ADVERTISEMENT

RU grad Taryn Hatcher joining B1G Network crew

Taryn is awesome. Strong, intelligent, and a great sense of humor.

Sorry @RUBOB72, but you're clearly unqualified to judge her in any way.
I'm on her side 1000%, but i'd be willing to bet she's not that strong. Awesome, funny, sure. Add talented and a good hire to the list and other positives. But strong ?

• Angry
Reactions: RUStriker
I'm on her side 1000%, but i'd be willing to bet she's not that strong. Awesome, funny, sure. Add talented and a good hire to the list and other positives. But strong ?

She is a woman working quite successfully in a male dominated field and has to navigate cranky old guys like Bob on the daily I’d assume. To not only survive but thrive in that environment has got to demonstrate some sort of strength I’d imagine.

She is a woman working quite successfully in a male dominated field and has to navigate cranky old guys like Bob on the daily I’d assume. To not only survive but thrive in that environment has got to demonstrate some sort of strength I’d imagine.

So you really not on her side 100%.
I am in terms of qualifications for the job. Strength isn't on that list, obviously.

Dude, so you know how much she bench presses and squats? I hope you haven't been stalking her in the gym.

She presents as a strong-minded person; inner strength. I'm not talking about lifting things up and putting them down.

Reactions: RC1991
As you know, Shelby was poking fun @ Mildew's characterization. Was an odd word to list, first no less.
Actually- when describing a person, "strong" is often the first thing mention. Regardless if it is a kid, woman, skinny guy or a power lifter. It is not exclusive to lifting weights. What the hell do they teach up there in Syracuse?

I have see. This young lady way before you heard about Taryn. No offense to her but it does nothing for most who played sports at that level or beyond. Feel sorry that you can’t see the difference on this hire.

As someone who works in the industry…i can say that being an athlete at this level or beyond is not a requirement for most sideline jobs.

She’s not an analyst…she has extensive interview experience and has covered a whole bunch of sports. What else do you want?

Reactions: Knight Shift
As someone who works in the industry…i can say that being an athlete at this level or beyond is not a requirement for most sideline jobs.

She’s not an analyst…she has extensive interview experience and has covered a whole bunch of sports. What else do you want?
He wants a male former athlete!

She's beautiful for sure. But also a whole lot more than just that.
The main criteria for women sports on-air personalities: Articulate, charismatic, knowledgeable about sports, hot. For men it's the same, but it helps if they played the sport, and they don't have to be hot.

I have to assume Bob is fuming with smoke coming out of his ears unable to respond here due to his likely ban.

She presents as a strong-minded person; inner strength. I'm not talking about lifting things up and putting them down.

Of course. Was joking. However, Shelby still thinks strength as you ( and he) define is not what makes her good it what she does. Strength isn’t a particular talent. She’s knowledgeable, intelligent and speaks well. Those are talents. Talents Fooch doesn’t have. He’s a terrible representative of our institution of higher learning.

Compared to Fooch, Chris Russo is extraordinarily eloquent.

I don’t think he did anything to violate forum rules. So I doubt he was banned. If being obsessively foolish and wrong about stuff was getting people banned, the CE board couldn’t exist.
I actually agree…not ban worthy. Doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the visual.

Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT