ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein Tweet On Young

Seeing some of the clips from this trip , Young looks SUPER athletic. Dunking all over the place. If he’s shooting high percentages as well then he might be one of the best guys on the floor next season. Super super exciting if you now have Geo, Harper, and Young to rely on. And the Stony brook transfer is now gravy on top. Gotta keep the bigs healthy !!! I’m feeling a really really special season coming !!!!

Im not taking much from this trip because the competition is horrendous however, I hope this trip will show young being able to play within the flow of the offense and not being a me me me guy. We have the talent to make a run here and get into the tourney. Our top 8 is very very very legit, and thats all you need. Starting lineup of Geo, Young, Ron, Yeboah and Myles is going to cause trouble for alotttt of teams. 4 very very capable 3 point shooters and hard nose players all around. Then you can bring guys like Caleb, Tez and Shaq C off the bench, all very talented as well. The last wave, 3rd tier you have guys like Mulcahy, Kiss and Duke who can all play spot minutes and not hurt us too too much. No need to have more than an 8 man rotation though, and I hope Pike doesnt use 11 guys every night, very few successful teams do

Im not taking much from this trip because the competition is horrendous however, I hope this trip will show young being able to play within the flow of the offense and not being a me me me guy. We have the talent to make a run here and get into the tourney. Our top 8 is very very very legit, and thats all you need. Starting lineup of Geo, Young, Ron, Yeboah and Myles is going to cause trouble for alotttt of teams. 4 very very capable 3 point shooters and hard nose players all around. Then you can bring guys like Caleb, Tez and Shaq C off the bench, all very talented as well. The last wave, 3rd tier you have guys like Mulcahy, Kiss and Duke who can all play spot minutes and not hurt us too too much. No need to have more than an 8 man rotation though, and I hope Pike doesnt use 11 guys every night, very few successful teams do

this trip is Chemistry and Confidence 101.

how long has it been since RU has had this many quality players? RU's 9th player is one if its biggest recruits in a while. hard not to get excited

The strange thing is that the least talked about players that we have are probably are most important on the defensive end in Young and Mathis.

This isn't an overly athletic team with 5 to 6 high-wire acts able to impose their will on teams...it's a more balanced and fluid roster now and Young was under the radar when he transferred here and was doing well in practice all of last year.

There are still RU fans reluctant to accept praise about players "killing it" in practice when they've transferred in, because somehow that gets missed or interpreted that the player is going to be an all conference player.

Young is going to be good at what we didn't have last year, which was an ability beyond Mathis to drive and make his way to the basket. I think someone called Young a more efficient version of Corey Sanders on the offensive end.

It's Young and Mathis being able to get deflections and possible transition baskets that RU typically doesn't get. If you want to get from the high 60's to the low to mid 70's in some games, you need transition baskets and Young and Mathis should push the tempo to generate open looks for shooters we now have in 3 spots on the floor at all times.

Reactions: Scangg and NJDOVES
The strange thing is that the least talked about players that we have are probably are most important on the defensive end in Young and Mathis.

This isn't an overly athletic team with 5 to 6 high-wire acts able to impose their will on teams...it's a more balanced and fluid roster now and Young was under the radar when he transferred here and was doing well in practice all of last year.

There are still RU fans reluctant to accept praise about players "killing it" in practice when they've transferred in, because somehow that gets missed or interpreted that the player is going to be an all conference player.

Young is going to be good at what we didn't have last year, which was an ability beyond Mathis to drive and make his way to the basket. I think someone called Young a more efficient version of Corey Sanders on the offensive end.

It's Young and Mathis being able to get deflections and possible transition baskets that RU typically doesn't get. If you want to get from the high 60's to the low to mid 70's in some games, you need transition baskets and Young and Mathis should push the tempo to generate open looks for shooters we now have in 3 spots on the floor at all times.
Jacob Young will be the best on-ball defender we’ve had since I started watching RU bball in the early 2000’s. Kid is SICK on the defensive end. Paul Gause seton hall good on the defensive end

Jacob Young will be the best on-ball defender we’ve had since I started watching RU bball in the early 2000’s. Kid is SICK on the defensive end. Paul Gause seton hall good on the defensive end

Where'd you hear this?

If true, that'd be fantastic.

I see some Sanders comparisons.

Where'd you hear this?

If true, that'd be fantastic.

I see some Sanders comparisons.
Im friends with alot of UT alums (who didnt speak highly of young tbh, im in austin right now actually) and they told me he is a sick on ball defender. Tape dont lie either watch UT’s game vs nevada ncaa tourney 2018.

Reactions: Scangg
Im friends with alot of UT alums (who didnt speak highly of young tbh, im in austin right now actually) and they told me he is a sick on ball defender. Tape dont lie either watch UT’s game vs nevada ncaa tourney 2018.
Can’t take what jilted fans have to say about a player who left them( see our threads about EO) too seriously,

Reactions: rubaseball78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT