ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue sucks for years

you play them one at a time so if you are going to whine about a team who gets better don't follow Rutgers in their conference...you will be posting the same crap...enjoy because I think we are capable of beating a few of those teams contrary to what many think.

The theory does not hold because our first B1G win was against a very down Michigan team, and our first B1G win SHOULD have been against a very down PSU team.

Reactions: newell138
Actually, I expect Rutgers will be much better next year since you finally play Northwestern. What the OP describes often happens to us. I remember some years ago we were looking for NU to get a break against a middle-of-the-road MAC team. I mean it was Miami, Ohio, right? Turned out they had a guy named Ben Roethlisberger at QB, and he was fairly good. Passed over us, around us and kicked our ass. A couple of years after that we're playing TCU, which hadn't done anything for years. Gotta beat the Horned Frogs, right? Turned out they had this guy at running back named LaDainian Tomlinson. Ran through us, ran around us and kicked our ass. This year we finally play Maryland and guess what? They don't look too bad. Hell, I was thrilled we kicked Bowling Green's butt tonight because they came into the game with a 2-0 lifetime record against Northwestern. Hey, it's all when you play somebody. Northwestern is now 1-2 lifetime against Bowling Green and 3-1 against Oklahoma.

Why do they wait til we play them to get really good?

Yeah, one of the things I was saying all off-season, with the personnel we have, and where we are is a program this season, our schedule really did not set up well for us with the possibilities of Purdue having a better squad in Illinois being on the road.

That being said, screw it, I got completely screwed over by a Purdue graduate last year so I hope we beat the living piss out of them regarding regardless! Actually I'll take a one point win. Ha ha ha.

Well, Nebraska is down this year compared with past years and Illinois isn't exactly OSU or Mich. Looks like Purdue is the best of our B1G West opponents

If Brohm goes. 500 at Purdue, he probably should be B1G Coach of the Year.

Well, Nebraska is down this year compared with past years and Illinois isn't exactly OSU or Mich. Looks like Purdue is the best of our B1G West opponents
We could be the biggest reason Riley gets canned if we somehow miracoulsy pull out a W.

Most rationale statement about Purdue on this board in weeks.
They do indeed look like a different team. Every game is a new game and presents a new set of matchups. Funny how those who pencil in wins against certain teams get berated, but there is free license to pencil in losses. Expect Purdue to be a good game. Biggest concern for RU is depth at DL and linebackers.

Call me crazy but I think Michigan is on upset alert vs Purdue next week. Home game on national TV on Fox for Purdue, Blough is red hot, Michigan offense sputtering. If Michigan is forced into a shootout they might be in trouble in West Lafayette.

Reminds me a bit of West Virginia. For a bunch of years in a row it seemed like they were always just slightly better than us. When they were having an off year, so were we. When we were having a great year, so were they.

Reactions: ScarletKnightRider
I think one person in this thread got the narrative right. This should be about the job Brohm is doing at Purdue. Think he had a lot of talent to work with? Show that a little prior HC experience might ease the transition. Poor Rutgers never gets a break. How about we build a team that can compete with the likes of an improved Purdue

Reactions: BlockR
Brohm is a very good Coach.three straight winning seasons at Western Kentucky,three straight bowls,a 12 win season.
Theres a difference hiring someone who has previous proven head coach experience and rolling the dice with an asst first time HC.
RU went for the cheaper option.

Reactions: RU old timer
Welcome to the Rutgers Football Fan Experience.
lol at the people trying to guess RU future schedules in B10 play, against certain schools who 'may not be good" when we play them.
How about RU raises its level of play instead of counting on wins against other schools that "may not be good" ?

We could be the biggest reason Riley gets canned if we somehow miracoulsy pull out a W.
Given our current reputation in the college football world, if anybody loses to us it will be grounds for their respective fanbase to want their coach fired. If Nebby loses to us (instead of beating us by 17, which is my prediction) after losing to NIU, Riley and the AD will be gone. @huskersalways Amarite?

Reactions: huskersalways
lol at the people trying to guess RU future schedules in B10 play, against certain schools who 'may not be good" when we play them.
How about RU raises its level of play instead of counting on wins against other schools that "may not be good" ?
I assume there was a little tongue in cheek from OP.

I think one person in this thread got the narrative right. This should be about the job Brohm is doing at Purdue. Think he had a lot of talent to work with? Show that a little prior HC experience might ease the transition. Poor Rutgers never gets a break. How about we build a team that can compete with the likes of an improved Purdue

This Rutgers team should be able to compete with Purdue. Certainly not a game where we will be over matched in the talent department.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT