ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball RU Baseball to open up against Miami

Excellent ! We are in the Big Ten and should not be going down to Florida to play rinky dink teams like Manhattan, Penn, Boston University, Iona, etc.

Definitely not a confidence builder for the Rutgers pitching staff. Would be nice once or twice a decade for Miami to visit Rutgers for a midweek doubleheader later in the season, perhaps replacing a Lafayette or Wagner on the schedule.

Everyone needs to stop complaining about playing Miami. I get it, it’s not easy to open with Miami. However, Rutgers did lighten up their schedule last year. It’s also not easy being a northeast team when it comes to baseball. Scheduling sucks, and I’m sure opening with Miami a billion years in a row makes scheduling the rest of the year that much easier.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Matt, I know. Playing schools like that is fine in the middle of the week. Everybody does it. Just like to see us playing top teams when we head to Florida.

Also what people aren't realizing is playing Miami every year is a big recruiting tool. Do you think recruits want to see us travel to Florida A&M to play at a crappy field just so our record looks better? Not a way to reel in kids who want to play big time baseball. A schedule loaded with big, brand names is what you want

Reactions: biazza38
When he had it going, Fred Hill played several top southern teams early each year on weekends and he still wound up having good overall records. The schedule is not the problem it is the talent that needs to be upgraded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT