ADVERTISEMENT

RU Athletics caught lying about football attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTimeAthletics

Redshirt
Sep 27, 2023
Rutgers announced a crowd of 40,065 for the Wagner game.

Unfortunately for the RU athletic department, modern day cell phones are equipped with cameras.

Here are a few more pictures showing a vast number of empty seats.

The Rutgers athletic department has been lying about football attendance for years, as proven by the FOIA request made last year by NJ.com that showed the school inflating numbers by as many as 20,000 per game. President Holloway needs to tell Pat Hobbs to stop his department from doing this because it's embarrassing the university. Show some integrity and start telling the truth!

Last edited:
For the 900th time, most schools and teams do not report the actual physical attendance in the game.

They report the amount of tickets distributed, which include comp tickets, and tickets that were sold, and also included are the concession workers as well as the players and staff.

This is not something new, so if you’re going to post something on here like that, at least do a little bit of research and realize that every single team does this.

Unfortunately for the RU athletic department, modern day cell phones are equipped with cameras.

The Rutgers athletic department has been lying about football attendance for years, as proven by the FOIA request made last year by NJ.com that showed the school inflating numbers by as many as 20,000 per game. President Holloway needs to tell Pat Hobbs to stop his department from doing this because it's embarrassing the university. Show some integrity and start telling the truth!
I'm amazed that people whine so much about this. Who, outside of a few on thus board, gives a crap? Does the general public care? No. People who worry about this should sit down and rank all the good and bad things in the world and see where the accuracy of RU football attendance ranks. I've had cancer twice and a stroke, but have 3 great daughters and 7 healthy, almist perfect grandkids. RU football attendance numbers doesn't even make the list.

The Rutgers athletic department has been lying about football attendance for years, as proven by the FOIA request made last year by NJ.com that showed the school inflating numbers by as many as 20,000 per game. President Holloway needs to tell Pat Hobbs to stop his department from doing this because it's embarrassing the university. Show some integrity and start telling the truth
Donald Trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

For the 900th time, most schools and teams do not report the actual physical attendance in the game.

They report the amount of tickets distributed, which include comp tickets, and tickets that were sold, and also included are the concession workers as well as the players and staff.

This is not something new, so if you’re going to post something on here like that, at least do a little bit of research and realize that every single team does this.
Pizza-workers, Boardwalk attendees and the “carnies” bumped up the numbers…

Angry Fox Tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Fox Tv Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Why start a thread with the attendance prediction then? Goes under the heading WGAS, WGAF. Go to the game and cheer for your team. Stop complaining about $1 pizza, how many people are there, etc. etc. The train horn is a legitimate complaint.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
On another note when do we get a stadium filled like yesterday at Iowa? Will winning cure that?

On another note when do we get a stadium filled like yesterday at Iowa? Will winning cure that?
That’s great, but they’re a ranked team. How did 1-3 VT which we beat the wheels off manage to mostly fill their place against Pitt?

Reactions: scarletrock

Professor Killingsworth, how are you doing?

When you think you have seen all the AH ‘s we get clowns with post number 1 criticizing attendance against Wagner .

Why start a thread with the attendance prediction then? Goes under the heading WGAS, WGAF. Go to the game and cheer for your team. Stop complaining about $1 pizza, how many people are there, etc. etc. The train horn is a legitimate complaint.
Because I actually do give a shit

I was embarrassed yesterday by the attendance - it was beyond abysmal and a borderline disgrace

I don’t know what they need to do to change things, but I do have many ideas which I’ve shared that havent gotten anywhere

I hate to say it, but if I’m a top recruit and I saw that yesterday, unless they threw me a huge NIL deal, there’s no chance I’d come here

Once again this troll is grinding his personal axe under a new name which he just registered. He has been banned well over a 100 times under multiple names for always engaging in this behavior. This name will now join that list (along with the name he's currently been using to like his own posts, RU2K4).

I was embarrassed yesterday by the attendance - it was beyond abysmal and a borderline disgrace

I don’t know what they need to do to change things, but I do have many ideas which I’ve shared that havent gotten anywhere

I hate to say it, but if I’m a top recruit and I saw that yesterday, unless they threw me a huge NIL deal, there’s no chance I’d come here
Embarrassed? By the inaction of other people you do not know?
Disagrace? Really? People were dealing with flooding and cleanup in various parts of the state. Maybe the less than hard core fans were preoccupied with more important things in their lives.

Embarrassed? By the inaction of other people you do not know?
Disagrace? Really? People were dealing with flooding and cleanup in various parts of the state. Maybe the less than hard core fans were preoccupied with more important things in their lives.
Stop
That attendance was atrocious
Students were non existent
It was embarrassing

Reactions: RU22

Rule #1 - Don't schedule a shitty game against a FCS school.

Reactions: RU22

So, BigTimeAthletics is 1 of your sock accounts?

Stop
That attendance was atrocious
Students were non existent
It was embarrassing

So, BigTimeAthletics is 1 of your sock accounts?

Please don't mistake that troll for JayDog: JayDog has legitimate concerns, some of which are valid and some of which we disagree with. And we can discuss it civilly between us.

No, you stop. In the grand scheme of the game and life, nobody but a few drama queens give a flying f.
Student section was full at kickoff. I have a picture, as I took a video of the Chop banner. I don't have time to upload and post.
How many people do you know who got flooded out? Absent of Asbury park and a couple sections other, it was predominantly Brooklyn & Long Island

The student section was not filled, it was not even close to filled. We entered the game with 10 minutes before kickoff and stayed the entire time - again, not even close

I give a ****, because recruits give a ****. And if recruits, give a ****, we will not be getting them.

And if we will not get them, we will continue to be mediocre.

And I do not enjoy watching mediocre football when we have the potential to be so much more.

Please don't mistake that troll for JayDog: JayDog has legitimate concerns, some of which are valid and some of which we disagree with. And we can discuss it civilly between us.
I have no earthly idea who big-time athletics are any of these other trolls are, that’s not my jam to come out to message board and troll. I’m posting because like you guys, I actually care and want the best for this program. End of story.

Rule #1 - Don't schedule a shitty game against a FCS school.
Or, if you do because you’re still in the building stages and you’re trying to reach a bowl game, and these bodybag games are an essentially a guaranteed win, and most if not all teams have patsies on the schedule, you make the game homecoming. If you have that has homecoming, he will get a much larger crowd, and some significant excitement in the place.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
We had planned to attend, but had a last minute conflict. Tried to give my tickets to several other families that sometimes use our tickets when we can't and got no takers.

GIF by Giphy QA

Reactions: RW90 and koleszar
Wall Street Journal analyzed college football attendance. Only one school reports honestly, Navy.

Rutgers exaggerated attendance by more than 100,000 during the season analyzed. Hobbs was one of the bigger inflators but not close to the worst. Purdue saw attendance jump by more than 13,000, the biggest increase in college football. When asked how many tickets were scanned, Purdue answered "user error" prevented Purdue from providing real figures. The NCAA.believes the attendance figures the schools provide it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001 (behind paywall)

Maybe one day NCAA imposes a uniform standard. I doubt it. Nebraska's fake sell out streak, and Michigan's bogus 100,000+ run, would suddenly end.

Most importantly, college football attendance, like newspaper circulation, is in the midst of a multidecade decline. Why not cover up the attendance decline by inflating the figures, especially when the governing body looks the other way?

Once again this troll is grinding his personal axe under a new name which he just registered. He has been banned well over a 100 times under multiple names for always engaging in this behavior. This name will now join that list (along with the name he's currently been using to like his own posts, RU2K4).
Presumably, you’re banning him by IP address too, yes? So he’s using a VPN or, worse, making the effort to spoof his IP. Which demonstrates a seriously high level of obsessive looser-ness.

Would be a PITA for you mods, but does the Rivals platform support having new users go through a probationary period where their first N posts must be reviewed before appearing on the forum? That would put an end to the trolls.

Could do the same with locking out the ability to give likes (or other reactions). Wait until the user clears the probationary post requirement before they can like stuff. That takes care of some of the like-accounts. Would piss off some of the CE boarders who have been using additional accounts to do that over the years, though.

• Wow
Reactions: 29PAS and newell138
Wall Street Journal analyzed college football attendance. Only one school reports honestly, Navy.

Rutgers exaggerated attendance by more than 100,000 during the season analyzed. Hobbs was one of the bigger inflators but not close to the worst. Purdue saw attendance jump by more than 13,000, the biggest increase in college football. When asked how many tickets were scanned, Purdue answered "user error" prevented Purdue from providing real figures. The NCAA.believes the attendance figures the schools provide it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001 (behind paywall)

Maybe one day NCAA imposes a uniform standard. I doubt it. Nebraska's fake sell out streak, and Michigan's bogus 100,000+ run, would suddenly end.

Most importantly, college football attendance, like newspaper circulation, is in the midst of a multidecade decline. Why not cover up the attendance decline by inflating the figures, especially when the governing body looks the other way?
Why would the NCAA care about a school’s reported attendance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT