ADVERTISEMENT

RU grad Taryn Hatcher joining B1G Network crew

It says a lot that you view an almost universal simple opinion that your argument was bad as “Bob hate”.

Just take the L
Universal ? Only by the same who view men ‘ participation in women’s sports as a great thing. See that’s your L Honi.

Universal ? Only by the same who view men ‘ participation in women’s sports as a great thing. See that’s your L Honi.
I don’t mind a hot woman as eye candy for the sideline reporting.

I’m sorry if you are afraid that the hot woman being on camera for 30 seconds might cut into the time you get to spend leering at the men in tight football pants.

Really ? You compare sideline jibber jabber for actual concrete experience in the sport? Classic ESPN…

If you apply that standard to male announcers who didn't play college or pro sports a lot of people are going to be looking for work. The first name that comes to mind is Marv Albert

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
I have see. This young lady way before you heard about Taryn. No offense to her but it does nothing for most who played sports at that level or beyond. Feel sorry that you can’t see the difference on this hire.
There is something wrong with you. get checked. It is as if you look in every thread and ask yourself, to what here can I disagree in the most disagreeable way possible?

Taryn’s Career At Large

source link

Taryn Hatcher began her career as a social media manager at iHeartMedia in 2013, and she worked there for five months, beginning in April and ending in August of that same year. Upon the conclusion of that chapter of her career in August 2013, she began working as an intern with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. She interned until December of that year. During her time there, she assisted with both in-studio and field reporting duties. After that, Hatcher began working for CBS as a sports intern in January 2014 and remained in that role for six months.​
When it was time for her to move on from that internship, she began working for RVision as a sports announcer, sideline reporter, and producer in April and remained in those roles until January of 2015. During this portion of her career, Hatcher also began working for Big Ten Network as a sideline reporter in September 2014 and continued in that capacity until January of 2015.​
After that, she started working for Hawaii News Today as a sports anchor and reporter, where she remained employed for more than three years, until July 2018.​
She then was employed by NBC Sports Philadelphia as a reporter and host for the Flyers in that same year. As of last year, she was replaced by Ashlyn Sullivan who works alongside Al Morganti and Scott Hartnell, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. She then began reporting from the Wells Fargo Center during certain Sixers games. She currently is the host of “Birds Huddle” for the Eagles.​

Last edited:
Does Taryn Hatcher plan to stay with NBC sports in Philly, where she's part of the crew that does Phillies games? We see her only occasionally on-air and wish we saw her more -- she's smart and informed as well as very easy on the eyes.

As for @RUBOB72, this thread confirms that I was not mistaken when I put the gentleman on "ignore."

There is something wrong with you. get checked.

Taryn’s Career At Large

source link

Taryn Hatcher began her career as a social media manager at iHeartMedia in 2013, and she worked there for five months, beginning in April and ending in August of that same year. Upon the conclusion of that chapter of her career in August 2013, she began working as an intern with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. She interned until December of that year. During her time there, she assisted with both in-studio and field reporting duties. After that, Hatcher began working for CBS as a sports intern in January 2014 and remained in that role for six months.​
When it was time for her to move on from that internship, she began working for RVision as a sports announcer, sideline reporter, and producer in April and remained in those roles until January of 2015. During this portion of her career, Hatcher also began working for Big Ten Network as a sideline reporter in September 2014 and continued in that capacity until January of 2015.​
After that, she started working for Hawaii News Today as a sports anchor and reporter, where she remained employed for more than three years, until July 2018.​
She then was employed by NBC Sports Philadelphia as a reporter and host for the Flyers in that same year. As of last year, she was replaced by Ashlyn Sullivan who works alongside Al Morganti and Scott Hartnell, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. She then began reporting from the Wells Fargo Center during certain Sixers games. She currently is the host of “Birds Huddle” for the Eagles.​

Nothing personal about Ms. Hatcher but she I will be fine “ on the sideline”. She can report and all will be fine. This was about not being qualified to be inside BTN as a studio analyst. In a few years AI will be replacing most if not all of them .​

I don’t mind a hot woman as eye candy for the sideline reporting.

I’m sorry if you are afraid that the hot woman being on camera for 30 seconds might cut into the time you get to spend leering at the men in tight football pants.
I married a woman who honestly was and still is considered a great looking woman. You can make your assumptions my friend … you would swallow your cud . As for the tight pants comment I’ll let you think about that.

I married a woman who honestly was and still is considered a great looking woman. You can make your assumptions my friend … you would swallow your cud . As for the tight pants comment I’ll let you think about that.
I am not going to make any judgements on you finding a beard. Good for you.

All I know is that you got pretty worked up that the BTN hired an attractive female instead of an aged-out male athlete.

I am not going to make any judgements on you finding a beard. Good for you.

All I know is that you got pretty worked up that the BTN hired an attractive female instead of an aged-out male athlete.
Not in the least worked up. It appears that it WORKED the same ones who always seem to be the defenders of Taryn Hatcher. Like I said It’s not about Taryn . She ain’t that attractive and I speak from knowing many good looking women for many years ….there are many attractive women.

Not in the least worked up. It appears that it WORKED the same ones who always seem to be the defenders of Taryn Hatcher. Like I said It’s not about Taryn . She ain’t that attractive and I speak from knowing many good looking women for many years ….there are many attractive women.
It’s a little late to try that angle, you aren’t fooling anyone about your sexuality at this point.

Wait - why would my boyfriend know about your qualifications? Do you have relations with him?

You can’t even deliver a joke, ya dope

It’s a little late to try that angle, you aren’t fooling anyone about your sexuality at this point.
It’s no angle from me . You are not bright enough to understand that. You in particular are in need of a woman .

Man this thread got hijacked by Sideshow Bob or should I say Debbie Downer. Hopefully RUBob doesn’t eat his offspring for dinner.

Congrats to the RU alum.

GO RU

For comparison, Erin Andrews got her first media job for Fox in Florida at age 22. Moved to ESPN two years later. College sports experience consisted of being on dance team

Well Bob did it. He brought the whole board together. What a dumb argument he's got going on here tonight. Taryn has been doing this for 10+ years and is more qualified than most out there.
The whole board? No , the same usual suspects. That’s why you came over to the conversation. Back on ignore Zak57 .
Well Bob did it. He brought the whole board together. What a dumb argument he's got going on here tonight. Taryn has been doing this for 10+ years and is more qualified than most out there.

Man this thread got hijacked by Sideshow Bob or should I say Debbie Downer. Hopefully RUBob doesn’t eat his offspring for dinner.

Congrats to the RU alum.

GO RU
One thing about this board you missed the point about Taryn. Sideline reporter is all she should be. She doesn’t have the qualifying resume to be inside the Originally posters questioned why RU did not have a Rutgers studio analyst at BTN . Fact is they needed a sideline person . Fuch is not cute enough for most .

Congrats to the RU alum.

GO RU
My offspring would laugh at your baseless defense of this lady.

We realize Taryn Hatcher holds a law degree and played high school soccer. Beyond that what qualifies her for BTN - Rutgers sports? Maybe soccer ? Were former male athletes disqualified ? Or did BTN need a female face and take on the show?

Are you a dumbass?

The whole board? No , the same usual suspects. That’s why you came over to the conversation. Back on ignore Zak57 .

One thing about this board you missed the point about Taryn. Sideline reporter is all she should be. She doesn’t have the qualifying resume to be inside the Originally posters questioned why RU did not have a Rutgers studio analyst at BTN . Fact is they needed a sideline person . Fuch is not cute enough for most .
Well the article clearly states that she is going to be a sideline reporter, so why the problem? Maybe you should be complaining about Lisa Byington who will be doing games, even though she never played football either ( although she did play soccer andbasketball in college)

She's a journalist/reporter not a color commentator. Has 10 years of experience doing it too. Do you even watch sports?

Bob's favorite cartoon character:

aYpq6ZI.jpg

Reactions: RUPete
We realize Taryn Hatcher holds a law degree and played high school soccer. Beyond that what qualifies her for BTN - Rutgers sports? Maybe soccer ? Were former male athletes disqualified ? Or did BTN need a female face and take on the show?
Besides what she's done, she looks like this

Is this a joke or just you?

If you apply that standard to male announcers who didn't play college or pro sports a lot of people are going to be looking for work. The first name that comes to mind is Marv Albert
Hey Marv can rock a pair of stockings too

Is this a joke or just you?
It was an opinion and not a misogynistic take on Taryn Hatcher. She is a Rutgers grad and lawyer … an attractive young lady but sideline reporter is what her past resume and jobs qualified her for as a sideline reporter. The Rutgers fanboys wanted an RU person in the studio . Is that a fact or not? It was a misinterpretation that she had gotten a BTN analyst studio job. She did not and that was my error.

Reactions: RUStriker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT