ADVERTISEMENT

Reports that Urban Meyer lied about not knowing abuse allegations against assistant / Now On Leave

Rhe defense strikes back with their own accusation.
Ohio State scandal: Family doubts allegations against Zach Smith
In a report published independently on Facebook, Jeff Snook laid out quotes from Lynn Bruce, Smith’s mother and the daughter of former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce, and Tina Carano, the mother of Smith’s ex-wife Courtney. Both mothers claimed Courtney told them of a vindictive revenge plot against Smith and Meyer that she has been apparently planning since 2013.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mot...ictim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

In a report published independently on Facebook, Jeff Snook laid out quotes from Lynn Bruce, Smith’s mother and the daughter of former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce, and Tina Carano, the mother of Smith’s ex-wife Courtney. Both mothers claimed Courtney told them of a vindictive revenge plot against Smith and Meyer that she has been apparently planning since 2013.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mot...ictim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html
Well I said some situations can be complicated and messy and it's hard for an outsider to know for sure what to act. This definitely seems to be that. From his mother is one thing but from hers too?

and the plot thickens. If true, then Urban should be back before the opening of the season.

Just read today that the athletic director Gene Smith is taking a week of vacation and is out of the office. Great timing chief!

Just read today that the athletic director Gene Smith is taking a week of vacation and is out of the office. Great timing chief!
Oh come on.. july to early august is the perfect time for college administrators to vacation... though, an AD.. when football camp opens.. hmm.. maybe he had to delay his vacation because of this issue? But wanted to get it in before the season starts proper?

Oh come on.. july to early august is the perfect time for college administrators to vacation... though, an AD.. when football camp opens.. hmm.. maybe he had to delay his vacation because of this issue? But wanted to get it in before the season starts proper?

Haha, I don't know. Guy probably had it planned and I mean no one wants to cancel their vacation. I sure wouldn't. But I can't imagine it's going to be a nice, relaxing week off for him.

Did you find the clause that states the more successful he is as a coach, the more likely the university will look the other way and/or just smack him on the back of the hand?
You have to look at the actual signed contract under a blacklight in a dark room to see that clause.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Facebook seems to be the place to break news for some of these guys. From the same guy who talked to both the mothers of the two parties.

Wow.. that's some next-level-crazy.. if true.. they became friends as OSU assistants... but had a falling out.. the wives remained friends.. but Herman and Zach Smith became recruiting foes? If true.. its Game of Thrones level backstabbing. (I keep repeating, "if true", because all this comes from an OSU source.. this could simply be propaganda noise and fighting back).

"Tom Herman’s motive?

Herman was furious after five-star receiver Garrett Wilson committed to Ohio State in April over Texas, sources say. Wilson played at Austin (Texas) Lake Travis High, just miles from the Longhorns’ campus.

Zach Smith was the Buckeyes’ primary recruiter, along with quarterbacks coach Ryan Day, in getting Wilson’s commitment. Day has the central Texas area in the Buckeyes' recruiting system. Smith was fired July 23.

Given that Texas is one of the most pressure-packed and highest-profile jobs in the country, and following a 7-6 season in his first year as Texas coach, Herman needs to secure a recruiting base close to home to turn the Longhorns around.

And there were no bigger stars in his own city than Wilson.
Herman was hired by Meyer as the offensive coordinator when he accepted the job in December, 2011, leaving his job in the same position at Iowa State. At the same time, Meyer hired Smith, Earle Bruce’s grandson, as receivers coach."​

Wow.. that's some next-level-crazy.. if true.. they became friends as OSU assistants... but had a falling out.. the wives remained friends.. but Herman and Zach Smith became recruiting foes? If true.. its Game of Thrones level backstabbing. (I keep repeating, "if true", because all this comes from an OSU source.. this could simply be propaganda noise and fighting back).

"Tom Herman’s motive?

Herman was furious after five-star receiver Garrett Wilson committed to Ohio State in April over Texas, sources say. Wilson played at Austin (Texas) Lake Travis High, just miles from the Longhorns’ campus.

Zach Smith was the Buckeyes’ primary recruiter, along with quarterbacks coach Ryan Day, in getting Wilson’s commitment. Day has the central Texas area in the Buckeyes' recruiting system. Smith was fired July 23.

Given that Texas is one of the most pressure-packed and highest-profile jobs in the country, and following a 7-6 season in his first year as Texas coach, Herman needs to secure a recruiting base close to home to turn the Longhorns around.

And there were no bigger stars in his own city than Wilson.
Herman was hired by Meyer as the offensive coordinator when he accepted the job in December, 2011, leaving his job in the same position at Iowa State. At the same time, Meyer hired Smith, Earle Bruce’s grandson, as receivers coach."​
Yea sounds like a soap opera or something which kinda makes it somewhat unbelievable but who knows.

EDIT: I see McMurphy coming out and rebutting some of these claims now.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account@Brett_McMurphy 19h19 hours ago
Tina Carano, Courtney Smith’s estranged mother, confirmed to me on Saturday she sent text messages to Zach Smith detailing his repeated abuse of Courtney. This contradicts what Carano said in an interview Thursday

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account@Brett_McMurphy 18h18 hours ago
For those who have asked for my response to Jeff Snook’s claim Saturday: “I have never revealed my sources in my nearly four decade journalistic career & I am not going to start now. However, I will say unequivocally that Tom Herman was not my source.”

Last edited:
Reactions: vkj91
Yea sounds like a soap opera or something which kinda makes it somewhat unbelievable but who knows.

Tina Carano, Courtney Smith’s estranged mother, confirmed to me on Saturday she sent text messages to Zach Smith detailing his repeated abuse of Courtney. This contradicts what Carano said in an interview Thursday

For those who have asked for my response to Jeff Snook’s claim Saturday: “I have never revealed my sources in my nearly four decade journalistic career & I am not going to start now. However, I will say unequivocally that Tom Herman was not my source.”

What about Tom Herman's wife?

And why isn't Tom Herman suspended? He knew about the abuse NOW and while at OSU.. why isn't he getting suspended pending an investigation? His wife is besties with Zack Smiths ex.. she must have heard the stories and told Tom, right?

Last edited:
What about Tom Herman's wife?
That's possible who knows, you know the whole plausible deniability thing people do. It could be any sort of middleman even if not the wife. McMurphy also posted another FB post with updated stuff about the wife's mother which I added to the post above.

That's possible who knows, you know the whole plausible deniability thing people do. It could be any sort of middleman even if not the wife. McMurphy also posted another FB post with updated stuff about the wife's mother which I added to the post above.
I added this to mine while you were replying.. plus the new info about the wife's mother.. that could be consistent with the wife's mother being.. er.. influenced recently by a big donor... change of story.. who knows?

What I added:

And why isn't Tom Herman suspended? He knew about the abuse NOW and while at OSU.. why isn't he getting suspended pending an investigation? His wife is besties with Zack Smiths ex.. she must have heard the stories and told Tom, right?​

hmm.. what if she used her mom's phone to type those texts to zach?

this is such a crazy story I wouldn't think it out of the realm of possibilities. would mom text.. 'u r a ****in cheater".. hmmmm.. I'd want to see Courtney's typical texts on the subject as well as the moms regular texting habits. How old is the wife's mom?

Looking up the Mom I found this gem..

slack-imgs.jpg

Last edited:
I added this to mine while you were replying.. plus the new info about the wife's mother.. that could be consistent with the wife's mother being.. er.. influenced recently by a big donor... change of story.. who knows?

What I added:

And why isn't Tom Herman suspended? He knew about the abuse NOW and while at OSU.. why isn't he getting suspended pending an investigation? His wife is besties with Zack Smiths ex.. she must have heard the stories and told Tom, right?​
Herman left in 2014 to Houston so he wasn't around for the 2015 incident but he could have still known if the wife is still a friend. He's also come out and denied that he, his wife or anyone in his family tipped McMurphy. Like I said it's just seems like a soap opera.

From ESPN article:

Herman, through a spokesman, said the report was "absolutely untrue" and denied that his wife, Michelle, contacted McMurphy either.

"Neither I, nor anybody in my family, has ever communicated with Brett McMurphy about the situation at Ohio State," Tom Herman said.

McMurphy also tweeted a denial that Tom Herman was a source in his reporting.

Herman did acknowledge that in March 2017 his wife offered Courtney Smith financial assistance but added they had "not provided any financial assistance since then."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...role-zach-smith-ohio-state-buckeyes-reporting

It's just more titillating (pun intended) details in an already soap opera like episode. If Smith and Herman were good friends before no surprise and it was all adults (high school coaches) as far as I know so eh. Is it a violation of any rules? Maybe but I can't imagine anything big coming from it. It's just tit for tat (pun intended again) between OSU/Herman.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's just more titillating (pun intended) details in an already soap opera like episode. If Smith and Herman were good friends before no surprise and it was all adults (high school coaches) as far as I know so eh. Is it a violation of any rules? Maybe but I can't imagine anything big coming from it. It's just tit for tat (pun intended again) between OSU/Herman.
Stripping the situation to the bare essentials, seems like nothing to see here. Just grown men behaving like a bunch of boobs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT