ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue game is sold out

The people who complain 7 p.m. starts are too early will complain 9 p.m. is too late.

Simply, some people would rather make excuses not to attend than find reasons to attend.

Of course those fans would also be correct. There is a reason that for the last 30 years pre B1G most RU games during the week were at 7:30 p.m.

Some fans can not fathom that 7:00 or 9:00 games while fun for TV are difficult for those in person.

I'm going to make a wild assumption that you live pretty, pretty close to the RAC so I'm not sure you would have an appreciation for what kind of aggravation some of us endure to get to the RAC from home/work by 7:00 in this state. I am an absolute diehard obviously and now have an option to work from home when I need to which is pretty much a requirement for me to make these 7:00 games now. I can easily see how a less dedicated fan, especially one that isn't already a season ticket holder, would just stick to weekend games. I know because some of them are my friends. I actually like the 9:00 games because of the aforementioned traffic aggravation. And I actually have time to eat something before I get to the RAC.

Agree.
I live in New Providence and can get to the RAC on a weeknight in about 30 minutes - not bad. However I work in Fairfield and if I leave at 5 PM I am looking at an aggravating ride of almost 90 minutes. I have a lot of flexibility in my work schedule - example - the day of the Wisconsin game I was at a client in Middllesex and for the Iowa game I worked near home. Now I will make whatever effort is necessary to get to a Big Ten game but those early season cupcake games were absolutely brutal in terms of getting from my office to work. We actually need fewer non conference home games next year. The surplus of games makes a fan pick and choose which games he will attend.

Is it dollar hot dog night? That pulls in at least a couple thousand more right? Buns included for the first 250 fans!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT