ADVERTISEMENT

Priority points?

1devotedfan

Senior
Nov 20, 2002
Is there a way to find out how many priority points I currently have? The website has up to 6/30/14. Can I find out how many I have from 6/30/14 to present?

I have the same situation even though I've purchased Basketball tickets and paid the SASF required for my seats. I've also paid in full for my 2015 Football tickets and SASF.
It appears that they do not do any real-time updating to the figures. Either that or they just forgot about updating mine and yours.
I've been printing out the report every few months and keeping a file. So I have proof that nothing has changed.
This post was edited on 4/15 8:28 PM by OntheBanks

Call up the ticket office, they can look it up.

Originally posted by OntheBanks:
I have the same situation even though I've purchased Basketball tickets and paid the SASF required for my seats. I've also paid in full for my 2015 Football tickets and SASF.
It appears that they do not do any real-time updating to the figures. Either that or they just forgot about updating mine and yours.
I've been printing out the report every few months and keeping a file. So I have proof that nothing has changed.
This post was edited on 4/15 8:28 PM by OntheBanks
Run by a NJ bureaucracy. Don't expect performance or usefulness.

I just keep it in a little spreadsheet so I always know what I need to donate. It would be nice if it updated more than once per year under your account, but that probably takes money.

Originally posted by RUskoolie:
I just keep it in a little spreadsheet so I always know what I need to donate. It would be nice if it updated more than once per year under your account, but that probably takes money.
not sure how you know what you need to donate...parking is a moving target..last year
moved a lot...hoping this year more in line with last years points per lot numbers

Originally posted by Zombo NJ:
not sure how you know what you need to donate...parking is a moving target..last year
moved a lot...hoping this year more in line with last years points per lot numbers
I base it off of last year and the percentage it has jumped in recent years. For example the cutoff for Blue went from 13, to 17, to 21, to 31 over the past 4 years. I'm projecting it to be around 36-38, so I made sure to have 40+ points this year to be safe. At the very least I know exactly what my PPs are as of today.

At least in my case priority points have little to do with where I'll be parking next year. Even with over 100 points I won't be able to meet the required donation amount required for my wife & I to park in Scarlet where we were for many years. We don't have a crew of people we order tickets for that would boost our seat donation total. So donating a minimum of $2500 for us to be eligible to park our car in Scarlet is just beyond our financial means. Guess I'll be bumping someone out of the Yellow Lot from now on.

At least in my case priority points have little to do with where I'll be parking next year. Even with over 100 points I won't be able to meet the required donation amount required for my wife & I to park in Scarlet where we were for many years. We don't have a crew of people we order tickets for that would boost our seat donation total. So donating a minimum of $2500 for us to be eligible to park our car in Scarlet is just beyond our financial means. Guess I'll be bumping someone out of the Yellow Lot from now on.
Yeah, 2500 beans to park a car for 7 afternoons/evening a year is more than a bit insane I'd say. I'm just hoping to hang on to a spot in black.

Originally posted by Local Shill:

Yeah, 2500 beans to park a car for 7 afternoons/evening a year is more than a bit insane I'd say. I'm just hoping to hang on to a spot in black.
The 2500 beans only makes you eligible to purchase the parking passes. I think they were $50 per game for the Scarlet Lot last year.

Originally posted by Local Shill:

The 2500 beans only makes you eligible to purchase the parking passes. I think they were $50 per game for the Scarlet Lot last year.
You are correct Banks. It's $2,500 donation MINIMUM plus $50/game for parking.

Originally posted by RC1978:
Unfortunately this is not true. At least not my experience yesterday. My rep said they only do it 2x a year becasue they have to get 3 different depts. to input the data. Funds I donated and corp. matched haven't even shown up in their system yet even though the checks were sent in January.

Pretty crazy given that April 30 is th deadline to meet the parking minimums. Yes there are ways to figure it out..but not having an active up to date accounting is pretty poor . (he used a different word to describe the system).

I base it off of last year and the percentage it has jumped in recent years. For example the cutoff for Blue went from 13, to 17, to 21, to 31 over the past 4 years. I'm projecting it to be around 36-38, so I made sure to have 40+ points this year to be safe. At the very least I know exactly what my PPs are as of today.
ok fair enough...hope you are wrong on Blue.....I was hoping last years big hop would keep this year
closer....I'm at 35 and don't plan to go higher....

Originally posted by 1984:
Originally posted by RC1978:
Unfortunately this is not true. At least not my experience yesterday. My rep said they only do it 2x a year becasue they have to get 3 different depts. to input the data. Funds I donated and corp. matched haven't even shown up in their system yet even though the checks were sent in January.

Pretty crazy given that April 30 is th deadline to meet the parking minimums. Yes there are ways to figure it out..but not having an active up to date accounting is pretty poor . (he used a different word to describe the system).
If this is true then you can still just take your totals from last year (provided online) and then do some simple math to figure out your current status. It's not difficult to do.

ok fair enough...hope you are wrong on Blue.....I was hoping last years big hop would keep this year
closer....I'm at 35 and don't plan to go higher....
It's tough to say. Last years big hop was because so many people bought Pinstripe Bowl tickets and so those counted towards priority points. This past bowl season I think a lot of people jumped on the opportunity to donate bowl tickets that counted towards priority points. So that combined with slightly increased demand from 2014 ticket sales is where I come up with 36-38. For your sake, I hope I'm too high.
party0005.r191677.gif

All you have to do is email your tix rep & they'll send you YTD PPs. Last year's PP totals for parking jumped because min seat donations jumped.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Leonard23:
All you have to do is email your tix rep & they'll send you YTD PPs. Last year's PP totals for parking jumped because min seat donations jumped.
I don't know either way, but someone a couple posts above just disproved the first part of you post. Although I have found different answers to other inquiries based on who you end up speaking to when you call.

Also, on a diff note, I agree that using formulas that have been posted could help you figure out your own totals, but really, why should people be forced to do this.

No one disproved anything. His rep was just lazy, misinformed or something else. I got a reply email within 30 mins with my YTD PPs totals.

No one disproved anything. His rep was just lazy, misinformed or something else. I got a reply email within 30 mins with my YTD PPs totals.
OK. Well, that's why I put my 2nd sentence that it might just be the fact that you get different answers based on who answers the phone (which I guess is a whole different issue they seem to have frequently).

not trying to argue here. My guy was not lazy. Spent 10-15 minutes trying to secure new info , tried to see what came over from the Rutgers Foundation, and looked up and gave me the name of the person who processes Corp matches. THAT was the biggest concern I had...my company on line site shows they paid the check in jan but he could not find anything from the Foundation showing it was recieved. Timing issue.

So it is just not THAT simple to know..what you have is exactly what you SHOULD have...(it should be)...anywho..good luck to all. I funded a band uniform to be safe (well maybe a shirt and hat)
3dgrin.r191677.gif

not trying to argue here. My guy was not lazy. Spent 10-15 minutes trying to secure new info , tried to see what came over from the Rutgers Foundation, and looked up and gave me the name of the person who processes Corp matches. THAT was the biggest concern I had...my company on line site shows they paid the check in jan but he could not find anything from the Foundation showing it was recieved. Timing issue.

So it is just not THAT simple to know..what you have is exactly what you SHOULD have...(it should be)...anywho..good luck to all. I funded a band uniform to be safe (well maybe a shirt and hat)
3dgrin.r191677.gif
1984 -- If you didn't receive a confirmation from Rutgers that a corporate match paid in January was paid, there is probably something wrong. Don't call the ticket office. Call the Rutgers University Foundation to find out what is up.

Originally posted by Upstream:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
1984 -- If you didn't receive a confirmation from Rutgers that a corporate match paid in January was paid, there is probably something wrong. Don't call the ticket office. Call the Rutgers University Foundation to find out what is up.
that is correct. (one of) my point was the folks at the ticket office can't necessarily see this stuff and said stuff isn't real time and has to be "gathered up" to determine totals.

Ms. Carol Chaplin

Matching Gift Associate

Rutgers University Foundation

Winants Hall, 7 College Ave

New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1261
But with a little extra follow-up it can be resolved.

2500 to park for 7 games doesn't make sense. Donate what you can to help the student athletes, that makes a lot of sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT