ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Penn State arena seating for BB

Njbound1

Freshman
Jan 29, 2020
I was thinking about picking up tickets and making the trip out to Tuesday’s game. Never been in that arena. The seating chart for the lower level shows rows AA-KK down lower, and A-P up higher. If you look at the seating chart, it seems to indicate that row KK is the first row off the floor, but you would think that AA is the first row. Can anyone who’s been there confirm? Thanks and GO RU!

I was thinking about picking up tickets and making the trip out to Tuesday’s game. Never been in that arena. The seating chart for the lower level shows rows AA-KK down lower, and A-P up higher. If you look at the seating chart, it seems to indicate that row KK is the first row off the floor, but you would think that AA is the first row. Can anyone who’s been there confirm? Thanks and GO RU!
I'm in 102, row c, 3rd row from the floor - rows are A to M in the lower level. What's a PS seat?

That's correct.

The best seats are in 104L through 106L. They're primarily season ticket holders, but there will be a lot of resale tickets available. Ticketmaster has them. Zoom in on a section and the pink dots are resale, the blue are from the ticket office.

Only the lower bowl will be open, and it appears the end line sections (those that don't have students) are not being put up for sale. (The arena seats between 10 and 11k downstairs, Purdue attendance was 10,500.)

The biggest legit criticism of the arena is the end line configuration - long, sloping sections that quickly take you away from the action. (This allows some flexibility for event types but really sets it back as basketball arena.)

Sections 104-106 and 121-124 (behind the students) are the next best bets after 104L-106L.

As I type this, there are 250-ish tickets available in those sections (about 50 in 104L-106L), and most of those are resale that are only available in pairs. Many are going for face value at Ticketmaster.

U just come sit behind the ru bench. There will be plenty of seats...ushers don't give a shit.

That's correct.

The best seats are in 104L through 106L. They're primarily season ticket holders, but there will be a lot of resale tickets available. Ticketmaster has them. Zoom in on a section and the pink dots are resale, the blue are from the ticket office.

Only the lower bowl will be open, and it appears the end line sections (those that don't have students) are not being put up for sale. (The arena seats between 10 and 11k downstairs, Purdue attendance was 10,500.)

The biggest legit criticism of the arena is the end line configuration - long, sloping sections that quickly take you away from the action. (This allows some flexibility for event types but really sets it back as basketball arena.)

Sections 104-106 and 121-124 (behind the students) are the next best bets after 104L-106L.

As I type this, there are 250-ish tickets available in those sections (about 50 in 104L-106L), and most of those are resale that are only available in pairs. Many are going for face value at Ticketmaster.
Thanks for the great info. Which row is closest to the court: AA or KK?

Thanks for the great info. Which row is closest to the court: AA or KK?
Sorry, that's what my "that's correct" nebulously referred to - KK is closest to the floor; AA is the first row as you descend from the section above with the same number (e.g., from 104 to 104L). Confusingly, the non "L" sections are intuitively lettered - the lowest row in that section is A, the next B, etc.

The away team's distribution to friends and family are in the lower rows of 104L, I believe. Maybe a few drift into 103, which is beyond the end line but still perpendicular to the court. Only a handful of tickets available for resale in those sections, however.

D'oh! Completely missed that. Never mind. Sounds like fun. If anyone might know it's our own @BKIn118 who has been to every visiting arena, as far as I know...
KK is closest to the floor.

Janet and I have been to every arena in the B1G and while we were playing in them, The American and the new/old Big East...most multiple times over. Far too many others to count or mention over the years. We will be headed to Happy Valley for the game Tuesday as well.

Team is playing well...should be a great trip!

Reactions: tjb
U just come sit behind the ru bench. There will be plenty of seats...ushers don't give a shit.
This is hit or miss. Things have changed quite a bit over the decades. For the longest time, the arena staff seemed committed to making the few people who showed up as miserable as possible.

That has diminished, and the last game I attended (vs. Miami in December), the many unused seats around me in Section 105 (including one that I bought!) were filled by people coming down from worse seats above, all of them at some point after the tip off. The ushers were reasonably vigilant (and polite about it) up until then.

Penn State is playing better and there may be fewer of those seats open in the good sections than one expects on a weeknight. But I'm sure there will be some. The tickets are cheap enough that I usually just scarf a good one up to be safe.

Been to concerts there but never a basketball game. Springsteen played there my son's freshman and senior year. The night before we had to move him out of the dorm his freshman year we saw Bob Seger.

KK is the closest to the floor. You can zoom in to see the dots on Ticketmaster. There are a bunch of tickets available behind our bench and they’re pretty cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT