ADVERTISEMENT

RAC Pass on sale

Can anyone explain how this works in regards to what games you can go to?.... Do they block out certain games?

Can anyone explain how this works in regards to what games you can go to?.... Do they block out certain games?

Nothing is blocked out. You'll get put up in the upper corners of the 300s for most games. Against the Lafayettes and Caldwells, you can just move down.

You can usually move down for most games from what i experienced.

I purchased mine today. Got 2 last year. It was a great experience, got my girlfriend in love with the team despite not being a basketball fan previously.

For those asking how it works: You receive a text message day of game hours before. You click and select claim tickets. You receive two tickets that can be scanned from your phone. Easy as that. Tickets are usually in the 300 but plenty of room to move if it is not a packed house and it usually doesn't matter either way.

I am sure there is somebody who has crunched the numbers and set a limit on how many of these should be sold, but I would like them to sell as many as the the number of gray seats plus the number of upper twelve rows or so of the 200 levels. Either that or we should set a different price for the upper rows of the 200s for season tickets.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG

Yes to tag onto the others post, I had a pair last year, great if you just want into the building at an economical cost per game, especially if you just want for the BIG games. Mostly 300s for those contests in the corners, a couple I got blessed with one of the top rows so I just stood along the top wall. Did the job but upgraded to full time season tickets this year. Never was a problem for me had to convince the other guy I go with to lay out the extra money lol. Transferable too if you add someones name so if you cannot make it you can send it to them & they can use their phone for mobile entry as long as they are added as an authorized user.

At least in the non-conference, there'll be no issue moving down (besides against SHU)

If Shack and some others are right 2021-22 you can forget that.

I don't think it will take much more than a NCAA appearance to go from where are now to 8,000 season tickets.

If Shack and some others are right 2021-22 you can forget that.

I don't think it will take much more than a NCAA appearance to go from where are now to 8,000 season tickets.

We'll see. Pikiell very clearly doesn't believe in scheduling strong opponents in November/December. I'm not sure there'll ever be a crazy lineup, especially with other leagues going to 20 games and making similar calculations about playing other power schools out-of-conference.

I agree with the second point. A team that's approaching three decades without a tournament sold out five games last year. Even acknowledging they weren't "real" sellouts (the upper 300s were definitely sparse), that's insane. There's a big appetite for a winner here. Hell, the football team managed to do 40,000 tickets for a 1-11 team facing UMass.

I assume that like me, no one that bought Rac Pass is able to register their phone for it, because of the required upgrade to the Rutgers Gameday app. The emailed instructions they sent out yesterday for how to register refer back to an old version of the app, and there is no way that i can see to register on the new version.

Moronic. Guess I'm calling the ticket office.

Figured I'd update the situation. Just spoke to ticket office, and they're aware that for some reason, an email with outdated instructions went out when it shouldn't have. The current version of the app doesn't work to register your phone. Sounds like the "plan" as of now is they are going to text message a ticket link to the primary cell number on your account for tonight's game, and possibly all season. But ticket guy said the Box Office hadn't told them what the deal was yet for certain (day of game).

Reactions: MV9000
I have no idea whats going on with these new instructions. We used to get a text, then claim the tickets. This is bs.

@SJScarlet Thanks! So they are using the old method that worked. Glad they decided not to clarify that with a follow up email, classic RU.

Figured I'd update the situation. Just spoke to ticket office, and they're aware that for some reason, an email with outdated instructions went out when it shouldn't have. The current version of the app doesn't work to register your phone. Sounds like the "plan" as of now is they are going to text message a ticket link to the primary cell number on your account for tonight's game, and possibly all season. But ticket guy said the Box Office hadn't told them what the deal was yet for certain (day of game).

When do you generally get the text. I forgot from last year.

For anyone that used the Rac Pass yesterday, did it end up working? I'm looking to go Sunday, so hope they get it sorted by then.

For anyone that used the Rac Pass yesterday, did it end up working? I'm looking to go Sunday, so hope they get it sorted by then.
It worked after I got in the RAC!! They gave me tickets last night at the ticket office.

If you go to the Rutgers app they finally added the RAC pass button.

Go to the top left and hit the 3 straight lines. You should see RAC pass directly below Get Tickets.

Reactions: bleachersown
Awesome, I see it now - Thanks

It worked after I got in the RAC!! They gave me tickets last night at the ticket office.

If you go to the Rutgers app they finally added the RAC pass button.

Go to the top left and hit the 3 straight lines. You should see RAC pass directly below Get Tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT