ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Caverly and ongoing list of portal players

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Rose Caverly (5-10 GR point guard, Brick, NJ) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Quinnipiac WBB; 2022-23 stats: 7.9 PPG, 4.3 APG, 3.8 RPG; started her college career at Vermont.
Anybody lnow anything about this young lady?

Mikala Morris (6-2 SR forward/center, Springfield, OH) has announced she's entering her name into the portal, as a grad xfer out of Quinnipiac WBB; 2022-23 stats: 10.1 PPG, 6.8 RPG; second-team All-MAAC

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Raoul

@Raoul_000

Halie Jones (5-10 SR guard, Wichita, KS) has announced she's entering her name into the portal, as a grad xfer out of UTRGV WBB; played in 30 games in 2022-23, starting 9 and averaging 4.8 PPG and 3.3 RPG

4:16 PM · Mar 13, 2023
·
Views

Mikala Morris probably is a player that would help

Jones a depth pick-up with one year commitment
Halie Jones - 2022-23 - Women's Basketball - UTRGV Athletics
https://goutrgv.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/halie-jones/8653

Rose Caverly - Women's Basketball - Quinnipiac University Athletics
  • Class Graduate Student
MAAC All-Academic Team
Appeared in all 33 games with 33 starts
Averaged 8.8 points, 3.8 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game
First player in program-history to tally at least 100 assists in back-to-back seasons since Gillian "Boo" Abshire did so for four consecutive seasons (2011-2015)
https://gobobcats.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/rose-caverly/12182

Reactions: RUcrazee
Maya Chandler (5-7 JR combo guard, Martinsville, IN) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Loyola Chicago WBB; team's leading scorer in 2022-23 (10.7 PPG).

We better do better than those listed above.
I agree, but I will say I was going to dis on the MAAC until I remembered that Lou Lopez-Senechal that is leading UConn this season is a portal transfer from the MAAC (granted she was player of the year and a 3 time first teamer plus comes out of international ball). But given that UConn is UConn (unfortunately) and she is so successful there I don't feel like dissing the conference as a possible source for a spot player.

That said, I was reading a similar list elsewhere of some freshman departing teams and they didn't get any minutes on good teams. There could be a reason. Of the numerous folks Arizona lost last year only two seem to have found success, some of the others I'm not sure played.

I would point out that the Mississippi State player is departing as her team heads into the NCAAs.

I wasn’t dissing anyone including the new staff . It’s a true and factual hope that Washington can recruit at a higher level and retain whatever quality that is currently here or interested in this program. Going to take several more seasons to do what is needed.

Reactions: eso1989
The portal is where it’s at…. Two from U of Louisville just entered. I find it odd players are in the portal before the NCAA tourney even starts.

We better do better than those listed above.
Mikala Morris seems like she's worth the gamble
Rose Caverly for one year might be worth going after for depth and experience.
What do you know about Maya Chandler that makes her not worth going after.
Same for Mia Moore
You could be right better prospects can be had, but I'm wondering why you implied these portal players are not good enough?

I go by what I cull from reports on players , from scouts and coaches who not only know their strengths and weaknesses but if they fit the plan going forward. The point is we need to recruit great high school and portal players who are going to jump start this moribund program.

I go by what I cull from reports on players , from scouts and coaches who not only know their strengths and weaknesses but if they fit the plan going forward. The point is we need to recruit great high school and portal players who are going to jump start this moribund program.
Could you share what you know about the portal players mentioned in this thread.
If too much trouble to use links to sources, just say what you remember being said about thim, if you are willing to take the time to share.

Could you share what you know about the portal players mentioned in this thread.
If too much trouble to use links to sources, just say what you remember being said about thim, if you are willing to take the time to share.
Find your own sources my friend . I can’t reveal mine as I am protected as a member of the foreign press association. One of the few freedoms we still retain. Good luck with your search.

Find your own sources my friend . I can’t reveal mine as I am protected as a member of the foreign press association. One of the few freedoms we still retain. Good luck with your search.

Lots of good info here

sounds like a plan but wish you had the freedom to give a brief synopsis of the players ' capabilities without giving to much away and/or reveal your source.

Understand your lack of desire to share knowledge, the Star Ledger complained about posters on this message board sharing what it's articles had in it and threatened a lawsuit if that kept up.
So Rivals asked sharing they info stopped.
Also some foreign media outlets are tightly controlled , so they might take offense if someone with proper credentials from the USA get to see what they have, then turn around and freely share it with American sports fans or fans in other countries without permission.

Hopefully there will be someone that doesn't have your constraints on sharing what they know about these players and give some information that might help the unconnected find out if the player I mentioned and other names that might pop up are good enough or should be avoided

I actually think every player has to be considered as an individual fit.

We (Arizona) lost our (reported) troublemaker to the portal last year and she ended up with another very strong P5 program. Didn't play much there, either.

I would look for young players who are departing due to not getting a chance to play (although, a caveat - that there wasn't a reason they didn't play). Vonleh was a very well thought of recruit last year that didn't get a lot of chance at Arizona and transferred to Colorado where she had a very successful season. Another (foreign) player that transferred out ended up at a much lower level - while I don't remember the school, I was watching them in the conference championships on TV and had a great year at that level. Whether P5 was too high a level or she just didn't have a chance, who knows.

I would be more cautious of players in lower quality conferences and also am not impressed by folks entering the portal while their team is in the NCAA's. Leaves a bad taste.

sounds like a plan but wish you had the freedom to give a brief synopsis of the players ' capabilities without giving to much away and/or reveal your source.

Understand your lack of desire to share knowledge, the Star Ledger complained about posters on this message board sharing what it's articles had in it and threatened a lawsuit if that kept up.
So Rivals asked sharing they info stopped.
Also some foreign media outlets are tightly controlled , so they might take offense if someone with proper credentials from the USA get to see what they have, then turn around and freely share it with American sports fans or fans in other countries without permission.

Hopefully there will be someone that doesn't have your constraints on sharing what they know about these players and give some information that might help the unconnected find out if the player I mentioned and other names that might pop up are good enough or should be avoided
Yup, I could have done that Mad but quite frankly , you can easily do your own history and scouting analyzation on each potential player, recruit and current level
of what they could contribute to our ladies basketball program next season. You post here quite frequently so I am assigning you to cover this topic for the Chicago Sun Times. Will be anxious to see your story and how you develop as a cub sports reporter. 🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓

• Haha
Reactions: RUDiddy777
Yup, I could have done that Mad but quite frankly , you can easily do your own history and scouting analyzation on each potential player, recruit and current level
of what they could contribute to our ladies basketball program next season. You post here quite frequently so I am assigning you to cover this topic for the Chicago Sun Times. Will be anxious to see your story and how you develop as a cub sports reporter. 🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓
Why thank you Bob, but not being a member of of the press association.
( foreign or domestic) the Sun Times might not want my help and give me the same access to sources like the foreign press have.
Also with cuts to domestic news media workers, the Chicago Sun Times might not have an opening for someone without valid press accreditation.

But I assure you and everyone that I will share everything I find , on my own , about possible RU WBB portal and/or HC pickups , supplying a link to my source when possible, in order to back up any evaluation I give about how those players might fit in the RUWBB roster 😇

I’ll be expecting a blockbuster story from you by April 1 st featuring some future Scarlet Knight ladies coming into the program and your expose on our coaching staff’s inroads around WBB. I’ll be interested in seeing how you complete the task at hand. Heading to Montana next week.

This portal is about to go bonkers over the next couple of weeks. Players aren't even waiting until season ends before entering the portal. Seems like there will be soooo many in the portal that we HAVE to come away with some good players and needs filled. There are so many players to go around. We have so much going for us regarding conference, school standing, facilities, etc. There is NO WAY we can whiff this offseason.

Side note,.....Our former Scarlet Knight, Liz Martino has entered the portal again, ....a day before her JSU team is set to begin play in the 1st rd of the WNIT. Seems she may have not been a good fit with their offensive scheme that saw frequent substitution this season(sound familiar??). She struggled to get into a shooting rhythm and lost her starting spot for much of the stretch of the season. Wishing her the best in finding her true landing spot.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Wonderwhy some players leave before thir school's seas-on is over, nudged to leave ASAP by program, or just want out of there as quickly as possible.
Either way,I hope any portal player like that gets vetted intensely, if there's a mutual intreast between RU and them, in order to make sure the player isn't a problem child and that's why transferring

Alanna Micheaux (6-2 SO forward, Wayne, MI) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Minnesota WBB; 2022-23 stats: 13.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG.

Alanna Micheaux (6-2 SO forward, Wayne, MI) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Minnesota WBB; 2022-23 stats: 13.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG.
Minny better hurry and get a new coach if they want to keep their players. They have some good young talent. Micheaux is a good one with lots of potential, similar to our Chyna.

Ally Carman (6-5 FR center, Barnegat, NJ) has entered her name into the portal, out of Boston College WBB

Emma Bruen (5-7 SO combo guard, Middletown, NJ) has entered her name into the portal, out of Central Connecticut WBB.

Wonderwhy some players leave before thir school's seas-on is over, nudged to leave ASAP by program, or just want out of there as quickly as possible.
Either way,I hope any portal player like that gets vetted intensely, if there's a mutual intreast between RU and them, in order to make sure the player isn't a problem child and that's why transferring
How’s that recruiting article coming along? You have plenty of material coming forward daily on the portal front. Going down to Jackson Hole for dinner with friends.

How’s that recruiting article coming along? You have plenty of material coming forward daily on the portal front. Going down to Jackson Hole for dinner with friends.
copyright laws preventing me from publishing findings .
Seems like someone protected as a member of the foreign press association. has complained about my looking for the same sources that their member do and going to post what I find in a board that doesn't pay for information provided there which is something the foreign press association frowns on.

Rumor has it that the deadline date is the day people try to fool each other and maybe it's best that I don't share rumors on that day .
Especially with the foreign press association claiming I have no business using the same sources as they do without being a member.
Also not being a member of this boards Round Table, any info that's posted there will get a member in trouble if they share it with me and I tell it on this free board .
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Bri Bowen (5-10 FR shooting guard, Chalfont, PA) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Delaware WBB.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Ridiculous to say it's a moribund program regardless of how many preseason predictions there were on this board that the team would go winless in conference games.

This team is a few good point guards and another shooter away from being very competitive.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Hello from Bozeman MT. …. MADHAT . Your assignment on the WBB topic should not require you to , in any way shape or form to possibly compromise someone else’s work. You ‘re more than capable to independently assess the qualifications of these student athletes by visually viewing them in game situations , speaking to coaches and people who cover them throughout camps and clinics. Can’t believe you are projecting a narrative in order to back out.April 1 is just a few weeks away. Good Luck and GO R

Ridiculous to say it's a moribund program regardless of how many preseason predictions there were on this board that the team would go winless in conference games.

This team is a few good point guards and another shooter away from being very competitive.
Admittedly the women did better than expected so now is the time to bring in some added quality. We are more than a few point guards and a shooter away. Our WBB competition has certainly shown this to be factual.

Hello from Bozeman MT. …. MADHAT . Your assignment on the WBB topic should not require you to , in any way shape or form to possibly compromise someone else’s work. You ‘re more than capable to independently assess the qualifications of these student athletes by visually viewing them in game situations , speaking to coaches and people who cover them throughout camps and clinics. Can’t believe you are projecting a narrative in order to back out.April 1 is just a few weeks away. Good Luck and GO R

No can do what you ask.If that's backing out, so be it and you claim not able to share what you know ,after implying knowledge . I'll just say that's a shame and leave it like that.

So in order to stop our discussion from hijacking this thread any further,
maybe you and I need to keep tabs on this thread
Roster Next Year/Recruits Signed
because our fun , but a hijack, conversation is overas far as I'm concurened

Last edited:
No can do what you ask.If that's backing out, so be it and you claim not able to share what you know ,after implying knowledge . I'll just say that's a shame and leave it like that.

So in order to stop our discussion from hijacking this thread any further,
maybe you and I need to keep tabs on this thread
Roster Next Year/Recruits Signed
because our fun , but a hijack, conversation is overas far as I'm concurened
Who s hijacking a thread ? I’m out west in God’s Country with Bighorn Sheep, Elk , Bison , Black bears and the occasional Moose . Sorry but I’m not being facetious here I can’t divulge my sources but will say this for all. We need to bring in more talent… better players who can elevate the WBB program back to the glory days. Well gotta go off to dinner in Bozeman .Carry on MAD April 1 will be here soon.

One thing that's been weird to see play out on the Michigan side is,....

Michelle Sidor ???!

She must love the school because she hasn't seen any minutes for them since arriving there what??, four years ago??
We were just discussing her a few weeks ago. Looks like four years of no action(injury or not) was enough for Michelle. I don't blame her.
I know she probably wouldn't, but a move to come back home as a grad transfer and play plenty of minutes as our point guard ??? 🤔
Oh, well!! No homecoming to see here!

Portal is loading up already with top talent. Of particular note, DESTINY ADAMS is in the portal out of N Carolina. Also, PARIS CLARK and a slew of other players from Arizona just entered the portal. Clark, from Long Island Lutheran HS, has a style of play that makes me think of her and Hannah Hidalgo as twins.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. So much talent, gotta be enough for us to get our share. Get somebody to come back home, at the very least.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Portal is loading up already with top talent. Of particular note, DESTINY ADAMS is in the portal out of N Carolina. Also, PARIS CLARK and a slew of other players from Arizona just entered the portal. Clark, from Long Island Lutheran HS, has a style of play that makes me think of her and Hannah Hidalgo as twins.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. So much talent, gotta be enough for us to get our share. Get somebody to come back home, at the very least.
Clark is first rate. She didn't get the minutes she wanted. But I expect her to go somewhere currently competitive, I don't think she wants to be a team builder. Conner would be a useful player, but I suspect she will stay west as she was from Phoenix area. I don't know the Ware story, but she will be in demand, as she played on one of the USA international teams.

You don't want Hylton, I don't think her skills are that high.

It looks like Nnaji and our incoming recruits are staying / still coming.

Ally Carman (6-5 FR center, Barnegat, NJ) has entered her name into the portal, out of Boston College WBB
A 6'5" big from Jersey Shore. Stringer probably never even tried to recruit her.
Red Bank Catholic so ending up at BC not a surprise. Wonder why she is moving on?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT