ADVERTISEMENT

Richard vs Brandin Knight

Jennifer Aniston Fighting GIF

Coaches shouldn't be talking to fans on Twitter or message boards - kind of unprofessional IMO.

Maybe RU72 shouldn't be posting undocumented or unnecessary medical related information in regards to the program.....or maybe the information isn't accurate.

Not everything should be posted on Twitter for public consumption, when there's no way to confirm its accuracy. Coach Knight bodied him and none of the information is relevant to the upcoming regular season, everyone is expected to be ready for the season.

It's an overseas trip with no TV coverage or knowledge of the competition and duh, mentioning Mag as not playing on the trip isn't exactly news, is it??

Maybe RU72 shouldn't be posting undocumented or unnecessary medical related information in regards to the program.....or maybe the information isn't accurate.

Not everything should be posted on Twitter for public consumption, when there's no way to confirm its accuracy. Coach Knight bodied him and none of the information is relevant to the upcoming regular season, everyone is expected to be ready for the season.

It's an overseas trip with no TV coverage or knowledge of the competition and duh, Mag as not playing on the trip isn't exactly news, is it??
speculating, guessing when someone may be ready to play is innocent enough and no one should take offense as to someone else’s opinion. Imo

It's an overseas trip with no TV coverage or knowledge of the competition and duh, mentioning Mag as not playing on the trip isn't exactly news, is it??
No issues with what kent is posting . He is not just some “fan”. He’s an insider/journalist. I look forward to his info.
Also, liked the way knight responded . Like I posted earlier , it was cool the way knight responded to boheim earlier this year .
Let these guys go at it and sit back and enjoy the show.

speculating, guessing when someone may be ready to play is innocent enough and no one should take offense as to someone else’s opinion. Imo

Is this speculation and guessing or someone claiming to have “insider access” to medical information?

There never seems to be a designation (perhaps on purpose so they can project to have inside info about everything).

Is this speculation and guessing or someone claiming to have “insider access” to medical information?

There never seems to be a designation (perhaps on purpose so they can project to have inside info about everything).
Even people with inside access are reporting the speculations of others

And this type of info should not be premium at this point, far off season

The insiders could easily be wrong on either and of the guess, unless the player is days away from returning, then their opinion has merit, being so close

I don't care if someone claims to have inside info on this type of news. We are talking about estimates of an injury with a far off deadline

I appreciate all info, and again, anyone saying Mag should be back by a date is giving their estimate

Reactions: MiloTalon13

I agree, it appears to me that Richard has a good source/sources but his updates have some of his own opinion mixed with actual scoops. The nuggets in his posts are on a spectrum, however they aren't spelled out specifically what is what, and maybe purposefully. Appreciate the information but have to be careful discerning between the two.

I just don’t get the Richard tweet. It’s over 3 months until the Princeton game and anyone claiming Mag “should”be ready to play in that game is way off base. I would think neither drs/trainers have any idea at this point. Knight’s response indicates that Richard has some credibility on RUBB and needed to be challenged. Unfortunately, Richard’s tweet this time is poor judgment.

No issues with what kent is posting . He is not just some “fan”. He’s an insider/journalist. I look forward to his info.
Also, liked the way knight responded . Like I posted earlier , it was cool the way knight responded to boheim earlier this year .
Let these guys go at it and sit back and enjoy the show.

I’ve always found him posting info to be curious given what he does for a living. But, perhaps I have him confused with someone else.

It is enlightening because of knight’s response . His response infers a doctor may differ with kent
These guys have different roles, and they are both doing their jobs. Richard is a media figure, and he provided an update that one of our key players should be back to start the season, so breaking an interesting bit of news for Rutgers fans. Brandin, as Mag’s coach is just protecting him from any undue expectations, as he should.

Coaches shouldn't be talking to fans on Twitter or message boards - kind of unprofessional IMO.

Off the court, coaches can't seem to win no matter what they do or say. Fans roll their eyes at meaningless "coach speak" but also complain when they reveal too much or get testy on twitter. Personally sports is all entertainment to me - so I have no problem with Knight's tweet.

These guys have different roles, and they are both doing their jobs. Richard is a media figure, and he provided an update that one of our key players should be back to start the season, so breaking an interesting bit of news for Rutgers fans. Brandin, as Mag’s coach is just protecting him from any undue expectations, as he should.
That’s why it’s fun to watch !

Kent is a lawyer who is always trying to make a buck-- a media figure?? That's in his own mind.

Reactions: knight82
I am pretty sure he wrote a book on Vivian stringer .
He also breaks more rutgers news than other “media figures”
Many of us have written a book or two that doesn't qualify you as a " media figure "

I just don’t get the Richard tweet. It’s over 3 months until the Princeton game and anyone claiming Mag “should”be ready to play in that game is way off base. I would think neither drs/trainers have any idea at this point. Knight’s response indicates that Richard has some credibility on RUBB and needed to be challenged. Unfortunately, Richard’s tweet this time is poor judgment.
So is knight disagreeing both guys will be back for Princeton?

Well, kent breaks more stories and has better inside than the media figures.
Can you site a couple of the stories he's broken that actually were correct? Seems he's been wrong very often or innuendo or was spouting bs already out to the public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT