ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for Lincoln Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not upset but you shouldn't jump to conclusions. I believe 100% that this animal killed this young girl but as someone else mentioned he hasn't been convicted yet.
No …not claiming you were defending this illegal. Also like the majority of people in this country I’m tired of those on all sides who try to sow the discord, hate and BS. That comes from both sides. What I will say is what is happening on our borders is something we all should want fixed … FiXED.

I was hoping to avoid commenting. My Friday evening posts after 4+ glasses of wine always gets me into trouble on the board. I just hope American citizens do at least some sort of deep dive on the issue of immigration into the US. To suggest the current problem is unique is not accurate. It’s been an on going problem which not only is decades old, is traceable to at least the mid 19th century, if not earlier. Political demagoguery and exploitation on this issue is American as frozen apple pie and processed cheese (as some might say). There are always those that engage in fear-mongering . Context is every thing and many don’t understand it. The US is a nation of immigrants and that is indisputable.

I was hoping to avoid commenting. My Friday evening posts after 4+ glasses of wine always gets me into trouble on the board. I just hope American citizens do at least some sort of deep dive on the issue of immigration into the US. To suggest the current problem is unique is not accurate. It’s been an on going problem which not only is decades old, is traceable to at least the mid 19th century, if not earlier. Political demagoguery and exploitation on this issue is American as frozen apple pie and processed cheese (as some might say). There are always those that engage in fear-mongering . Context is every thing and many don’t understand it. The US is a nation of immigrants and that is indisputable.
You did very well! Drink 4 more glasses and see what comes up next!

Yes, it's a long-standing problem, however, this current administration did a lot to break open the floodgates, and it is waaay out of control right now.

Nothing to do with the girl getting murdered by someone illegally here

There is a big difference now and yes we come from immigrants . Those immigrants early on didn’t just walk across borders for the most part . Most arrived through ports of call … most came sponsored … many were not ideal material to become a citizen… some never applied for citizenship. However the number of immigrants was not in the millions as it has become in 2022-23-24. It is the fear that we are asking for that proverbial Trojan Horse and the threat is a thousand fold greater. If ( and it is very likely to happen) we have another attack or series of attacks it won’t be an airplane flying into a building it will be catastrophically worse. Foolishness seems to be the accepted way by too many running the show.

When you posted “ allegedly” murdered that gave me pause to question the logic in your statement.There ‘s no allegedly … he brutally , savaged this women. That’s not ok and needed to be called out. Sorry if you are upset.I automatically think of my granddaughter.

God you are clueless. "Allegedly" to minimize the chances of an appeal after conviction due to a tainted jury pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT