ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for HomeComing & Blackout Games?

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
My picks are:

Homecoming: Kansas on 9/26 - works out early in the season before conference games start with what is hopefully a winnable game.

Blackout: Michigan St. on 10/10 - this set up nicely with a big primetime game on BTN at night. Should be awesome.

If they have to have a blackout game, it should be Norfolk State.

Since fans the fans need to wear a black shirt to get "pumped up" and bring "atmosphere" and "extra excitement" to a game, this would be the perfect game to bring excitement to the least exciting game!

I just told my wife (not exactly the biggest follower of college football) that they'd just announced Michigan State as one of the night games and she said, "Michigan?" I had to tell her that there's this other school from Michigan that also plays pretty good football.

If you have to explain that to the casual fan or student, I'd imagine that we're not exactly going to get the biggest turnout for that game - blackout or otherwise.

I hope Kansas is homecoming. September is still warm, compared to the rainy disaster we had last Nov. 1.

Originally posted by BeantownKnight:
I just told my wife (not exactly the biggest follower of college football) that they'd just announced Michigan State as one of the night games and she said, "Michigan?" I had to tell her that there's this other school from Michigan that also plays pretty good football.

If you have to explain that to the casual fan or student, I'd imagine that we're not exactly going to get the biggest turnout for that game - blackout or otherwise.
Disagree completely - if a top 10-15 (or higher) MSU team coming off back to back top 5 finishes comes in for a night game, as long as we have not been totally underwhelming, expect an INCREDIBLE atmosphere.

MSU for the blackout makes sense, although I fear we may get crushed and it'll take some of the excitment out of the game. Then again, I'm not sure we have a competitive prime-time game so IDK.

Homecoming, I am STRONGLY hoping for Kansas. Its a winnable game, Its nice out, etc.

Remember,
kids in Kindergarten through 8th grade can get FREE tickets for the Kansas,Maryland,Washington State, and Norfolk State games. Contact Doug Bean at Rutgers at 732-907-1574 or dbean@scarletknights.com.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT