ADVERTISEMENT

RU BTN Night Games: at Penn State, vs. Michigan State

Originally posted by vkj91:

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
Originally posted by ScarletKnightRider:
MSU at night is just too perfect.

1. We get a bye week beforehand, with extra time to prepare/heal.

the makings of a primetime upset? cant wait
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Nuclear??? All night games have a great atmosphere but nothing will beat Penn State last year. First Big Ten game against what most Rutgers fans consider Rutgers main rival.

As for the Penn State good luck getting a room. Night game makes it a must stay over and they dont have enough hotels as it is.
Anybody who plans on going to this game should be on the phone with their local RV place today. Probably won't cost a mote than a crap hotel room and the experience in the RV lots is great.
This.

The RV lot is top notch and I like to think that visitors have a fantastic experience there. A second option would be to simply rent a house for the weekend if you have a large enough group. I have no idea why someone would pay $300/night with a two night minimum anymore. There are much better options out there that provide a better experience and allow you save some money on the food cost that a hotel will likely bring. That's just me though.

Since it is a Saturday night game, I would also suggest that, if getting an RV, look into staying at Gram and Paps in Bellefonte on Friday night. Cheaper and allows you to build a fire. My guess is that we will camp there Friday and then roll into the RV lot on Saturday morning. Gram and Paps also has cabins (they actually call them wooden tents) if you are trying to save on cost. About a 10-15 minute drive from downtown and the stadium.

I'll definitely have a spare ticket for this game if any of you guys want to ride along. Bring a lot of beer.

Wife told me she is filing this week.

I'll definitely have a spare ticket for this game if any of you guys want to ride along. Bring a lot of beer.

Originally posted by NorthJersey:

Sorry dude. I remember you posting that she wanted to go "find herself", we all know what that means.

get a good lawyer and don't give her anything. Women don't leave a good thing unless they wanna monkey branch.

I would buy you a beer if you're in Jersey City.

This post was edited on 4/14 12:07 PM by Rokodesh

Originally posted by Scarlet_Scourge:
Any good PA beers than are not sold in New Jersey?
haha...I'm sure you guys have what we got. but Ottos & Elk Creek are going to be the local craft beers you might want to try. if you're really hardcore, find Zeno's Pub on W College Ave, and you'll find anything you want.

Not necessarily PA beers but here are some names you don't have in NJ:
BellsChurch Works BreweryCoronadoDeschutesFatheads
There are many others but those are the ones that jumped out at me. I'm sure most people have had Bells (and I'm not a fan anyhow) but if you haven't had Deschutes or Fatheads then definitely give them a try. Fatheads is a Pittsburgh/Cleveland brewery and fantastic, limited distribution beer.

I've linked you up if you want to see the comparison between NJ and PA distribution.

http://seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

Originally posted by NorthJersey:

You have my empathy. Some things end while other things begin. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT