ADVERTISEMENT

RAC renovation

Remodeling an arena makes sense IF:

1. You can afford it
2. Will help to generate more income to service the debt
3. Will assist in recruiting
4. Enhances the college basketball experience for students to attend.
Add number five, additional rest rooms and food stations to enhance enjoyment of season ticket holders.

It is my understanding that Rutgers would be away from the RAC for a year. Also,there would be some form of a luxury box. Would you rather play at Jadwin or Newark during that off season?
Heard Hobbs say the team would not be away from the RAC and appeared to indicate it was never even considered as he sought out designers/architect who had experience with off season renovations.

72 is usually interesting but gets out over his skis not too infrequently, from the Watkins take it to the bank days through RAC renovation. Thus, the no tourney and portal need the healthy grain of salt.

- we don’t need to leave THE RAC for the project to “get done correctly”

- people are not “whiners” for wanting to play ALL of our seasons at THE RAC

- by hiring a firm that has already done something similar, and successfully, it’s very clear Hobbs wants to get it done without leaving THE RAC for a season

…. I don’t understand for the life of me how this doesn’t make sense to any TRUE RU basketball fan.

- we don’t need to leave THE RAC for the project to “get done correctly”

- people are not “whiners” for wanting to play ALL of our seasons at THE RAC

- by hiring a firm that has already done something similar, and successfully, it’s very clear Hobbs wants to get it done without leaving THE RAC for a season

…. I don’t understand for the life of me how this doesn’t make sense to any TRUE RU basketball fan.
Your first statement is based on multiple assumptions. I don’t think Hobbs even knows if it can be done. adding a bowl concourse seems to be the issue that could take significant more time. RU may need to remove that component if they don’t want to close the RAC.

Your first statement is based on multiple assumptions. I don’t think Hobbs even knows if it can be done. adding a bowl concourse seems to be the issue that could take significant more time. RU may need to remove that component if they don’t want to close the RAC.
I don’t think it’s going to be a full “bowl” so-to-speak. I believe the plan is to remove the bleachers, move the student section up 10-feet or so by erecting a permanent grandstand which ALSO fills in the corners between itself and the permanent sideline (which would be concrete now as well). That shouldn’t have to take more than an off-season (I believe is the thought process here and should be the case). You have 8(?) months to get that done.

Well, maybe just do half of the whole concourse each off-season.

Well, maybe just do half of the whole concourse each off-season.
I don’t think anyone could care less about the concourse if it means not moving games away from the building itself for an entire season. People can deal with construction outside of the seating and court for a season. Everyone will survive. That’s all (necessary) makeup on the pig but shouldn’t interfere with games.

what?? if you think hobbs didnt ask that question to the firm that RU actually has hired you're just raising false flags. now will they perform what they promised , who knows.

I must have missed what the cost is projected to be. Did I see over $1billion?

one-million-dollars.jpg

Arkansas AD Hunter Yurachek has proposed a $45million upgrade to Bud Walton Arena. Inflation in construction must be high as the original cost for the construction was $25million.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Exactly. And just because Hobbs says the “goal” is to not leave the RAC means nothing. He’s just hedging. The team could and should leave the RAC for a year to make sure this project gets done correctly. Who cares about one season if it means we get a huge facility upgrade that will help recruiting and the university itself? The whiners should think bigger.
YOU sound very whiney, 2024.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT