ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/Iowa

39-18, Purdue is on fire. They are a much different team at home, more so than about anyone in the Big10

They might put up 100 on Fran and Garza:Laughing. Not sure it's the best thing for us though. Purdue looses many more and they are out.

10 first half threes already still time left in the half.

Anyone predicting we win at Purdue should be watching this game. They are a totally different team at home.

there were people today predicting we win @ mackey (purdue) LOL

11 threes for Purdue in the first half. 61 first half points.

61-36 at the half, 11 three's for Purdue. kyk, we play defense so we will probably be in it like any other road game. I know you love being a drama queen and your recent flip to the negative side on basketball is pretty funny.

I’ve said this several times in the past few days, but EVERY TEAM has been absolutely DESTROYED at least once or more when playing on the road in this conference.

Except Rutgers.

Our road losses have been

By 12 against MSU

By 3 against Illinois

By 5 against Iowa

By 6 against Michigan

By 5 against Maryland

And we were “in” all of these games in the 2nd half, with chances to win in the last 2 minutes against all but MSU.

It’s a testament to our defense, while at the same time an indictment of our offense since we can’t seem to score points down the stretch of these road games.

I’ve said this several times in the past few days, but EVERY TEAM has been absolutely DESTROYED at least once or more when playing on the road in this conference.

Except Rutgers.

Our road losses have been

By 12 against MSU

By 3 against Illinois

By 5 against Iowa

By 6 against Michigan

By 5 against Maryland

And we were “in” all of these games in the 2nd half, with chances to win in the last 2 minutes against all but MSU.

It’s a testament to our defense, while at the same time an indictment of our offense since we can’t seem to score points down the stretch of these road games.

I agree and as long as they don't get down on themselves they will find out how to win on the road before long.

Reactions: Yeah Baby and KevH
Purdue is a true Jekyll and Hyde team.

They lost @Nebraska by 14
They lost @Mich by 6, @ Md by 7, @RU by 7
They lost to Texas by 4 at home
They lost to Illinois twice by a combined 43 pts.
They beat MSU and Wisconsin at home by a combined 50 pts.

They lead Iowa by 25 at half.

They might put up 100 on Fran and Garza:Laughing. Not sure it's the best thing for us though. Purdue looses many more and they are out.

There is no maximum on conference teams that can make the tournament. The way I look at it the more W's against tournament worthy teams enhances Rutgers resume. In fact there is a chance the Penn St win could end up being Rutgers signature win if they continue to play well.

Reactions: bac2therac
There is no maximum on conference teams that can make the tournament. The way I look at it the more W's against tournament worthy teams enhances Rutgers resume. In fact there is a chance the Penn St win could end up being Rutgers signature win if they continue to play well.

CORRECT

17-29 from 3-pt range. Clown Shoes.

It would take us 4 or 5 GAMES to hit that many threes.

Reactions: MV9000
Thrilled also because **** Fran, **** his kid and **** Garza most of all. Mutant Frankenstein

Reactions: ScarletDave
Why can’t Rutgers win on the road. Everyone in big 10 is absolutely killing it when they travel. Rutgers sucks!!! Pikiell sucks!!! Our players suck!!!!

Iowa will now fall to 1-4 on the road. With loses to unranked Michigan, Nebraska and Purdue. A ranked lose to Maryland. only 1 win against unranked and worst team in the league Northwestern...

Reactions: MV9000
Crowd was out for blood, wanting to pin a hundy on Iowa. Final score 104-68. Crowd goes wild.

Purdue absolutely took Iowa to the wood shed. We can beat any team in the B1G. I don't care about what happened at MSG and at UMD anymore.

Why can’t Rutgers win on the road. Everyone in big 10 is absolutely killing it when they travel. Rutgers sucks!!! Pikiell sucks!!! Our players suck!!!!

Iowa will now fall to 1-4 on the road. With loses to unranked Michigan, Nebraska and Purdue. A ranked lose to Maryland. only 1 win against unranked and worst team in the league Northwestern...

Figured to hear from you tonight. You don't get the frustration with being so damn close in our games where just 1 win makes a huge difference? And how we lost them ? Just finishing 1 of them changes everything but we are where we are now.
Clearly a huge challenge to win road games in league. Clearly we blew 4 close chances. That's all.
So as long as we beat the 3 teams at home that we lost to away we'll be fine. So winning away is a non expectation that makes every last game at the RAC a must win. We just now need to go 19 and 0 at home. That's all lol. Good luck to us.

Figured to hear from you tonight. You don't get the frustration with being so damn close in our games where just 1 win makes a huge difference? And how we lost them ? Just finishing 1 of them changes everything but we are where we are now.
Clearly a huge challenge to win road games in league. Clearly we blew 4 close chances. That's all.
So as long as we beat the 3 teams at home that we lost to away we'll be fine. So winning away is a non expectation that makes every last game at the RAC a must win. We just now need to go 19 and 0 at home. That's all lol. Good luck to us.

Of course you would hear from me today. Just more proof that no one has success on the road in the big 10 and losing our mind over every Rutgers lose on the road is wasted energy and crazy. Last time I checked losing by 5 points is much better than losing by 36.

Would beating Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, and Michigan state be helpful? Of course. But does it kill us? No. Is it reason to give up on this Rutgers team and lose our minds after every close game? No.

while all you want is for Rutgers to pull one of these games out(which would aligns us with the best teams in the conference), I really want fans to stop acting like every road lose is the end of the world. We have 4 left which turn out to be the easiest on the schedule outside of Nebraska.

The best part is if we win out at home we still make it no matter what!!!!

Of course you would hear from me today. Just more proof that no one has success on the road in the big 10 and losing our mind over every Rutgers lose on the road is wasted energy and crazy. Last time I checked losing by 5 points is much better than losing by 36.

Would beating Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, and Michigan state be helpful? Of course. But does it kill us? No. Is it reason to give up on this Rutgers team and lose our minds after every close game? No.

while all you want is for Rutgers to pull one of these games out(which would aligns us with the best teams in the conference), I really want fans to stop acting like every road lose is the end of the world. We have 4 left which turn out to be the easiest on the schedule outside of Nebraska.

The best part is if we win out at home we still make it no matter what!!!!

Yes.That's the good part.But it is far from guaranteed.
If there were points for close losses on the road I'd feel more comfortable. I do not believe there is and perhaps there should be. I don't trust any NCAA committee to apply common sense.

Our average pts scored is similar to MD if the Comcast standings are correct. Maybe higher. Same with Illinois in conference. Top 2 teams.

why did you have to do this?

Why not? It's true, isn't it? And relevant to this thread, in which we're discussing Iowa getting plastered by Purdue on the road.

Our worst road loss is 12 points to MSU, and we were "in" the game deep into the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT