ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment Rumors

The school system nationwide is failing people. People keep repeating the same argument that Rutgers and Maryland don't pack the stadium, so they should be kicked out. All they have to do is read. It would explain why Rutgers and Maryland were added. I can deal with ignorance, but stupidity is downright criminal.

The school system nationwide is failing people. People keep repeating the same argument that Rutgers and Maryland don't pack the stadium, so they should be kicked out. All they have to do is read. It would explain why Rutgers and Maryland were added. I can deal with ignorance, but stupidity is downright criminal.
Yup, so dumb. And at this point we’ve been added already. Why does being newest even matter? Somehow I doubt that Northwestern is delivering the Chicago market and packing their stadiums. Why are Rutgers and Maryland the constant examples used for negative reference.

Why are you posting garbage? Everyone knows that guy has zero inside information.
I agree most of it is junk but the uneven revenue share isn't out of the question but that's not breaking news.

I've mentioned that myself in the past as a possible solution for all the conferences that were unstable from the B12, to the PAC to the ACC. But you always wonder about the long term viability of such solutions. It didn't work for the BE, B12 or PAC12 so don't know over the long haul that it will work for the ACC either.

All WVU realignment experts are morons. It’s entertaining, but these guys are all idiots.
This guy, MHver3, is so pissed at Rutgers making out better than any of the other former Big Least members that he has spread hate about Rutgers on Twitter. Even after someone corrected him, he doubled down with more misleading information. His funniest line was that the B1G should drop Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, and USC/UCLA because they don't deliver those markets. 🤣🤣🤣

I believe if the ACC gets a new TV deal, that voids the existing Grant Of Rights. The ACC would have to vote for it though. I am not sure if they would, knowing that a bigger pay day from ESPN would allow ND, Clemson, FSU, UNC to bolt.

This is kind of what I said in one of these threads and that was in regards to actual sports media not random twitter people. They're good at breaking news after it's done but prognosticating and predicting not so much.

Are you still mad at me for the bee thread? 😜

75Dd.gif

Reactions: Knight Shift
“How can you justify telling Oregon they’ll make half as much as Rutgers” idk maybe because the Eugene-Portland media market is 10% the size of NYC
8 million ppl aren’t glued to their set when Rutgers is on. If we’re being honest, Ohio State should get a bigger cut than Rutgers or Maryland. That’s the direction this is going

8 million ppl aren’t glued to their set when Rutgers is on. If we’re being honest, Ohio State should get a bigger cut than Rutgers or Maryland. That’s the direction this is going
However, for all those Ohio State fans who live in the NYC/Maryland/DC areas, those cable boxes and media rights made those games available to those fans living in those areas. Do you think they only watch Ohio State games and not the games of other teams in their division? I know a lot of RU fans who watch B1G games throughout the weekend, and not just RU games.

Do you really think so? Because if that’s the case it kinda blows up the meaning behind a conference. I’m not saying you’re wrong…but that idea seems wrong.

Do you really think so? Because if that’s the case it kinda blows up the meaning behind a conference. I’m not saying you’re wrong…but that idea seems wrong.
I agree - think eventually Wel see tiered payouts
NIL $$ / booster donations will have to make up the money difference

ohio state needs Ws to sustain prominence, which is where lesser B1G teams ‘earn’ their equal pay.

A lot of people on this board have been speculating that if Rutgers didn’t become more competitive, they may no longer be in the B10. With the additions of USC and UCLA as possible replacements, where might RU end up in this realignment???

A lot of people on this board have been speculating that if Rutgers didn’t become more competitive, they may no longer be in the B10. With the additions of USC and UCLA as possible replacements, where might RU end up in this realignment???
Huh? USC and UCLA are additions, not replacements.

Pay for conference championships

Winners get monetary bonus from the contract

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT