ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

He could not make 133 and could not beat Pletcher or Sasso so only 157 was open and he could not beat Cleary so transfer was next. Nice family.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Is it? I guess we'll see as he didn't seem to perform to expectations/recruiting rankings at tOSU. Maybe a change of scenery and moving home will be different. We would've been crucified for those same results had he been here.
The kid is really good if his heart is still in it.

Is it? I guess we'll see as he didn't seem to perform to expectations/recruiting rankings at tOSU. Maybe a change of scenery and moving home will be different. We would've been crucified for those same results had he been here.

I mean he was 38-11 in his two years so he obviously wasn't bad even though most of his wins were in open tournaments, etc since he wasn't a stater in most of the B1G duals.

I mean he was 38-11 in his two years so he obviously wasn't bad even though most of his wins were in open tournaments, etc since he wasn't a stater in most of the B1G duals.
Never said he was bad but look at who he beat for that. We'll see how he does at Rider.

Prolly a ncaa qualifier type of wrestler.. he does have a win over Brady Berge
Interesting to see what weight he goes. He never got the chance to go his optimal weight at OSU....had to suck all the way to 133, then tried to go 157 the following year, due to Sasso at 149. If he goes 149, he will be very good(of course my opinion).

Interesting to see what weight he goes. He never got the chance to go his optimal weight at OSU....had to suck all the way to 133, then tried to go 157 the following year, due to Sasso at 149. If he goes 149, he will be very good(of course my opinion).
Yeah, we'll see how he does if he's at his optimal weight, as he was very good coming out of HS.

Very good coming out of HS but I never thought he was a hi level big 10 wrestler. I remember him and his brother from youth wrestling, both tough, brother signed with NC State for cup of coffee.
Quinn should do well at rider
As bill said nice fam

Rylan Rogers, formerly of Blair, committed to Michigan. We weren't in his top 6 so we weren't in the running at all but our conference/division mates continue to bring in elite talent.

He is ranked #1 or #2 at 195 depending on the site/service.

giphy.gif

Scott is playing in my golf tournament I run for the scholarship program for Somerville High School Athletic Hall of Fame on Monday July 26 at Raritan Valley Country Club. If any golfers want to play you can talk to him in person. It is a great private course for only $180 per golfer. That gets you lunch, golf and dinner.

Reactions: Leonard23
Kinner in particular.
How do you know we were interested or pushing for a commit? I know we were interested out of HS but I don't recall recruiting him very hard back then. He committed to NCST in Aug 2017 and then flipped to tOSU in Oct 2017. It'll be interesting to see how he does as he looked college ready in HS but then had trouble, possibly due to weight.

How do you know we were interested or pushing for a commit? I know we were interested out of HS but I don't recall recruiting him very hard back then. He committed to NCST in Aug 2017 and then flipped to tOSU in Oct 2017. It'll be interesting to see how he does as he looked college ready in HS but then had trouble, possibly due to weight.
I don't know that we were or weren't. How could I with the lack of information shared? I would think there would be interest if it were known he was available... maybe not.

How would I know? He said a big recruiting update article coming out today, like I wrote
Unlikely and Lex has been trying to get something out the past few weeks or months, but I'm guessing he hasn't yet because there haven't been updates or access to info.

Unlikely and Lex has been trying to get something out the past few weeks or months, but I'm guessing he hasn't yet because there haven't been updates or access to info.
Not sure why you quoted me saying it was unlikely when Richie specifically said a recruiting update was coming out today and I just passed that information along. By the way, here is todays article from Lex so I guess Richie was telling the truth:

Last edited:
Anyone have recruiting info as it's been pretty quiet? Seems like Bouzakis to tOSU, which I posted in this thread back in Feb...

IMO we better start recruiting another Heavyweight. I know Kyonte wants to do both but he's already played in all 4 games as a freshman. Gleason seems to like what he brings to the table. This bodes well for his football future and at the B1G level, to become elite you need to devote all your time and energy into it. I don't think we're going to see him wrestle for very long.

IMO we better start recruiting another Heavyweight. I know Kyonte wants to do both but he's already played in all 4 games as a freshman. Gleason seems to like what he brings to the table. This bodes well for his football future and at the B1G level, to become elite you need to devote all your time and energy into it. I don't think we're going to see him wrestle for very long.

I think it’s a little early. Why not let him get on the mat first and see how it goes?

ADVERTISEMENT