ADVERTISEMENT

RU Playing ND In Vegas NIL Tourney

In addition to noting RU/ND will be an opening matchup, the article states these important items:

*Organizers have been in negotiations with MGM Resorts International to hold future games at any or all of its three major venues: T-Mobile Arena, MGM Grand Garden Arena and Michelob ULTRA Arena. The 2024 version will either be split at MGM Grand Garden Arena and T-Mobile Arena, or all at MGM Grand. This means no games will be held at Michelob ULTRA Arena this year.

*The tentative schedule for 2024 is to play games on Nov. 26, 27 and 29, with Thanksgiving an off-day, but that is still subject to tweaking.

Since I plan on attending, I'm hoping all games will be played at MGM Grand. It'll make it very easy to get to the games. There's a monorail stop at MGM.

I don’t think everyone realized this - we will play Notre Dame, but only ONE of Alabama and Houston. The 3rd game will be against a team from the other side of the bracket.

It says after the first 2 games, the 2-0 teams from each bracket will meet in a championship, and everyone else will be matched up based on records, but conference teams cant play (so we cant play Oregon and Bama cant play Texas A&M).

So I imagine the bracket will look like for us:
Game 1 RU-ND
Game 2 Bama- Houston
Say RU and Houston win, we play Houston, ND plays Bama.

If we win again and are 2-0, we play the 2-0 team from the other bracket (not Oregon, so either Texas A&M, Creighton, or SDSU will be our 3rd opponent). 1-1s play the other 1-1s, 0-2s probably play each other also.

That’s kind of disappointing, I wanted to play both Houston (revenge) and Alabama (Cliff). But sounds like we will only play 1.

It’s an interesting tournament and format . So the teams will be playing 3 games in 4 days ? It’ll be a really tough test for a young team trying to form and make style adjustments that early in the season. But ND as game 1 is probably our best matchup

Notre Dame roster loaded with transfers from northeast area programs - St. Joseph, Lehigh, Penn, Princeton, Seton Hall, Monmouth, Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT