ADVERTISEMENT

RU BTN Night Games: at Penn State, vs. Michigan State

Re: BTN Primetime Games Announced at 3

Eastern...5 minutes.

Word out of Penn State is one home game time will be announced. Rumor is its the Rutgers game.

Saturday, Sept. 12 S. Alabama at Nebraska

Saturday, Sept. 19 Rutgers at Penn State

Saturday, Sept. 26 Hawaii at Wisconsin

Saturday, Oct. 3 Michigan at Maryland

Saturday, Oct. 10 Michigan State at Rutgers

Saturday, Nov. 14 Minnesota at Iowa
This post was edited on 4/13 3:05 PM by Tango Two

BTN Night Games

Rutgers at Penn State
Michigan State at Rutgers

Nice. Rutgers only school with 2 primetime games on BTN.

Still have a feeling ESPN will pick up OSU at Rutgers on Primetime...their schedule should be announced this week.

Rutgers Featured Twice

This is good news....

As long as we get off to a good start, ...I would expect that Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan and Nebraska would be ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 games...

If the TTFP game is the white out...we need to MAKE the statement...and wear a LOT of red. A lot

Would make the victory that much sweeter, but hate we have TTFP at night... They play so much better under the lights, like against OSU this year

Our game is at night! This makes my trip up from Virginia easier. Drive up in the morning tailgate all tail and flop in some hotel after the game, sweet!

Well damn. I'm excited it's a night game because the atmosphere will be particularly awesome, but no way anyone's going to get to a hotel before 2AM. I'm flying in and out of Pittsburgh so at least Saturday I can take my time getting there. My flight out is Sunday afternoon so I guess I'll sleep somewhere near Altoona or Johnstown for a couple of hours.

Pleeeeeeeeease win.

Winning at Penn State for a white out game is very difficult as Ohio State saw last season.The new Rutgers starter at quarterback better be ready for a intense pass rush.Franklin wants a blow out win to keep the advantage he has in recruiting NJ.This is a must win for Flood.

I'm pretty much guaranteed out for MSU because of this......sucks for me

Just curious is this an 8PM or 7PM game?

Originally posted by Proud NJ Sports Fan:
Was hoping for an afternoon tilt at PSU to tailgate early morning, catch the game then grab a sit down dinner and bar hop that night.

I may not go now.
do it in reverse....sit down breakfast, bar hop, game.

i prefer a 4PM or a 6PM game but the late night games are fun too....bar hopping in state college is fun but the tailgating fields for this will be a blast and should be open most of the day

I was hoping that this would be a night game and had thought it would be. Personally, I would also like to see it be a whiteout. That being said, I can't remember a whiteout in September. It might actually come down to Franklin. If he wants this to look and feel like a rivalry game, he would simply find a way to get it a whiteout. If he wants the game to be downplayed, then he doesn't. I'd much rather see this as the whiteout game of the season vs. it being against Illinois.

Originally posted by kjb32812:
I was hoping that this would be a night game and had thought it would be. Personally, I would also like to see it be a whiteout. That being said, I can't remember a whiteout in September. It might actually come down to Franklin. If he wants this to look and feel like a rivalry game, he would simply find a way to get it a whiteout. If he wants the game to be downplayed, then he doesn't. I'd much rather see this as the whiteout game of the season vs. it being against Illinois.
agree with your premise but nobody is putting Illinois PSU on primetime. Michigan obviously has a big name but it's so late in season, just before break, and both teams could underwhelm which would hurt turnout and potentially look bad. Also, ahve to hope someone is willing to make it a guaranteed night game.

Awesome!
But those are going to be really tough games to win.

PSU is really difficult to beat at home and MSU is the 2nd best team in the B1G.

Originally posted by Scarlet_Scourge:
Awesome!

PSU is really difficult to beat at home and MSU is the 2nd best team in the B1G.
Unless of course you check the history. PSU is 2-4 in last 6 white outs with one of those wins coming in 4 OT in a game that showed how bad a coach Hoke was.

The @ Penn state white should be great....I will definitely make the drive from Columbus

MSU at night is just too perfect.

1. We get a bye week beforehand, with extra time to prepare/heal.

2. It's MSU's first away game of the season + They'll be looking ahead for the "Big Brother" game which is the following week.

3. The atmosphere will be NUCLEAR. Packed to the brim for sure. Our guys will be so jacked up

the makings of a primetime upset? cant wait
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Proud NJ Sports Fan:
Was hoping for an afternoon tilt at PSU to tailgate early morning, catch the game then grab a sit down dinner and bar hop that night.

I may not go now.
State College is actually a very cool college town to visit...and Friday/Saturday nights the lil town is jumping on game day weekends.

If you can afford the high hotel prices in State College on football weekends...its well worth it...many cool bars/restaurants, etc...all basically right there on college ave to hit up.

While some roads into/out of State College have been widen in recent years...game day traffic sucks...but having a night game should help with pre-game traffic (fans will have basically 12 hours to get there), post-game traffic will be a nightmare.

Originally posted by vkj91:

Originally posted by Scarlet_Scourge:
Awesome!

Unless of course you check the history. PSU is 2-4 in last 6 white outs with one of those wins coming in 4 OT in a game that showed how bad a coach Hoke was.
That's a fair point, VK. However, another fair point is.....those 4 losses came against Ohio State twice, Alabama, and Iowa who won the Orange Bowl that year (09). So, not sure if you're putting your team amongst those 3 (including 2 national champs)....especially this year.

Originally posted by ScarletKnightRider:

2. It's MSU's first away game ofFs forhe season + They'll be looking ahead for the "Big Brother" game which is the following week.

3. The atmosphere will be NUCLEAR. Packed to the brim for sure. Our guys will be so jacked up

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Nuclear??? All night games have a great atmosphere but nothing will beat Penn State last year. First Big Ten game against what most Rutgers fans consider Rutgers main rival.

As for the Penn State good luck getting a room. Night game makes it a must stay over and they dont have enough hotels as it is.

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
Originally posted by ScarletKnightRider:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Nuclear??? All night games have a great atmosphere but nothing will beat Penn State last year. First Big Ten game against what most Rutgers fans consider Rutgers main rival.

As for the Penn State good luck getting a room. Night game makes it a must stay over and they dont have enough hotels as it is.
Anybody who plans on going to this game should be on the phone with their local RV place today. Probably won't cost a mote than a crap hotel room and the experience in the RV lots is great.

Originally posted by PSUPALY:
Unless of course you check the history. PSU is 2-4 in last 6 white outs[/B] with one of those wins coming in 4 OT in a game that showed how bad a coach Hoke was.
That's a fair point, VK. However, another fair point is.....those 4 losses came against Ohio State twice, Alabama, and Iowa who won the Orange Bowl that year (09). So, not sure if you're putting your team amongst those 3 (including 2 national champs)....especially this year.
True but your team ain't exactly what it used to be either. I've been to three of those white outs and it can be electric but you also have to agree it's not guaranteed. Up until about 6 minutes to go last year the only noise you heard were boos and bitching about Franklin and your punter. Michigan wasn't much better until Hoke thought the dive was the only play he could call for some reason.

both games make sense.

PSU vs RU is a regional game that did very well for the BTN last year. Since RU is not officially part of the B10 tv package it makes sense to give BTN the MSU game too. They enjoyed coming to Piscataway for 2 games last year and this is their chance to do it again.

So my guesses for TV games:
BTN - PSU, MSU, Norfolk St, Indiana, Maryland (last 3 are not announced yet)

ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNU - Wash St, Kansas - not announced but my guess

ABC / ESPN / ESPN2 - Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska - not announced yet but these are the best tv teams in the B10

CBS / CBS Sports - Army (Army's tv contract)

Anybody who plans on going to this game should be on the phone with their local RV place today. Probably won't cost a mote than a crap hotel room and the experience in the RV lots is great.
Many in college football consider PSU as almost the "Grandfather" of RV Tailgating...as there were always so few hotels in State College that so many fans bought RV's just so they would have a place to stay for the weekend. (State College still has such a tiny percentage of hotels rooms compared to many other college towns/cities...even though PSU's stadium is double the size of others).

Prior to some campus expansions in recent years...PSU use to have the largest RV on-campus lots in all of college football.

I think over the last decade or so, some off-campus RV lots have opened...but one of the most impressive sites in all of college football was to see a SEA of RV's at PSU games...as it rivaled RV lots at Talladega.

Originally posted by PSUPALY:

Unless of course you check the history. PSU is 2-4 in last 6 white outs[/B] with one of those wins coming in 4 OT in a game that showed how bad a coach Hoke was.
True but your team ain't exactly what it used to be either. I've been to three of those white outs and it can be electric but you also have to agree it's not guaranteed. Up until about 6 minutes to go last year the only noise you heard were boos and bitching about Franklin and your punter. Michigan wasn't much better until Hoke thought the dive was the only play he could call for some reason.
oh trust me...I know. absolutely nothing's guaranteed. i honestly thought we would lose the OSU game last year by 50...easy. but there we were.....a nut hair away from beating the national champs last year....and we sucked!

Michigan had no business blowing that 2013 game.....but they did, so f*ck em. that being said...we had something to do with that win....Hack was so clutch in that 4th quarter. anyway...I get the point. no...we're not on the same level as our 08, 09 teams....i know this, all reasonable PSU fans no this. However, we're going to better than last year.

so, then there's our game this year. as of now...lol.....we should win this game. does that mean it'll happen?....who knows. I feel silly saying that after everything we just said, nothing's gauranteed and such, and it's effin April. but the stars aren't alligning in Rutgers favor on this one. you guys are banking on Rettig to light it up (and yeah, we're banking on Franklin not being B Hoke). I'm not saying that won't happen, but man...that's quite optimistic. but hey...we'll see. he'll have 2 warm up games (WSU's terrible....just run the ball 50 times)....but then he'll have a bit of a different atmosphere come Sept 19th.

brass tax...the expectation to beat Rutgers this year will be far greater than it was for Rutgers to beat us last year (even though we were favored some how).

it'll be fun, nonetheless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT