ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Ole Miss

If anyone thought the conference was the equal of the SEC… it sure is not helping that numbers 2-3 have lost or currently losing . Michigan … it’s up to you .

Is MvCarthy playing? Allard is not that good and OSU would have won with even the 2nd stringer.

Is MvCarthy playing? Allard is not that good and OSU would have won with even the 2nd stringer.
McCarthy is playing, it’s a playoff game. We haven’t seen players sit out of those, at least not yet lol.

He didn’t look as good the last few games of the season. Of course some were bringing up the pre and post Stalions stuff lol.

Pen st so overrated. Allair didn’t impress me, I didn’t think their defense was “all world” like people were claiming and Franklin is like Ryan Day. A good coach but not a great coach.
Allar has been very up and down. He has struggled in big games which is very concerning. Their passing concepts have been very frustrating and they like wide receivers. As much as RU complains about your receivers I would take them any day over Penn States.

Missing your best edge rusher and two lock down corners will do that. They are losing the one on one battles that during the regular season they won.
Is number 5 a usual starter at DB? He’s having a rough game. Ole Miss #9 is a legit WR.

Is number 5 a usual starter at DB? He’s having a rough game. Ole Miss #9 is a legit WR.
Nope he is one of the back ups. They definitely missed King and Dixon. King may be a top 15 pick this year and Dixon should be a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: bethlehemfan
Allar has been very up and down. He has struggled in big games which is very concerning. Their passing concepts have been very frustrating and they like wide receivers. As much as RU complains about your receivers I would take them any day over Penn States.
Fair comments. The funny thing is that pre-season we heard from folks that follow Penn st recruiting and the team, is how gifted the WR’s were.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Fair comments. The funny thing is that pre-season we heard from folks that follow Penn st recruiting and the team, is how gifted the WR’s were.
Yes they were really over hyped. The highly touted transfer Cephas never panned out and Lambert-Smith never stepped up. The entire room has been a major disappointment. Honestly I have a feeling the WR coach might be the next coach to be let go.

Reactions: GSGS
Yes they were really over hyped. The highly touted transfer Cephas never panned out and Lambert-Smith never stepped up. The entire room has been a major disappointment. Honestly I have a feeling the WR coach might be the next coach to be let go.
You guys going to make a run at Kirk? 😜

• Haha
PSU clearly misses their two CB and #11 (LB) got dinged during the game. He wasn't the same player in the 2nd half. Think of what losing Powell was like for our D. This was like the same thing to theirs, from the look of it.

giphy.gif

Where’s the PSUNut poster? Looks like your school needs a qb that can pass and run.

GO RU
Allar completed 60% of his passes for 2631 yards with 25 tds and 2 INT. I think he will be ok. The irony is he threw for 295 yards and ran for 40 yards compared to Wimsatt who threw for 84 and ran for 9. Heck that is 97 more yards then Wimsatt season best game. Allar was not the reason Penn State lost today. It funny how people talk all about how young Wimsatt is but Allar is even younger with one less season under his belt.

Reactions: Zimm80 and GSGS
PSU clearly misses their two CB and #11 (LB) got dinged during the game. He wasn't the same player in the 2nd half. Think of what losing Powell was like for our D. This was like the same thing to theirs, from the look of it.
... and they miss their "Chop", i.e. Chop Robinson, who is the best edge rusher RU faced this year. He could be a high 1st round NFL pick.

I think you can come up with a decent list of overrated major college coaches. James Franklin should probably top that list.

Reactions: Caliknight
Allar completed 60% of his passes for 2631 yards with 25 tds and 2 INT. I think he will be ok. The irony is he threw for 295 yards and ran for 40 yards compared to Wimsatt who threw for 84 and ran for 9. Heck that is 97 more yards then Wimsatt season best game. Allar was not the reason Penn State lost today. It funny how people talk all about how young Wimsatt is but Allar is even younger with one less season under his belt.
PSU got completely blown the f-out after the 1st qtr and you used two qbs because you don’t have one complete qb. The saying goes: If you have two qbs you don’t have one. Allar was 19 for 39. Less than 50% completion with a tightend that went for 127yds, a rb that caught for 86 yds and another four receivers that caught over a 120yds combined. Tons of yds after catches. RU with State Penn’s receiving options is playing Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl today instead of you guys. Allar is over rated and you should be debating whether PSU should stick with him or hit the portal for a qb on your message board. For the record, Gavin should have come to RU in the same class Allar arrived in (2022) but arrived senior year of high school. They’re the same age. The main difference between these two qbs at this point, is one qb led his team to victory in a bowl game while the other led team to an ass whipping by its opponent.

GO RU

Reactions: kbllmy21
You mean your qb is overhyped.

Time to hit the portal buddy.

GO RU

He doesn’t get help from his receivers. They stink honestly and the running backs are pretty average. I thought Richardson would be a lot better by now.

That sounds like a coaching problem.

He doesn’t get help from his receivers. They stink honestly and the running backs are pretty average. I thought Richardson would be a lot better by now.
That’s not what the children of the corn are saying:

GO RU

Also read how great the Penn State backs were and Kyle had over 1200 yards.

That is why they have moved on from Yurcich.
I think Kotelnicki has the potential to be a good hire. Might be some growing pains at first but I think the use of motion and misdirection/deception could help some of your skill players exploit their natural talent and speed.

Kansas doesn’t necessarily throw it as much and runs the ball well which probably suits Franklin’s wishes. YPP was like 7th in the country and total and scoring offense in the 20s and this is with lesser recruits. They had more explosive plays than PSU as well. I think a big reason for that is the deception in their offense.

Last edited:
What am I missing with the PSU QB Allar?

Every time I put on a PSU game the announcers start the game talking about how good Allar is, then every game I watch he looks like the weak link on that team holding them back.
It’s weird. His stats are OK and his TD to INT ratio is off the charts good. His lack of mobility seems to get exposed in big games. If he played on the best offense in the MAC, he would always look very impressive and probably put up outrageous numbers.

I think Kotelnicki has the potential to be a good hire. Might be some growing pains at first but I think the use of motion and misdirection/deception could help some of your skill players exploit their natural talent and speed.

Kansas doesn’t necessarily throw it as much and runs the ball well which probably suits Franklin’s wishes. YPP was like 7th in the country and total and scoring offense in the 20s and this is with lesser recruits. They had more explosive plays than PSU as well. I think a big reason for that is the deception in their offense.
Here’s a link to with some vids of Kotelnicki’s playcalls.

Saw too many of these type family members during the Teel years. Never a good thing to say unless it is for their own kid. A few families were also very loud with the Teel Sucks right next to his family.
Myself- even after a bad play- always tried to be positive…

Saw too many of these type family members during the Teel years. Never a good thing to say unless it is for their own kid. A few families were also very loud with the Teel Sucks right next to his family.
Myself- even after a bad play- always tried to be positive…
I think it was just a natural reaction to the duck launched in the air. I kind of said the same thing to myself seeing that play. It’s just cameras are unfortunate. It is funny though lol.

Also from that article:

“(The interception) was not pleasant to see, so I responded, not realizing there were cameras on me,” Leek told The Athletic just before halftime. “It was a frustrating play. Nothing against our team or our players, it was just hard to watch.”

Immediately,” she said, putting her hand to her forehead. “My friends and family started sending me messages that I was on TV, and my private response to a play was put out into public.”

Leek good-naturedly took the moment in stride while sheepishly admitting she hopes her son won’t take any flak for it.

It’s funny, but I don’t want to mess up things with my son,” said Leek, who added another layer of irony to her newfound fame. “It’s so unnecessary! It’s my birthday! Y’all didn’t have to put me out there like that. That was not supposed to be seen. I was talking to my family. They gotta give me a flag when I’m going to be on camera so I can be politically correct.”

I love Allar, I love our O-line, I love our D-line, I love our team,” she said. “We have frustrating plays, I express that at times, but it meant nothing. Penn State, We Are! and we’re about to win. I love all them boys.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT