ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Lucas

BTN always uses the home team's announcers for olympic sports coverage to save money. With the Wisconsin game getting the A Team, they save by using Lucas on a game in which 99% of the viewers are RU fans.

When the BTN was showing Bolin on the bench doing whatever he was doing to the other player, I was hoping Ray would shut up as quickly as possible before he said something that would lose him his job. Fortunately, he got through it.

When the BTN was showing Bolin on the bench doing whatever he was doing to the other player, I was hoping Ray would shut up as quickly as possible before he said something that would lose him his job. Fortunately, he got through it.

Too funny...I was thinking the same thing

Reactions: HeyHuey

What was bolin doing ?

Crazy story about Lucas that's in his book. His mom was white. Ray was conceived out of wedlock with an African American man.
But his mom's soon to be husband , a white guy, raised ray as his own and that is who he calls his father .

Lucas has a man-crush on Parcells and it would be inappropriate for him to deride Bolin for his actions. Don't judge others Ray....

What was bolin doing ?
He had his arm around the should of the player he was sitting next to and it looked like he was fondling his nipple through the uniform. But shot lasted 2 seconds and it was just a coincidence that they cut to it at that moment. He could have been going for an MMA choke-hold submission for all we know.

"Lewis needs to take the big fatties to the grease trucks today as a thank you"

"He's a freshman, does he even know where they are?"

Best interaction of the game
I don't even know where they are....they're not in front of Scott Hall though.

Ray's great. In an over glossed world, he is a breath of fresh air.

Who is hanging on to the 90's double hoops earrings longer than Ray?!

Reactions: RU22 and redking
Maybe he was confused with Stanley Morgan.
It happens.

Stanley_Morgan.jpg

Reactions: RU22 and tico brown
He's great. I don't think announcers need to be completely 'sanitized' of their rooting interests if they provide criticism as well.

I also liked how he questioned the sportsmanship/game planning of running through the first half and throwing when we were up by 40+. He has the perspective of an RU lifer who has witnessed teams roll teams with 'the right way' and those that do not.

Reactions: RU22
No one is worse at football color commentary than Ronde Barder. It's not even close. Even Tiki Barber posing as Ronde would be better than Ronde.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT