ADVERTISEMENT

Riding time error!

80RU

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2011
The Wisconsin coach was correct that a clock error was made in our favor, but earlier in the bout there was a Clock error made in Wisconsin's favor. It seems they only corrected the second error. Did anybody else notice this?

The Wisconsin coach was correct that a clock error was made in our favor, but earlier in the bout there was a Clock error made in Wisconsin's favor. It seems they only corrected the second error. Did anybody else notice this?

I am not sure which bout you are talking about, but in the match that had locked hands, riding time stops as soon as locked hands are called against the top man. The RU announcers did not know the rule as they said wow riding time stopped.

I am not sure which bout you are talking about, but in the match that had locked hands, riding time stops as soon as locked hands are called against the top man. The RU announcers did not know the rule as they said wow riding time stopped.
The one where the Wisconsin coach complained, and the riding time was adjusted,and Wisconsin won by one point because of the riding time 5-4.

Why is it every single home match we have had there has been huge Rideing time clock problems. U would thing after the second time they would find someone who could run it right.

Reactions: koleszar
Why is it every single home match we have had there has been huge Rideing time clock problems. U would thing after the second time they would find someone who could run it right.
Does anyone else agree that we got screwed here when the adjustment was made only for part of the writing time error?

Does anyone else agree that we got screwed here when the adjustment was made only for part of the writing time error?
If you are talking about the 149lb match, RU did not get screwed, the Wisconsin kid had riding time and the Wisconsin coach realized the error by the table and it was corrected. How did RU get screwed

No it was corrected to where it was supposed to be. I noticed the riding time was going in the wrong direction as soon as the reversal occurred.

Reactions: jerzey devil
No it was corrected to where it was supposed to be. I noticed the riding time was going in the wrong direction as soon as the reversal occurred.
The Wisconsin coach was correct, as I posted above, for the period that was corrected. However, there had been a previous error, where the riding time went down from 40 seconds in our favor to zero. When I saw the riding timeclock going the wrong way in our favor later on I initially thought it was a run off to correct the prior error. When I mentioned this to a member of the Wisconsin team entourage after the match he gave me a little smile, which further piqued my curiosity. It was interesting that I brought my nanny to see her first wrestling match, and she did not know what I was talking about with the riding time, but she said that "that guy seems to know that you were right."

The Wisconsin coach was correct, as I posted above, for the period that was corrected. However, there had been a previous error, where the riding time went down from 40 seconds in our favor to zero. When I saw the riding timeclock going the wrong way in our favor later on I initially thought it was a run off to correct the prior error. When I mentioned this to a member of the Wisconsin team entourage after the match he gave me a little smile, which further piqued my curiosity. It was interesting that I brought my nanny to see her first wrestling match, and she did not know what I was talking about with the riding time, but she said that "that guy seems to know that you were right."

Again, you keep mentioning the previous error. I am trying to understand, you are still talking about the 149lb match? If you are, explain to me how Dippery had riding time? First period, no score. Second period, Dippery escapes after getting ridden for 42 seconds. Dippery scores a takedown with 2 seconds left in period. Third period-Wisc kid gets a reversal after 28 seconds and rides Dippery until 14 seconds left in match. H

College coaches pick up Riding time errors all the time, do you really think if there was an error in the match, the RU staff would not have noticed?

Again, you keep mentioning the previous error. I am trying to understand, you are still talking about the 149lb match? If you are, explain to me how Dippery had riding time? First period, no score. Second period, Dippery escapes after getting ridden for 42 seconds. Dippery scores a takedown with 2 seconds left in period. Third period-Wisc kid gets a reversal after 28 seconds and rides Dippery until 14 seconds left in match. H

College coaches pick up Riding time errors all the time, do you really think if there was an error in the match, the RU staff would not have noticed?

I will go back and re watch (think you can do that on BTN) but I remember it as Scarletgrapfan explained it.

Just re watched the match Scarletgrapfan 100% correct. The announcer (our guy) even picked it up. No earlier error in that match with riding time.

He is right on the money the way the match went. I rematches it this morning. Wis coaches were right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT