ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game Press Conference---Wisconsin

Loved what he said about the start of the game and pressing early. Those couple of recent games RU lost recently were due to horrendous starts -Eatman wasn't going to wait until they got "into a rhythm" last night and it made a huge difference. Hope they can blast out of the gates vs. Minnesota too

Loved the interview as well. He really gave a good talk. I was ready to see the next game last night. Very happy to see Tekia speak as well, she is gonna be a huge factor for us!!

Reactions: RUonBrain
I thought that getting every player involved and in the game early set a great tone. It’s like the staff is saying, “we need you all to be ready to contribute the rest of the way. You will all be called upon.”

I thought that getting every player involved and in the game early set a great tone. It’s like the staff is saying, “we need you all to be ready to contribute the rest of the way. You will all be called upon.”
Yes.

He is almost like an extension of Cviv. Wants to play her brand of basketball. Love his speaking too. And nice props to CC, that was classy and made me feel good.

I see some differences....he was pretty adamant about pressing out of the gate. That may have been because of the opponent. I have not watched many games this year because they are on BTN Plus, but, has Rutgers pressed out the gate in every game?

With Wisconsin being the worst free throw team in country, not the conference, but the country, there was little risk in fouling them .
I'm sure C Viv and coach Eatman discussed this 'no brainer' strategy.

If the up coming teams Minn and Ohio St have good free throw shooters, you won't see near the pressing.

With Wisconsin being the worst free throw team in country, not the conference, but the country, there was little risk in fouling them .
I'm sure C Viv and coach Eatman discussed this 'no brainer' strategy.

If the up coming teams Minn and Ohio St have good free throw shooters, you won't see near the pressing.
I think there will be pressing at first, just to get a take on how the officials are calling the game.
Quick calls and less press.
Let em play and the press will be used.

That was great. I liked the part about being the will to prepare, not the will to win, and of course the part about being ready to go from the moment you step on the court. I'd be surprised if we don't play some 55 very early on Thursday. Make a statement! Nolan Richardson's Arkansas teams would press from the get-go. The refs sometimes called some cheap fouls, but eventually they couldn't call everything and that press would become incredibly effective. Forty minutes of Hell.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Very impressive tape of Coach Eatman and T Mack

I love how he gave a shout out to fans ala Pike to try and get a good crowd for Thursday

I hope people turn out to cheer the ladies on during senior night and ensure we get the W

Very impressive tape of Coach Eatman and T Mack

I love how he gave a shout out to fans ala Pike to try and get a good crowd for Thursday

I hope people turn out to cheer the ladies on during senior night and ensure we get the W

First impression....I really like this guy. Going to be interesting to see the next games and tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT