ADVERTISEMENT

Post 25,000: "Putting my name on my jersey"

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
Been trying to think of something special to say but figured I'd DO something special (IMHO). I'm tired of seeing the nastiness that exists in today's social media world where people hide behind internet names to attack others, make outrages comments, or express opinions they otherwise wouldn't if they were representing their real selves. AND I am NOT suggesting this site is dominated by such or I wouldn't have been here for now some 30 years or so. That being said I have decided that for my 25,001st post (since this site reset in Aug 2001) I will be using my real name and standing behind and owning everything I say here. Right or wrong.

Thanks to @mikebal9 for being my inspiration. Other than Richie and Chris he's the only other poster I know who is doing this. (yeah, we all know who @zappaa is lol). My apologies to anyone I may have missed. Edit to add GregG, NJ Hawk as he as noted below.

I'll have @Richard Schnyderite change my handle (he's graciously agreed to maintain my post count) so now you know "I am who I am" (to quote Popeye lol) and you know who you're calling out when you do (sometimes) and the person behind the comments I make.

Now: DennisHajekRC84

Last edited:
Been trying to think of something special to say but figured I'd DO something special (IMHO). I'm tired of seeing the nastiness that exists in today's social media world where people hide behind internet names to attack others, make outrages comments, or express opinions they otherwise wouldn't if they were representing their real selves. AND I am NOT suggesting this site is dominated by such or I wouldn't have been here for now some 30 years or so. That being said I have decided that for my 25,001st post (since this site reset in Aug 2001) I will be using my real name and standing behind and owning everything I say here. Right or wrong.

Thanks to @mikebal9 for being my inspiration. Other than Richie and Chris he's the only other poster I know who is doing this. (yeah, we all know who @zappaa is lol). My apologies to anyone I may have missed.

I'll have @Richard Schnyderite change my handle (he's graciously agreed to maintain my post count) so now you know "I am who I am" (to quote Popeye lol) and you know who you're calling out when you do (sometimes) and the person behind the comments I make.

Dennis from Rutgers College… lived on College Ave? Is that you 41 years later? Well I’ll be damned… I remember that time Sophomore year when the waitress at Patty’s gave back extra change and you kept it!!! 😱

Sorry, just kidding. You’re gonna have to be ready for the crazies now 🤪 they’re out there.

PS - hats off to you

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Dennis from Rutgers College… lived on College Ave? Is that you 41 years later? Well I’ll be damned… I remember that time Sophomore year when the waitress at Patty’s gave back extra change and you kept it!!! 😱

Sorry, just kidding. You’re gonna have to be ready for the crazies now 🤪 they’re out there.

PS - hats off to you
Stone St. That was the then Bull Pen. 🤔

Thanks to @mikebal9 for being my inspiration. Other than Richie and Chris he's the only other poster I know who is doing this. (yeah, we all know who @zappaa is lol). My apologies to anyone I may have missed.

How could you forget kyk? He'll hop on Skype right now to debate you about the topic of your choice!

Kyks name has been posted before for sure. My name was recently posted. Hawk sponsors ask the experts with his real name to name a few

How could you forget kyk? He'll hop on Skype right now to debate you about the topic of your choice!
sorry. After the NA fiasco he defended at MSG I'm now filtering him. Not ignore. Just filtering. (I don't give a damn what the O's or Ranger fans do)

Last edited:
Reactions: fluoxetine
Kyks name has been posted before for sure. My name was recently posted. Hawk sponsors ask the experts with his real name to name a few
True. You've even had your picture on BTN. But I'm not running a puzzle.
(and sorry..waiting for RS to change the handle)

Can you have your handle be something like 1984 - DennisHajek" so we all know it's still "you?"

Reactions: Scangg

Wasn't trying to inspire anyone. It's just a generic screen name that's I've always used. But, I'll take the praise.
Plus, I have nothing to hide. I'm 44, not trying to fight anyone because I'm too old and frail, and try to stay positive. Very few hot takes here to get anyone riled up. Unless they talk about my Eagles, that is. Go Birds!

Wasn't trying to inspire anyone. It's just a generic screen name that's I've always used. But, I'll take the praise.
Plus, I have nothing to hide. I'm 44, not trying to fight anyone because I'm too old and frail, and try to stay positive. Very few hot takes here to get anyone riled up. Unless they talk about my Eagles, that is. Go Birds!
Eagles suck. Go Chiefs.

See, now we have to fight. I wish I knew your real name so I could look you up to see just how far away I should run.
You need a MIT degree to figure out my handle. I do my best to have zero presence online. I didn’t even take my company photo to avoid my mug on the directory.

jtung230
J - John, Johnathan or Joe
Tung- Tungsten also know as Wolfram which we all know can decay in to Hafnium
Either:
Joe Hafford who weighs 230 lbs, wet the bed until age 11, allergic to phosphorous, Cook grad went broke in ostrich farming, car inspection expired, believes Oswald was a lone gunman shooting in self defense. Bats: R Throws: R
-or-
Jonathan Wolf who grew up in 230 Mockingbird Lane, Cherry Hill, NJ whose parents call themselves his "biological parents," arrested in 1989 for trying to glide through a parkway toll under the payment of the car in front him, generally disliked by neighbors, dogs, babies. Lived in Europe for 3 months and brings it up in every conversation.

Next case.

Last edited:
jtung230
J - John, Johnathan or Joe
Tung- Tungsten also know as Wolfram which we all know can decay in to Hafnium
Either:
Joe Hafford who weighs 230 lbs, wet the bed until age 11, allergic to phosphorous, Cook grad went broke in ostrich farming, car inspection expired, believes Oswald was a lone gunman shooting in self defense. Bats: R Throws: R
-or-
Jonathan Wolf who grew up in 230 Mockingbird Lane, Cherry Hill, NJ whose parents call themselves his "biological parents," arrested in 1989 for trying to glide through a parkway toll under the payment of the car in front him, generally disliked by neighbors, dogs, babies. Lived in Europe for 3 months and brings it up in every conversation.

Next case.
Do you work at the NSA?

@RutgersRaRa coming to this thread…

newman-excellent.gif

Well done! I'm actually thinkin of officially changing my birth name to "AreYouNUTS!"

(I kid, I kid...)

Actually, dammit, I missed my 100,000th post!!! WTF??!!!
Some quick math, you average about 13 posts per day over the 257 months you have been active. That’s something.

Some quick math, you average about 13 posts per day over the 257 months you have been active. That’s something.
The 2.5 years my gf/fiancé was sick I probably put up 30K posts. I also tend to be able to get my point across in very few words as opposed to some of the (said with love) psycho-ranters around here lol!

Been here since Day 1 as so many others have!

Last edited:
The 2.5 years my gf/fiancé was sick I probably put up 30K posts. I also tend to be able to get my point across in very few words as opposed to some of the (said with love) psycho-ranters around here lol!

Day 1 here too…Believe me, it makes me feel better about the time I spend on here!

• Wow
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Some in the thread (and many others on here) already know my name and some more about me.

But until I retire I’ll keep it that way it it for now.

Reactions: RU848789

Yep, quite a few of us have been here since Day 1 and some of us got to know each other in real life at those first couple of years of Rutgersfan tailgates in the late 90s, since so many of us often went to games alone and didn't tailgate since we sucked so badly! We at least found some similarly warped RU diehard souls to hang out with.

And then the hope that sprung up with the Schiano hire was palpable and within a few years we were competitive and finally bowling and those tailgates ended, since presumably we all found friends to go to the tailgates and games with us (I went from 2 tix through the 90s to 4 in 2002 to 6 in 2005 to 12-14 from 2007 until now).

In addition, many of us (including you and me) got to know each other through the bowl games and the AreYouNUTS parties, which were so much fun. And since this is the hoops board, some of us got to know fellow posters IRL via the old "board meetings" at halftime during the Waters years mainly.

So, like NUTS and @e5fdny there are quite a few folks around here who know who I actually am. I've debated doing what 1984 just did, especially since retiring a couple of years ago, but haven't pulled the trigger - mostly laziness, I guess. Although I'm not quite sure knowing who everyone is would keep the extreme few from being a bit nasty and hateful, since I still see a fair amount of that on Facebook, where everybody knows your name (to quote Cheers).

To moderate or not to moderate here or other social media platforms has always been a tough call, given how precious free speech is. I've always come down pretty far on the free speech side (which is why I declined an "offer" to be a mod here a few times over the years), but I do understand why companies/businesses (like this one or FB) do go the moderation route, as they're ultimately trying to grow a business, which supersedes free speech on a platform they provide.

Yep, quite a few of us have been here since Day 1 and some of us got to know each other in real life at those first couple of years of Rutgersfan tailgates in the late 90s, since so many of us often went to games alone and didn't tailgate since we sucked so badly! We at least found some similarly warped RU diehard souls to hang out with.

And then the hope that sprung up with the Schiano hire was palpable and within a few years we were competitive and finally bowling and those tailgates ended, since presumably we all found friends to go to the tailgates and games with us (I went from 2 tix through the 90s to 4 in 2002 to 6 in 2005 to 12-14 from 2007 until now).

In addition, many of us (including you and me) got to know each other through the bowl games and the AreYouNUTS parties, which were so much fun. And since this is the hoops board, some of us got to know fellow posters IRL via the old "board meetings" at halftime during the Waters years mainly.

So, like NUTS and @e5fdny there are quite a few folks around here who know who I actually am. I've debated doing what 1984 just did, especially since retiring a couple of years ago, but haven't pulled the trigger - mostly laziness, I guess. Although I'm not quite sure knowing who everyone is would keep the extreme few from being a bit nasty and hateful, since I still see a fair amount of that on Facebook, where everybody knows your name (to quote Cheers).

To moderate or not to moderate here or other social media platforms has always been a tough call, given how precious free speech is. I've always come down pretty far on the free speech side (which is why I declined an "offer" to be a mod here a few times over the years), but I do understand why companies/businesses (like this one or FB) do go the moderation route, as they're ultimately trying to grow a business, which supersedes free speech on a platform they provide.
Fyi.. been here since Day 1 myself. Why I mentioned the August 2001 Post reset.

It's not about who " knows me or who doesn't". It's about full transparency. And it's about me and nobody else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT