ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic Expectations for Next Season?

BrianLeonard4Heisman

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2019
I don't post as much as I might classify as an avid "lurker." However, with our season now over and the talk of Rutgers football has never been hotter. I am inquisitive about what everyone expects for next year?

I assume that our Quarterback competition is up from grabs with Verdal returning along with his successor in Gavin Wimsatt as a freshman. In the likely event that Wimsatt takes over as a freshman with Verdal as backup and Simon & Langan (Wildcat and short yard plays on 3rd down) what are you expecting from this team? While it's hard to answer this question as our roster isn't completed due to the transfer portal and other considerations that I might be leaving out, I couldn't be more excited to see what everyone thinks will happen to our team.

It's hard to hand over the keys to a freshman but Wimsatt isn't our typical freshman. However, what are we expecting from this young man? I'm expecting a .500 or above record? I believe that our opening game against Boston College will serve as a focal point to show how much we improved from last year. However, a .500 record in our conference is just so hard given the teams that are in our conference.

Reactions: aroost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News