ADVERTISEMENT

Pre season exhibition game

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
I was told by a pretty reliable source that there will be a pre season exhibition game at the RAC this year (not sure of the opponent). This will probably be the most highly attended Rutgers exhibition game ever. People wanting to see Ace and Dylan for the first time in an RU uniform

I was told by a pretty reliable source that there will be a pre season exhibition game at the RAC this year (not sure of the opponent). This will probably be the most highly attended Rutgers exhibition game ever. People wanting to see Ace and Dylan for the first time in an RU uniform
If so, I wonder if STHs will be able to buy their seats, or will they simply put all the tix on sale online on a specific day and time (like the Fairfield exhibition in 2022)?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
A fundraiser game ?

if this is being done , then no reason it shouldnt be the best opponent available.

A St Johns rematch sounds good.

Ticket, concession proceeds should go to Knights of the Raritan.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Or to an actual charity that benefits those in need.
Me, my wife and kids and a lot of people generously donate to great charities doing great work. Me, my wife and kids and a lot of other people also volunteer lots of time to charities.

For a single Rutgers basketball event, a KTR fundraiser will help bring awareness to this need and would bring in funds for R student athletes. This is important also. Just because there are charities, doesn’t mean KTR doesn’t need donations. They do!!

Maybe some of the proceeds go to a charity and most to KTR. That is my opinion. If you disagree, this is the USA and I am totally good with that.

Reactions: hoquat63
if this is being done , then no reason it shouldnt be the best opponent available.

A St Johns rematch sounds good.
I favor UConn for the exhibition game.Ruters visited UConn for a scrimmage prior to last season.Its better to face the best in order to identify team weaknesses before the season starts.

Reactions: RU at the shore
I’m not sure they are permitted to do that. But then again everything with NIL is “crystal clear” to me! 😁
think about that. They can have games IN season in Vegas that delivers NIL but not a pre-season one self directed. (if true).
Rutgers could always do a "free" scrimmage and KTR could be outside the doors to collect "suggested donations" :)

Reactions: Scarlet83
Why would any opponent, especially a local recruiting adversary play an exhibition game to enrich the Rutgers NIL collective ?
Simple. For a return exhibition game next year. Or maybe someone owes Pike a favor. Or the opponent gets some of the NIL for their collective. Or maybe do TWO exhibition games this year.

It’s time to be a little creative.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I’m not sure they are permitted to do that. But then again everything with NIL is “crystal clear” to me! 😁
You could be right. But maybe it’s time to get creative and do something outside the box. Other teams are way the hell outside the box. Heck, some don’t even know where the box is!

Schedule UCLA. It will be a nice gift to long-time season tick buyers to play a historic game at the RAC before kowtowing to the Big Ten and playing the Bruins at MSG.
Why would UCLA travel across the country for an exhibition game?

You could be right. But maybe it’s time to get creative and do something outside the box. Other teams are way the hell outside the box. Heck, some don’t even know where the box is!
Count me among those who don’t know what the NIL box is.

Count me among those who don’t know what the NIL box is.
I don’t remember asking you.

Let’s be creative and use the exhibition game to raise NIL. Heck, we are in a huge MTE in Vegas against other top teams to raise NIL, let’s figure out a way!

Do you want Rutgers to win? I do.
I do, just not claiming to be clear on the current NIL regulations. From what I understand, the university can’t be directly affiliated with NIL fundraising efforts. A game like this would appear to be in violation of that. Again, I’m not sure.

I don't know all the rules, but my guess is the NCAA won't allow that and RU won't be the school to try and push that button.
if you are right, that is unfortunate and we are throwing away a really good opportunity to raise NIL and to promote the cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT