last year and still would have had a bid. Play somebody at least

Reactions: kcg88
I still think its too early to judge Pike scheduling since he took over a #dumpsterfire of a program playing in the best conference in the country. It only made sense to schedule easy OOC games to pile up some wins.

We finally have our best team this year and we were going to have our toughest OOC schedule yet and I believe we tried to add nova and Oregon at some point. The B1G/ACC SHU and Gavitt games add strong OOC games. If we played zero of those he would likely replace those games with some P5 type program opponents. Every team needs a few tune up type games though. Let's see how Pike schedules going forward to see if he has a more challenging schedule with a better team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT