ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Harper Jr Scores Almost Half His Team's Points in Win

More muscle, drop a little of the baby fat, improve his stamina to play with intensity on D, and Harper, Jr will be a B1G player for us. I like this kid!
I would not be surprised he gets a red shirt year as a freshmen because of the number of players at the shooting guard and small forward positions.

With Bullock, Mensah, and this guy, looks like Pike is recruiting more DLinemen than Ash.

I would not be surprised he gets a red shirt year as a freshmen because of the number of players at the shooting guard and small forward positions.

That this could even be a consideration is a good sign - but I don't think he'll RS. I think Pike mentioned that he wouldn't have even redshirted Johnson if he knew what sort of progress he'd make this year. I doubt he'd redshirt a wing - they'll get him on campus, work him through the S&C regimen, and let him vie for minutes. He may surprise people and end up taking more minutes than expected.

So far, really liking what I'm seeing out of him. Hopefully he's got another inch or two of growth left, and takes to the S&C program with a mission.

Reactions: Scarlet83
No disrespect toward any current players intended - they all play great defense and Rutgers has been one of the top rebounding teams 2 years straight - but it'll be nice seeing some players next year who can really put the ball in the hoop.

Last edited:
Reactions: FastMJ and MV9000
Harper is going to help a lot here.

I am excited to see how he develops at the RAC.

His play reminds me of Junior Etou in some ways. Better shooter. He plays a little bully ball, grabs rebounds, and likes to get in the heads of opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT