ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Basketball versus Iowa Part II

He literally hit his arm on the way up.
Just saw you know the rule the defender is able to go straight up which he did that is a non foul. He did not get called on the arm he got called on the fall which was a flop and should have been called

Bac any comment on the refs tonight? I know you like to focus solely on the on-court play (which admittedly hasn’t been the prettiest), but the complete refusal to acknowledge how they impact the game is interesting…

Our energy level is crap again. Trying to coast to the finish. Can't do that against a good team like Rutgers. Hopefully Ulis and Perkins will bring more defensive energy. Way too passive.

I see this being a dogfight down to the end unless Iowa brings more effort on D and not give up second chances.

That foul on Harper was the worst - if there's a "cylinder" for the elbow earlier, where's the "cylinder" for Ron, whose arm was straight up? And then those ticky tack techs? Unreal, just unreal.

I don’t think you understand some rules.

There is no cylinder for defensive players except going straight up.

Only the offensive player is afforded space because they have the ball.

Not an anti ref guy, but I'm starting to see the BS. Why is that? Cuz RU doesn't belong?

Bac any comment on the refs tonight? I know you like to focus solely on the on-court play (which admittedly hasn’t been the prettiest), but the complete refusal to acknowledge how they impact the game is interesting…

Its not why we are losing

Alot of salty fans

No he didn’t. Zero contact.
Well that's actually not true per the replay - but it was slight - and could have been a no call. But if Murray puts up an airball, they were going to call it. Can't embarrass their star player now can they?

Wow … 21/21 for on FT and RU still has a shot … wonder what the record is for 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT