ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. Terry Holland

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Former UVA head coach passes away at age 80. Was Ralph Sampson's college coach and led Virginia to two Final Fours. Very good college coach.
R.I.P.

• Sad
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
No idea what the beef is here. Holland was a very good coach and first class gentleman. Acknowledging his passing is a problem? Maybe Original Knight is redefining sick, as in him?

First of RIP Terry. 2nd very strange take. If anyone here posts a lot of deaths, I would say it’s tango. He has an odd habit of saying Joe Smith dead which I find insensitive, I prefer RIP

Looking below you do have a number of RIP posts, but don’t think that makes you a sick Individual

I remember Terry Holland and his Cavalier teams
found this to share:
>Holland guided the Cavaliers from 1974 to 1990, amassing a 326-173 record during his tenure, which was highlighted by Final Four appearances in 1981 and 1984 and three ACC regular season titles.<

for those complaining about threads like this, just ignore them and avoid feeling a need to insult those who post information like this

Terry also was Davidson's MBB HC where he compiled a 92-43 record in his five years there before going to Virginia

His career total was 418 wins with 216 loses
He also served as East Carolina University's AD a few years after leaving the Virginia AD job

Last edited:
Look at Mr. Twister elevating the level of discourse!
My cousin played for Coach Holland and he was a great coach.

Obituaries also referred to as the Irish Sports Pages.
W.B. Yeats … “Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy”.
During the height of the AIDS crisis it was also known in some parts as the Gay Sport Pages.

well from a death to Irish Obituaries to a completely different train of thought
this thread has turned into:
Yes Virginia ,Holland doesn't exist anymore, but you can take the tunnel 😮

Reactions: beaced
well from a death to Irish Obituaries to a completely different train of thought
Not at night…back to NJ…for the foreseeable future.🙂

Angie Dickinson line is way off. Uncle Junior is being asked to rat to the fbi. His response to the feds asking him was “ and I wanna **** Angie Dickinson. Let’s see who gets lucky first “

Reactions: Good-Knight
The very first time that I drove the Tunnel I felt it closing in on me as if it was going to devour my car

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT