ADVERTISEMENT

RAC Renovation

The most unfathomabme thing about the RAC might be there about 20 urinals in the whole building for public use.
There also is very little concourse space walking to the rest rooms and concession stands.

Concourse area:
duo-1.jpg

Good luck

Good luck
That's you're only reply? Really BAC? LOL!

The beautiful new practice facility has become a reality, and will be completed this summer. I really think the RAC will be the next priority as we continue to win. And what is shown, may not be done in one fell swoop. It may be done in stages. But it can be done, and we can all hope, it will be done.

That's you're only reply? Really BAC? LOL!

The beautiful new practice facility has become a reality, and will be completed this summer. I really think the RAC will be the next priority as we continue to win. And what is shown, may not be done in one fell swoop. It may be done in stages. But it can be done, and we can all hope, it will be done.

I have a feeling that fundraising has been completely tapped from the big donors until either football or MBB start creating a new round of sustained winning buzz. I hope I’m wrong because we need it in a lot of areas.

I have a feeling that fundraising has been completely tapped from the big donors until either football or MBB start creating a new round of sustained winning buzz. I hope I’m wrong because we need it in a lot of areas.

Yes... a lot of the $100 million raised was in the form of commitments over 5 years.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Kid, I agree with you. This can only begin once we start becoming a consistent winner and regularly sellout the RAC. But we all know as I'm sure Hobbs knows, that our facility is inadequate in the B1G. Our football stadium is more than fine even if some of the infrastructure needs to be repaired and/or renovated. But the RAC is in desperate need of updating, repairs and expansion. I say this because I really don't see a need to build a new arena in downtown New Brunswick. We already have this arena and the space to make it a beautiful on campus facility. But obviously that can only happen if we start winning and making it back to the NCAA's.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
If they're gonna do it it has to be done right. It's gonna cost north of $100 million. Something like the Pernetti renderings would be best.

Reactions: RU MAN
If they're gonna do it it has to be done right. It's gonna cost north of $100 million. Something like the Pernetti renderings would be best.

The Houston renovation costs $60 million, so, maybe that translates to over $100 million in Jersey. Northwestern renovation was $110 million.

Last edited:
I’d like to know how much has been raised in the Big Build so far. Supposedly we’ve exceeded $100 million, but the darn site hasn’t been updated since October.

We talk about this ad nauseam. So, I'm going to show yet again what the existing RAC can become based on old renderings. The old renderings from the Pernetti days shows a new concourse, new exterior and the interior was expanded to 10,000, which I believe will be perfect for us.
aerial_1.jpg
Pernetti renderings had practice facilities on both wings of the new entrance addition. So clearly, no need for all of that.

Pernetti renderings had practice facilities on both wings of the new entrance addition. So clearly, no need for all of that.
Yes, I know. But if you take that entrance and truncate each side and build it more closely to the actual RAC it can still be done very nicely and give us a larger entrance with a two story concourse while at the same time building out the actual arena to accommodate 10,000 seats.

And finally, the new interior of the arena:
Intr_Bowl_20121221_r3_hires.jpg
This is pretty much what I posted except the entire back wall of the student section and the entire area from 118 up though the ticket office area would be replaced
with stands similar to what is on both sidelines. There is not need for that slanted back wall and the front wall over the ticket office/office area. It would allow for the
concourse to completely circle the arena. Think about it as then having a sections 208, 308, 209, 309, 210 & 310 on the student section side and sections 218, 318,
219, 319, 220 & 320 on the ticket office side.

Reactions: RU MAN
None of this really matters because the next big project / fund raising after the Rodkin Center will inevitably be going towards some football indoor practice facility / field house.

The Houston benefactor is Fertitta who recently sold the UFC and owns the Golden Nugget. Don’t think we have anyone out there like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT